Players Returning Next Year | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Players Returning Next Year

Some of you guys do not realize that Donnie will probably never see time at the 3.
I think you are correct and that is what surprises me about Brown coming back. For Brown to come back, he would have been told that we are going after a real 5 in the portal. I believe that to be true. Okay. But Freeman is playing the 4. Where does that leave Brown? We don't get a quality 5 to come here and not start. I have to say I am going to be really curious on what the actual plan is.

I think you are correct and that is what surprises me about Brown coming back. For Brown to come back, he would have been told that we are going after a real 5 in the portal. I believe that to be true. Okay. But Freeman is playing the 4. Where does that leave Brown? We don't get a quality 5 to come here and not start. I have to say I am going to be really curious on what the actual plan is.

Seems to be an unpopular opinion on this board but I think Brown starts over Donnie at the 4 and to me its a no brainer. There is no chance Red guaranteed Donnie a starting spot. Maliq impacts the game in so many different areas. This would all hinge on us adding a staring quality center like you said.

I think Red wants to be able to change his lineups based on who he’s playing. If we are playing a big team Donnie may see some time at the 3, but I still think we see Donnie and Brown together with 3 guards 20-25 minutes a game. From an offensive perspective their games are made for the 4 and 5 positions.

I think Red wants to be able to change his lineups based on who he’s playing. If we are playing a big team Donnie may see some time at the 3, but I still think we see Donnie and Brown together with 3 guards 20-25 minutes a game. From an offensive perspective their games are made for the 4 and 5 positions.
It won't happen. Donnie at the 3 = no spacing. You don't put three guys on the floor together who all want to play in the paint. Red has stressed many times how important spacing is. If Donnie, Maliq, and a center play together there would be no driving lanes. Donnie isn't a good enough shooter right now to play exclusively on the perimeter.

No mention of Judah returning. Must be with cause or certainty that he is moving on.

It won't happen. Donnie at the 3 = no spacing. You don't put three guys on the floor together who all want to play in the paint. Red has stressed many times how important spacing is. If Donnie, Maliq, and a center play together there would be no driving lanes. Donnie isn't a good enough shooter right now to play exclusively on the perimeter.
I don’t like Donnie at the 3 either, but right now that seems to be at least part of the plan.

They can all play 25ish min a game with spot minutes for a backup center
How could a player do you think you are going to get to come in here and not start?

1 outside shooter in todays game?
Judah is a better outside shooter than JJ.

Copeland will be a unicorn next year get to the hoop at will tons of steals rebound like a forward and shoot better.

Starling isn’t awful but he’s someone who leaves you wanting more. Just like Girard he’s ideally suited to 6th man.

Judah is a better outside shooter than JJ.

Copeland will be a unicorn next year get to the hoop at will tons of steals rebound like a forward and shoot better.

Starling isn’t awful but he’s someone who leaves you wanting more. Just like Girard he’s ideally suited to 6th man.
Starling 36% in conference play Judah 21%. Couldn't be more wrong.

Seems to be an unpopular opinion on this board but I think Brown starts over Donnie at the 4 and to me its a no brainer. There is no chance Red guaranteed Donnie a starting spot. Maliq impacts the game in so many different areas. This would all hinge on us adding a staring quality center like you said.
Well, if the best players play, Donnie starts.

No mention of Judah returning. Must be with cause or certainty that he is moving on.
I’m not ruling it out from some things I’ve heard. I know a few others say no way, but I have not heard that. I know there’s some serious support to run it back with the same team with a change or two from the portal. But I’ll leave it at that for now. This is going to be a VERY interesting couple of weeks

I’m not ruling it out from some things I’ve heard. I know a few others say no way, but I have not heard that. I know there’s some serious support to run it back with the same team with a change or two from the portal. But I’ll leave it at that for now. This is going to be a VERY interesting couple of weeks
For anyone to come in from the portal, there has to be at least the same number of Syracuse players leaving the team.

With Freeman and Moore coming in from high school, two openings need to happen. One opening is from the Bennie Williams vacancy. The second may come from the graduation of Mounir Hima although he still has college eligibility. I assume that Judah may not be back which will give one open vacancy for an incoming portal. Not sure which other Syracuse player(s) may not return.

For anyone to come in from the portal, there has to be at least the same number of Syracuse players leaving the team.

With Freeman and Moore coming in from high school, two openings need to happen. One opening is from the Bennie Williams vacancy. The second may come from the graduation of Mounir Hima although he still has college eligibility. I assume that Judah may not be back which will give one open vacancy for an incoming portal. Not sure which other Syracuse player(s) may not return.
Carey? Patterson?

Not sure how McLeod fits if we get a new big man and/or other centers are ready to go.
Could Bell or Q be upset or disappointed enough to leave? There were tense moments, but money talks in today’s NCAAB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom