Players Returning Next Year | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Players Returning Next Year

so this is saying $750k is the highest for a single player? hmm gotta believe guys like Dickinson this past year surpassed that and it will def be surpassed this cycle - I'd bet top 5-10 portal dudes clear $1m easy
Believe the chart suggested 750 is in the 90th percentage. Not the max.

3 freakish things this year that I have never seen before that Brown.

1. The 5X5. Obvi this was reported that this just does not happen.
2. He missed a free throw and still got his own rebound against 4 Louisville players in the paint. 1 on 4.
3. His deflection / steal rate. Just in case people aren't aware Steals do not work like Forced / Recovered fumbles. He does not get credit for all the forced steals. If he did I believe he would've blown up the ACC record.

Could you please be a little more descriptive about those 12 games?

When you take away the MVP, the most efficient player, the guy with by far the highest BPM, the only guy that can set a functional screen and the guy that is tapped to have to defend out of position because no one else can... things look grim.

Who knows how many wins, but I can tell you if you take him away, it's very, very, very bad.

Yeah Copeland and Bell to go along with Starling, Brown, and Freeman is a nice core.
Add Chance, McCloud and the Rfrosh Patterson and roll with the two Freshman and a portal stud.

When you take away the MVP, the most efficient player, the guy with by far the highest BPM, the only guy that can set a functional screen and the guy that is tapped to have to defend out of position because no one else can... things look grim.

Who knows how many wins, but I can tell you if you take him away, it's very, very, very bad.

You missed it.
It was a play on JB's comment regarding GMac...not 10 wins.

Last edited:
Add Chance, McCloud and the Rfrosh Patterson and roll with the two Freshman and a portal stud.
okay, I need to be clear on this; is this a joke that people are going to make going forward or do people actually not know how to spell his name?

Portal PG/Cope/Cuffe
JJ/Moore/Cope/Cuffe
Freeman/Bell/Westry/Cope
Brown/Freeman
Portal C/Brown/McCloud

Seems like this is what we will be shooting for next year. I would say Bell is the wildcard if he comes back or not. Those portal players need to be upperclassmen and the point guard needs to be a shooter.

Portal PG/Cope/Cuffe
JJ/Moore/Cope/Cuffe
Freeman/Bell/Westry/Cope
Brown/Freeman
Portal C/Brown/McCloud

Seems like this is what we will be shooting for next year. I would say Bell is the wildcard if he comes back or not. Those portal players need to be upperclassmen and the point guard needs to be a shooter.
It's not the same situation but famously Dion Waiters decided to stay another year and listened to the staff and improved a ton. Hoping same thing happens for Bell.

If we lost him this would have been the one we said "what if" about next year. Donnie has a higher ceiling and I have no doubt will get a good look at the NBA, but there's a solid chance Junior-year Maliq is more effective than Freshman-year Donnie, especially in the beginning of the season, so if he left and Donnie had a slow start, it would burn. This is not an indictment on Donnie because I'm very high on him. Just being realistic that we can't assume a freshman will dominate from the tip in November. Also Maliq covers 2 positions. Great news to start the week.
very few freshman come in and dominat right away - even 5 stars...important to remember when projecting for next season

Stop it! Do you still work for your first employer? Scholarships incorporate the NCAA rules, which include transferring. Therefore, it’s part of the agreement.
Players could always transfer: now they aren’t penalized for it.
I understand that and don't have an issue with kids transferring. It's well within their rights and they should if they feel its best for them. My complaint is that anyone of note has to say they're coming back. Typically that would just be reserved for your borderline NBA guys (Tyus, Fair, Judah).

I've been wondering why there hasn't been a bit of discussion about Freeman at the 3 with Malik at PF. We'd be bigger and stronger for sure.
And Bell, where he belongs, at the 2. Let JJ and Cope split time at the 1. JJ does not score enough for a 2. Bell at the 2 could shoot all day long if he is on.

No guarantee that Brown will be back. He left the door open. If we don't have the pieces to dance, I would not bet on him staying. He about said as much.

And Bell, where he belongs, at the 2. Let JJ and Cope split time at the 1. JJ does not score enough for a 2. Bell at the 2 could shoot all day long if he is on.

No guarantee that Brown will be back. He left the door open. If we don't have the pieces to dance, I would not bet on him staying. He about said as much.
Bell can’t play the 2. His handle isn’t close to good enough

Portal PG/Cope/Cuffe
JJ/Moore/Cope/Cuffe
Freeman/Bell/Westry/Cope
Brown/Freeman
Portal C/Brown/McCloud

I would’ve been more funny if you just put Cope at the end of each line. I actually wonder who would win more jump balls. cope or Mccloud.

Huh?
Hes a total cone if he plays the 2

Bell can’t play the 2. His handle isn’t close to good enough
And he can't do much other than shoot from a set (ish) position. A decade of mediocrity really put the blinders on people.
It's not the same situation but famously Dion Waiters decided to stay another year and listened to the staff and improved a ton. Hoping same thing happens for Bell.
Dion went from an above average frosh in limited minutes to a top-5 pick in his sophomore year. If Bell sticks around, I hope he can at least be above average as a junior 6-7th man. God that team was sooooo good. Six future NBA players. One regular season loss on the road to a decent ND team who shot the lights out and SU didn't. Tough loss to a very good Ohio State team that was getting away with murder plowing into people and reaching in generating tons of bad calls on SU.

And he can't do much other than shoot from a set (ish) position. A decade of mediocrity really put the blinders on people.
Bell went on a heater in February and people forgot about the last 1.75 years. Over the matter of a few games people went from wanting him to transfer to wanting to break the NIL bank for him. I don't want to live or die by Bell shooting the leather off the ball next year. I doubt Red wants to bet his career on it either. I hope he stays, but for when his shot isn't falling we need a wing who shoots in the high 30s, drives, rebounds, and plays hard D.

I am most worried about the 5. The injury bug sucks. I don’t see how we keep both Carey and Patterson.

I think the consensus is that we need a ready to play big for matchups where Brown is not the guy and McCloud’s height novelty won’t work.

Carey had his chance when Benny was dismissed and it was squandered with injuries and not being ready to play. Patterson who knows.

Autry can’t keep multiple centers that are projects. Gotta pick 1 young guy and stick with him.

Portal PG/Cope/Cuffe
JJ/Moore/Cope/Cuffe
Freeman/Bell/Westry/Cope
Brown/Freeman
Portal C/Brown/McCloud

Probably close to right. The Westry/Copeland minutes will be interesting assuming both are here. Not sure either one shoot enough to play in the backcourt though with JJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom