Pitt Gameday Thread | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Gameday Thread

It’s a brutal loss. There’s no other way to put it. A potentially great season is suddenly looking like it may turn out to be much more pedestrian. We’ll see. But all the things we were excited about in the short term...possible top 25, 5-1 heading into the bye with a winnable home game coming next...that’s all gone.

I heavily doubt I’m the only fan of both teams who will be thinking about b-ball a little more in the coming couple weeks.

To this point, I had honestly thought about hoops far less than I typically would given how good the team should be.

* I still think my creative response both accurately summed up my feelings in the moment and was funny and inoffensive?
I think we got ahead of ourselves with some of the hype...but fans have to have that type of belief and hope. There are still six games to go and I still see the goal many set of a winning season and a bowl game being achieved.

I think we got ahead of ourselves with some of the hype...but fans have to have that type of belief and hope. There are still six games to go and I still see the goal many set of a winning season and a bowl game being achieved.

Going to others' house and win is not that easy. The Wake Forest game will be troublesome. We need to win the home games- Louisville, NC State and UNC. And hope we also get the win in the neutral site against Notre Dame. Eight win season is not that bad. Also hope Pitt wins at Notre Dame next week so our loss won't look too bad.

We did but man this program and fanbase NEED something awesome or even just legitimately “good”.

4-8 to something much better in only year 3 of a near total rebuild is tough to do though.

Big picture wise, 6-6 is ok for this year given where we’re coming from. 7-5 would be fine. Looks like it will be tough to have what most consider a legit “good” 8-4 type season though. If we won today that would’ve looked much more doable.

Going to others' house and win is not that easy. The Wake Forest game will be troublesome. We need to win the home games- Louisville, NC State and UNC. And hope we also get the win in the neutral site against Notre Dame. Eight win season is not that bad. Also hope Pitt wins at Notre Dame next week so our loss won't look too bad.
Have you seen the Clemson Wake score...Clemson 49 Wake 3

7-5 is a very positive step. Especially with a Devito coming in with experience next year. Hopefully Dino’s recruits getting more experience.

We did but man this program and fanbase NEED something awesome or even just legitimately “good”.

4-8 to something much better in only year 3 of a near total rebuild is tough to do though.

Big picture wise, 6-6 is ok for this year given where we’re coming from. 7-5 would be fine. Looks like it will be tough to have what most consider a legit “good” 8-4 type season though. If we won today that would’ve looked much more doable.
Don't you mean "but mamm" .;)

8 win season is “not that bad”?

It would be the best regular season we’ve had in 17 years!

Took a little longer this year, but...thank God basketball is about to start.

That's so over the top. It was a fluke loss. For Pitt to win it took a place kicker that was out of his mind, a defensive score and two busts to take it to OT.

SU played it's C- game on the road. People need to chill the f' out.

Tough to remain a staunch Syracuse fan when you see games like this.

Pitt did one thing all game and we literally could do nothing to stop it.

The only time we stopped them, they went away from the thing they were doing well.

I saw zero adjustments and the same old crap the entire game.

Unbelievable.

Then stop watching.

Pretty simple

That's so over the top. It was a fluke loss. For Pitt to win it took a place kicker that was out of his mind, a defensive score and two busts to take it to OT.

Fluke? The fumble return was a fluke because it should’ve been blown dead.

From the time it was 14-14, I don’t think it was a fluke. Them running the ball down our throats every single play in the 4th quarter and OT was not a fluke.

We’ve been giving up long TDs all year. Not a fluke.

Our kicker made a 50 yarder too, so that lessens the “fluke kick angle”.

Every game after September we seem to play a C- game, we can beat Unc and the Ville but that is it

Our defense has surrendered a lot of "busts" so far this season. And our kicker was also pretty damn good today.

A lot of people will. The casual fan balloon just popped.

Right. I don’t understand the telling people how to be a fan stuff. We don’t play.

Really think we were on the verge of getting a lot of people on board.

This was a tough, tough loss. We needed this one.

Getting mad at the fans that are mad is...weird to me.

265 yards on the ground, 5.6 yards per carry. And, not the first time the D has gone belly up like that.

No team from now on will pass on us. I expect a steady diet of student body down our throats. There are some serious problems ahead . How are we going to stop BC , ND and NC St.? This was not a fluke, they should have abandoned the pass earlier.

No team from now on will pass on us. I expect a steady diet of student body down our throats. There are some serious problems ahead . How are we going to stop BC , ND and NC St.? This was not a fluke, they should have abandoned the pass earlier.
We're not. Those are 3 losses.

I guess someone else decided that your creative response wasn't necessary.
And I don't care I just think it is unfortunate that when the team loses two games with six more to go y'all start the I am glad it's BB season. That's fine but for most of us on the Football forum it's still football season.

My apologies but I was only getting at the fact we all are exhausted a bit from two rough losses. A distraction that is welcome while 100 percent still all in that we have a long ways for football season is where I think more than a few folks are at including myself. Not one ounce of me thinks it's all over or is changing my plans to be up there for UNC. LGO!

265 yards on the ground, 5.6 yards per carry. And, not the first time the D has gone belly up like that.

Yup and it was really 300+ but sacks are calculated in as rushing yards lost.

Dream on...

What happened to the all world DT/DTs we were supposed to have?
I don’t quit understand myself. I saw a lot of doubles on Slayton but I also seen him turn his shoulders to line of scrimmage (getting skinny) but he stayed that way and would get washed down followed by our backers without a clue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom