Players Returning Next Year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Players Returning Next Year

but when do you know whether he's gonna go off until he does.
I mean, JGIII wasn't a gift to the defense gods, but got it done (there are others too).
Tired of this mind set.

I want players who defend. Period. This fanbase got manipulated to believe defense wasn't important the last 5 years. It needs to change.

Maliq is a smart enough kid to know that's what he needs to get to next level. And his stroke doesn't look unnatural when he shot it this year, so I trust he'll be working on it nonstop.

His ceiling continues to look higher too given his willingness to do so much

Freeman is more a 3 like Billy, Dave Johnson and Leo Rautins. A 4 would be DC, Wallace,Hank and Melo.

Playing multiple positions as a dynamic forward is important at the next level so being just a 4 here is too limited for his growth too.

The transfer portal is an opportunity to add some grown ass men to our roster. Guys that are physically mature and have experience and leadership qualities.
I wonder why we haven't been doing that lately?

I hate it - call me old school but it shouldn't be news for someone to honor their commitment.
Stop it! Do you still work for your first employer? Scholarships incorporate the NCAA rules, which include transferring. Therefore, it’s part of the agreement.
Players could always transfer: now they aren’t penalized for it.

Remember when the year started and he didn't even start. YIKES.

20 mins vs Colgate. 19 mins vs Tenn. 17 vs Gonzaga

(Some foul trouble in the Maui games, but still)
We were terrible in those McLeod minutes too. He blocked some shots, but otherwise he was getting beat off the dribble and doing zero offensively.

Hmm. Looks like the market suggests the players are worth more than just a "free ride"
I dont think this is close to accurate? You think every player at a tier one is making 500k to 3 Mill a yr?

Now some players maybe.

if you took 3 Million a yr across 10 players and the school pays it out they all stop the sport right now. They dont have budget model that handles that at all.

Even 500K a player breaks the bank.

I dont think this is close to accurate? You think every player at a tier one is making 500k to 3 Mill a yr?

Now some players maybe.

if you took 3 Million a yr across 10 players and the school pays it out they all stop the sport right now. They dont have budget model that handles that at all.

The first pic is total NIL budget, the second is per player. There is a wide range between $175k to $750k per player though.

I hope everyone reads this article and can understand that 1) he is clearly our MVP and 2) what he has to do on defense and how well he does it, for what he has been asked to do, is incredible and has been noticed and on-the-record praised by conference coaches.

Quotes praising him from Brian Brownell and Mike Young. Talking about his defense and offense and being a team player that they love.

SU assistant Brendan Straughn, Brown's position coach, describes Brown as "probably the most valuable, the most important piece of what we're doing on both ends of the floor."

Lot of room at the inn for the Maliq Brown Fan Club for posters that want to join.

Just a reminder, someone saw his skills in HS. ;)

No change is going to occur after this season IMO

If we lost him this would have been the one we said "what if" about next year. Donnie has a higher ceiling and I have no doubt will get a good look at the NBA, but there's a solid chance Junior-year Maliq is more effective than Freshman-year Donnie, especially in the beginning of the season, so if he left and Donnie had a slow start, it would burn. This is not an indictment on Donnie because I'm very high on him. Just being realistic that we can't assume a freshman will dominate from the tip in November. Also Maliq covers 2 positions. Great news to start the week.
Right here is the problem! Assuming that Donnie Freeman‘s production as a freshman is going to even be 10/5 is what annually sets up disappointment. Same assumptions were made about Benny Williams because of his lofty HS reputation. Let‘s assume a slower learning curve for these guys and keep expectations in check.

Now some players maybe.

But breaks the bank for whom, is the question.

If I were to put an educated guess, I would assume Cuse bball is around the $1.5-$2M range

so this is saying $750k is the highest for a single player? hmm gotta believe guys like Dickinson this past year surpassed that and it will def be surpassed this cycle - I'd bet top 5-10 portal dudes clear $1m easy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom