Pitt fan here | Syracusefan.com

Pitt fan here

Pitt_Fan_ACC

Walk On
I come in peace (I know you all are not fond of Pitt or its fans). I just wanted to say how impressive your team was. It is pretty clear that the Cuse and Ville are the top teams in the BE. I couldn't believe just how long and active the players on your team are. You have some seriously long athletes. Pretty amazing to see and watch. That kid Grant is going to turn into a star in the future.

Good luck the rest of the way (except against Pitt of course).

I come in peace (I know you all are not fond of Pitt or its fans). I just wanted to say how impressive your team was. It is pretty clear that the Cuse and Ville are the top teams in the BE. I couldn't believe just how long and active the players on your team are. You have some seriously long athletes. Pretty amazing to see and watch. That kid Grant is going to turn into a star in the future.

Nice, and yes this team has a lot of freaks, athletically speaking. With the guys committed in the coming years, not gonna end any time soon either.

The thing I hate most on message boards is when two fans of different teams have a "my dad can beat up your dad" pissing contest.

The thing I like best on message boards is when knowledgeable fans of different teams can have a basketball discussion where each side brings their own teams perspective and each side learns something new.

Come back any time to have the second kind of conversation.

Wow. A compliment from a Pitt fan, never thought I'd live to see the day. Nice. You better watch out or your fanbase will have you in a straightjacket.:p

Well, if you didn't like good basketball, then you wouldn't be coming to the ACC!
(And I agree wholeheartedly with General20's invite. Good discourse is always welcome!)

Bite me! Get lost! ;-)

Thanks everyone. Really glad our two teams get to continue facing off for years to come.

I think the problem with most Pitt fans is they want an immediate seat at the big boy table and they act like Pitt is elite. The reality is that in the past decade Pitt has done a nice job building a foundation. In order to become elite they would have to show up and win in March on top of winning consistently year in and year out. That takes a long time to establish and it very well could never happen.

When Pitt fans act like Pitt is elite, it ends up ticking off the fans of teams who are actually elite. That does not mean that Pitt is a bad program or Pitt can't compete on the hardwood. They are just not elite.

Looking forward to a battle when the two teams meet this year.

Thanks... I like our team this year but I agree with the national consensus that there are no great teams this year, just a bunch of very good ones. I have nothing against Pitt, respect their style of play and the program, and I'm very glad to continue sharing a conf with you. Every school has bad apple fans you just can't speak to rationally but I never got the impression Pitt had more than their share. Besides, your long term distane of WVU and its fans has to earn you points nationwide in a "the enemy of that completely worthless blowhard hillbilly entitled fanbase is my friend" kind of way.

Thanks... I like our team this year but I agree with the national consensus that there are no great teams this year, just a bunch of very good ones. I have nothing against Pitt, respect their style of play and the program, and I'm very glad to continue sharing a conf with you. Every school has bad apple fans you just can't speak to rationally but I never got the impression Pitt had more than their share. Besides, your long term distane of WVU and its fans has to earn you points nationwide in a "the enemy of that completely worthless blowhard hillbilly entitled fanbase is my friend" kind of way.

I have to say that I laughed out loud.
The word "hillbilly" is probably the last permissable derogatory term for a group of people .
Pretty soon you'll have to say something like "indigenous hill country people of dubious intellect."

It will be interesting to see how Pitt does with their style in the ACC. The physical style is something that the ACC teams will not be used to but neither will the refs. It does seem that Dixon has been adjusting his style as well though the last couple seasons. Some of that is personel but he even plays zone regularly this year.

It is weird. We had this menage' trois of hate between WVU-Pitt and us for so long, and now will get to focus that animosity souly on the yinzers.

He's right thought, until Pitt wins games on the last weekend, they are not elite.

And Karl Krauser can suck it.

It is weird. We had this menage' trois of hate between WVU-Pitt and us for so long, and now will get to focus that animosity souly on the yinzers.

He's right thought, until Pitt wins games on the last weekend, they are not elite.

And Karl Krauser can suck it.
But I loved Chevy Troutman. :)

good stuff - pitt is an interesting animal of a program. i know little about jamie dixon other than carrying the torch from ben howland and making it burn brighter but i tend to wonder if his inability to bring in blue chippers regularly is the preference of a control freak or just a limitation. Sam Young and Dajuan Blair were good players but still not the type of talent that helps you go further in march. Its clear dixon loves the blue collar style of hoops but i would think he could get even more talent to come with the recent success. Adams is a little like fab - a raw big man - but i just dont see the big inpact players coming in to keep them in the upper echelon of college hoops- yet they have the formula in place where they should be in that bracket.

Grant's teammate at DeMatha, their other PG Robinson, is playing well. Adams is raw but man is he athletic for a 7-footer. Woodall, Zanna, and Moore are solid. Adams will be a problem like Dieng was I predict. This will be a tough game. Lets not forget that if not for Scotty Reynolds then Pitt would've had a F4 in 09. They will be tough the next few years and Dixon will have them solid again, imo.

Every year there are 2 or 3 kids from different teams that I always say "They are still there?" With Krauser I swear to god that I think I saw him play in Manley back around 1978 against Louie and Bouie. That kid seemed to have never left college.

My one buddy used to joke that when Krauser was still at Pitt that Pitt was recruiting his son to play with him lol.

As for the problem with Dixon and recruiting... He does not seem to want to play the game that goes along with recruiting the blue chip kids. It blows my mind that he does not even try to land them. People around the program say if a kid has handlers he won't even attempt to recruit them. The only time he ever did was Khem Birch and it blew up on him. Birch was a case of he was going wherever Skerry went and Skerry was an assistant at Pitt at the time. Rondae Jefferson from PA is big time and from a school where Pitt has a good relationship and Dixon just didn't bother going after him. Instead he is going to play for Miller at Arizona. I know the fan base is split. Some love Dixon and want him to stay forever. Others would kick him out the door in a second if it meant they could lure Sean Miller back home to Pitt.

The thing I hate most on message boards is when two fans of different teams have a "my dad can beat up your dad" pissing contest.

The thing I like best on message boards is when knowledgeable fans of different teams can have a basketball discussion where each side brings their own teams perspective and each side learns something new.

Come back any time to have the second kind of conversation.
Agreed. This board strives to be a place where knowledgeable basketball fans can talk intelligently about the game they love.

Outsiders are welcome. Are they as they are civil.

I am still mad about that Butler game Pitt choked away ... I loathe Butler more than Pitt and WVU ... just loathe them ... my favorite all time Panther was Jerome Lane ... "Send it in Jerome ... " liked Charles Smith a lot too ...

I've had a soft spot for Pitt since the 6OT game. In the 3rd OT when we were down by 6 with about 2 minutes left the fans in our section were hung over, dejected and emotionally spent. A group of Pitt students were cheering for us all game even after Pitt had lost to WVU. At that moment, when we were completely spent, those Pitt students turned around to the SU fans and screamed for us to "get the you p***ies" and then started an "Let's go Orange" chant.

That was a great night.

I never had much animus towards Pitt...they never did anything in the NCAAs to get jealous over...no lucky runs like UConn.

My one buddy used to joke that when Krauser was still at Pitt that Pitt was recruiting his son to play with him lol.

As for the problem with Dixon and recruiting... He does not seem to want to play the game that goes along with recruiting the blue chip kids. It blows my mind that he does not even try to land them. People around the program say if a kid has handlers he won't even attempt to recruit them. The only time he ever did was Khem Birch and it blew up on him. Birch was a case of he was going wherever Skerry went and Skerry was an assistant at Pitt at the time. Rondae Jefferson from PA is big time and from a school where Pitt has a good relationship and Dixon just didn't bother going after him. Instead he is going to play for Miller at Arizona. I know the fan base is split. Some love Dixon and want him to stay forever. Others would kick him out the door in a second if it meant they could lure Sean Miller back home to Pitt.

I always wondered how Pitt let Sean Miller (especially when he was a young coach) and then Orlando Antigua get away from Pitt. Seeing Antigua hooked up with Calipari and being one of his best recruiters has always seemed strange to me.

I always wondered how Pitt let Sean Miller (especially when he was a young coach) and then Orlando Antigua get away from Pitt. Seeing Antigua hooked up with Calipari and being one of his best recruiters has always seemed strange to me.

Amazes me also. Once Dixon got the job they could not fire him with what he accomplished. Miller never really had much of a chance at that point.

When it comes to Antigua, he was once an assistant at Pitt. The knock on him at Pitt was that he struggled recruiting and couldn't get the job done. He lost his top targets and couldn't reel in anyone to Pitt. Then all of a sudden he joins Cal and is this star recruiter. Kind of funny how that works.

Amazes me also. Once Dixon got the job they could not fire him with what he accomplished. Miller never really had much of a chance at that point.

When it comes to Antigua, he was once an assistant at Pitt. The knock on him at Pitt was that he struggled recruiting and couldn't get the job done. He lost his top targets and couldn't reel in anyone to Pitt. Then all of a sudden he joins Cal and is this star recruiter. Kind of funny how that works.
For antigua its really simple to recruit for Calipari. He just goes up to a kid asks him what kind of square footage he's looking for for his mother/girlfriend/boyfriend?(yea you Nerlens). He has sets of car keys lined up and duffle bags of dough. Antigua is nothing without generous donors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom