Pitt Gameday Thread | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Gameday Thread

That's what makes the play call so stupid.

Even if he makes a miracle catch for the TD, our tired defense goes back out onto the field after a 30 second rest.

No game awareness.

The throw wasn't even supposed to go there. it was a route to clear out the safety...Dungey just made a bone head throw.

That's what makes the play call so stupid.

Even if he makes a miracle catch for the TD, our tired defense goes back out onto the field after a 30 second rest.

No game awareness.
I wonder if Babers would have gone for 2 if we had scored?

The throw wasn't even supposed to go there. it was a route to clear our the safety...Dungey just made a bone head throw.
That could be. I'll have to watch the replay a few times.

If it is a horrible play call or a horrible read, I'm not happy about either.

That could be. I'll have to watch the replay a few times.

If it is a horrible play call or a horrible read, I'm not happy about either.

Dungey is just erratic. he always has been. AET made him seem a lot better than he was when we all fell in love with him.

Ward is suspect but at some point the LBs need to make a GD play. Plenty of chances for them. They don’t get downhill either. Dungey also was terrible today. Double-edged sword and a whole team L today. Just can’t happen.

Ward is suspect but at some point the LBs need to make a GD play. Plenty of chances for them. They don’t get downhill either. Dungey also was terrible today. Double-edged sword and a whole team L today. Just can’t happen.
doesn't Ward coach the LBs and pick who gets snaps?

doesn't Ward coach the LBs and pick who gets snaps?

True but I don’t think we have anybody good truly in that dept. They are all so undersized also.

Except Dungey score 37 points and that should be enough to beat Pitt.

He wasn't his best but did enough to win imo
In college football I'm a firm believer that there's no specific amount of points you can get that "should" be enough to win.

I'm not saying defense gets a pass, but people are gonna score. It will happen.

So when we have a game like today where Dungey starts super sharp and then completely loses it, it just leaves us way too vulnerable.

In college football I'm a firm believer that there's no specific amount of points you can get that "should" be enough to win.

So when we have a game like today where Dungey starts super sharp and then completely loses it, it just leaves us way too vulnerable.
I agree that most people underestimate the amount of points needed to be successful in College Football. However, I think there is some number of which you can start to determine weakness. As in, you can't just give up 50 points a game (we gave up 44) and just say, hey, its not the defenses fault... this is College football, offense.. you should have scored 51!

I also think Pitt threw everything they had into this game and we didnt. We can still win 7-8 games but power running teams are clearly going to require us to have a stellar offensive performance to win.

Whoever said do not extend Dino May be the dumbest person on earth
No the dumbest person is the Rutgers AD who extended Ash. Why on earth should we extend Babers when he is winning 40% of his games halfway through year three? Why? Let's see how he does, he signed a contract. What we should not do is what they did. At this point Babers is going nowhere. Especially with that run defense.

I agree that most people underestimate the amount of points needed to be successful in College Football. However, I think there is some number of which you can start to determine weakness. As in, you can't just give up 50 points a game (we gave up 44) and just say, hey, its not the defenses fault... this is College football, offense.. you should have scored 51!
Oh yeah, I'm not giving the defense a total pass, I was saying earlier we both had lousy Dungey and a defense that broke.

If the defense is a little better we win. If Dungey is a little better we win.

What's frustrating to me is I feel like we have a whole lot more control of what we accomplish on offense than defense.

I agree with Otto, there is no safe total.

The defense gave Dungey a short filed twice and he gave up two bad interceptions and a fumble. 37 points with a clean sheet would be way different.

That is a truly sad thing for you to say. There is a lot of football season left.

I don't know his thinking but I don't disagree. Not in order to ditch football season but to have something else to enjoy alongside and that can be the antidote to a rough couple weeks in one sport or the other.

I don't know his thinking but I don't disagree. Not in order to ditch football season but to have something else to enjoy alongside and that can be the antidote to a rough couple weeks in one sport or the other.

Exactly. I’ll watch every game and root like heck, like always.

But today was a gut wrenching loss that significantly dampens our prospects for this season IMO...and I’m excited that b-ball is starting.

I guess we all have to feel the same way? Can’t be excited hoops is coming(and the team is loaded) to take the potential sting away if football doesn’t go the way it looked it might a few weeks ago?

Guess you get to tell me how to feel, and I don’t get to respond and that’s that?

Today’s loss took the wind out of my sails. Not sure why you care? Ready for hoops to start is not a bad thing.
I guess someone else decided that your creative response wasn't necessary.
And I don't care I just think it is unfortunate that when the team loses two games with six more to go y'all start the I am glad it's BB season. That's fine but for most of us on the Football forum it's still football season.

I guess someone else decided that your creative response wasn't necessary.
And I don't care I just think it is unfortunate that when the team loses two games with six more to go y'all start the I am glad it's BB season. That's fine but for most of us on the Football forum it's still football season.

It’s a brutal loss. There’s no other way to put it. A potentially great season is suddenly looking like it may turn out to be much more pedestrian. We’ll see. But all the things we were excited about in the short term...possible top 25, 5-1 heading into the bye with a winnable home game coming next...that’s all gone.

I heavily doubt I’m the only fan of both teams who will be thinking about b-ball a little more in the coming couple weeks.

To this point, I had honestly thought about hoops far less than I typically would given how good the team should be.

* I still think my creative response both accurately summed up my feelings in the moment and was funny and inoffensive? Sorry for assuming you did it though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom