Pitt game thread... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt game thread...

Lol. We're too small to compete with any top 150 team

It's just maddening that we have these two upperclassmen enormous bodies on our roster in DC and Chino that should be defending the rim and cleaning up the glass, but we can't use them because neither one really knows how to play basketball. But they're on a basketball team.

Yeah, pretty inexplicable we didn't use a timeout at any point when the time appeared to start panicking a bit.

It was really unbelievable! This is the first really big strike for me against Hop. He just gawked and stood there when the crowd was getting out of control and our guys were gassed. He probably still have 3 full time outs left. Just idiotic!

No reason for a 9-0 run in a 1:30 without a TO from Hop..he's getting better every game but he never calls TOs

It's just maddening that we have these two upperclassmen enormous bodies on our roster in DC and Chino that should be defending the rim and cleaning up the glass, but we can't use them because neither one really knows how to play basketball. But they're on a basketball team.

DC at least gives us something. Chino is god awful

No reason for a 9-0 run in a 1:30 without a TO from Hop..he's getting better every game but he never calls TOs

Thank you!!!! SOMEONE ELSE AGREESS!!! Really dumb coaching.

Lydon was more concerned with fouling out than making a play at the end in a tight game. For a guy that passes up 12 open shots a game I don't really see the point. May as well play Chino if you can't rebound and allow uncontested dunk after uncontested dunk. I know he's out of position, but man, make a play. No timeout by Hop is pretty much inexcusable. All around pretty terrible.

Wonder if moving G to the 3, Richardson to the 4 might have worked a bit at some point in the second half w/ Howard at the point. I mean, we're tiny, and will get obliterated, but G tends to compete on the boards better at the 3 than Richardson. It's not like it could have gotten worse????? Right???

That being said, it was close to the end, so what do you do if your Hopkins? Not much. Should have used a TO though.

Still just surprised by how little Lydon gives. Thought he might be up for tipping out some rebounds to the guards. Oh well.

This team is too small to compete with just about any ACC team. Get used to getting crushed on the offensive glass. If Lydon is going go give us nothing then Obokoh needs more time.
The game seemed pretty competitive to me.

God that was a terrible final 4 minutes of play. So many turnovers, frankly it was not good to end the night

Hop lost this game for us. He should have called timeout.

What was Hop going to do in that timeout? Tell them to rebound? They can't. Tell them to shoot free throws better? Tell the refs that the world is better off without them breathing our oxygen? Tell Lydon to grow a pair?

of course he should have called a TO earlier but let's face it, the game was over when Jeter made the and-1, and it actually might have been over the play earlier on G's bogus charge

What was Hop going to do in that timeout? Tell them to rebound? They can't. Tell them to shoot free throws better? Tell the refs that the world is better off without them breathing our oxygen? Tell Lydon to grow a pair?

Let them catch their breath. Let the crowd calm down. Are you suggesting timeouts do not help?

Hop choked down the stretch. I think that JB pulls this game out

DC at least gives us something. Chino is god awful

DC is our 270 lb 23 year old senior center, and in a game we desperately needed him to be tough and smart and involved, he had 2 points, 1 rebound, 2 turnovers and 5 fouls. And when he misses, he misses horribly.

Lydon had some really, really nice passes to Roberson; but he passes up so many open shots its maddening. People still play him to shoot, but eventually they won't because he never shoots

Hop choked down the stretch. I think that JB pulls this game out

Just an amazingly bad coaching performance. GMac or Red should have been screaming in Hops ear when it was 4-0, 6-0, 8-run. Just really bad coaching.

Lydon had some really, really nice passes to Roberson

Lydon and Roberson's beautiful two man game was certainly a bright spot. But my God I really want Lydon to look for his own shot a bit more.

Why is Chino on this team? Was it part of a recruiting plan? It's disgusting that were Syracuse and stuck in this position where we literally can't even try to compete on the glass against teams like Wisconsin, Georgetown, St Johns and Pitt.

seriously, keep saying it

Good point. Or do you prefer people keep blaming player performances. Because I don't think the players lost this game.

Dave85 said:
Just an amazingly bad coaching performance. GMac or Red should have been screaming in Hops ear when it was 4-0, 6-0, 8-run. Just really bad coaching.
By any chance, do you think Hopkins should have called a timeout? I'm unclear on your opinion. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom