Pitt Gameday Thread | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Gameday Thread

I am not sure what turning the corner means. But generally we have less talent than our opponents. We are pretty similar to unc, wake and Louisville. Win 2 and we’re still bowling l.
The way the team played today, the Toilet Bowl is where we are headed.

Whoever said do not extend Dino May be the dumbest person on earth

Dino is not our problem. Our facility is too outdated to attract players. So defense has a lot of holes. That is why it is the top priority to modernize the Carrier Dome.

D wasn’t why we lost.
It was Dungey.
His passing was poor.
The playcalling on offense was terrible.
The D is good on DL and DBs it’s awful in LBs. Thus we get gashed.

The D was why we lost. Pitt scored on their last 3 possessions.

We couldn't get a stop when we needed it. And IIRC, not one pass completion on those 3 drives.

D wasn’t why we lost.
It was Dungey.
His passing was poor.
The playcalling on offense was terrible.
The D is good on DL and DBs it’s awful in LBs. Thus we get gashed.

No it's the D. We scored to go up 3 and Pitt got in field goal range and scored in OT without throwing a pass. That is inconceivable, the rush D is absolute joke, zero adjustments as usual. How Ward is still here is unfathomable

Dino is not our problem. Our facility is too outdated to attract players. So defense has a lot of holes. That is why it is the top priority to modernize the Carrier Dome.

You’re going there???

Let's examine the logic of that play call.

Best case scenario, you put your tired defense back on the field to try and stuff the run after 15 straight running plays.

Middle case, you start behind the chains and let their safeties come up to stop the run.

Worst case (which happened), you get a turnover and lose the game.

Why call a play when every outcome is horrible for your team?

It is disqualifying for our OC. I'd fire him on the spot if I was Dino. Zero game awareness. Is he playing Madden up there?

Let's examine the logic of that play call.

Best case scenario, you put your tired defense back on the field to try and stuff the run after 15 straight running plays.

Middle case, you start behind the chains and let their safeties come up to stop the run.

Worst case (which happened), you get a turnover and lose the game.

Why call a play when every outcome is horrible for your team?

It is disqualifying for our OC. I'd fire him on the spot if I was Dino. Zero game awareness. Is he playing Madden up there?
He's no Sean Lewis

Yep! All we need is a twisty slide and we’ll be winning all the games!

That. But we had a golden opportunity to get 6 on offense and put it away too.

The offense wasn't crisp or efficient today, but the D was a flat out joke.

On 4th and 3 with the game on the line, if you're 99% certain that a run play is coming, it's clear that the other coach thinks your run D is a joke. And he's right. I believe that they actually ran the Wildcat on that play!

Don’t start blaming the facilities when we were winning with 5 mins to go

complete BS. refs spotted them 14 points and gave them a first down on a 4th down play where the runner was clearly short. It should have never even been in overtime! I'm sick of the ACC. It's the same crap in basketball!

I have no idea why a couple people on here said he got the first down. Same with the announcers.

I taped the game and have replayed it over 10 times and he was very clearly tackled a half yard short.

The announcers that said he got to the 49 were high because I've slowed it down repeatedly and it's not close.

The offense wasn't crisp or efficient today, but the D was a flat out joke.

On 4th and 3 with the game on the line, if you're 99% certain that a run play is coming, it's clear that the other coach thinks your run D is a joke. And he's right. I believe that they actually ran the Wildcat on that play!

Yup. That game tying FG drive was like something you’d see in a class D high school football game. The bigger team is completely incapable of passing but just methodically runs it every single play and it works. Ridiculous really. Can’t say I’ve ever seen that happen to THAT degree at this level.

Bad snap killed us, we score a td on that drive and Pitt has to throw the ball down by 2 scores and we get to rush the qb which is the only thing we do do well on d. Instead we are.only up 7 and they pound us with running game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom