Players Returning Next Year | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Players Returning Next Year

Agree to disagree. That UNC win is a win / ceiling this core never flashed prior. They beat us by 36 earlier in the year, have a decent chance of being a 1 seed and it’s a program we’ve struggled with since moving to the ACC. We also had a few games where we got out to big leads and had to hold on for dear life because we ran out of steam from having no depth.

My comment was also based on running it back, which while it seems unlikely. If we bring back the entire core of sophomores from a 20 win team and add 3-4 rotation guys. That team will be very good.
Just one more guy in the rotation would have really helped the "running out of steam" phenomenon. But the key was we were doing what we want to see, blowing out bad teams. If Carey was a little better, or Cuffe was a little more ready, or even if McLeod wasn't out, those guys getting 12-15 minutes combined per half would have allowed the starters and Copeland to finish strong instead of wearing down at the end of games.

and they have the final say on roster make up? That is the craziest thing about the NIL world.
If donors say we'll give you $2m for NIL, but you have to get these players and if you don't get them, you don't get the money, what can the University say except Thank you sir may I have another? I'm usually not one for lots of regulations, but this thing can't be regulated fast enough. Maybe Universities pay, salary caps, maybe contracts, IDK.

If donors say we'll give you $2m for NIL, but you have to get these players and if you don't get them, you don't get the money, what can the University say except Thank you sir may I have another? I'm usually not one for lots of regulations, but this thing can't be regulated fast enough. Maybe Universities pay, salary caps, maybe contracts, IDK.
The Court said no so it’s not happening.

He’s also the anti Benny in terms of his work ethic and desire to win. His attitude will be helpful. We need more guys who buy into Red’s approach and Moore is a big fit there. Kid will put in the extra effort. He already has. I think he ends up being very good here.
For those that don't go to the recruiting forums, Moore scored 67 in his last game, shooting 13-19 on threes.

He's in a pretty good league, too. No traditional high school league here. The team they beat traveled from Arizona to get whipped.

EDIT: the team they beat want from Arizona... It was a different team with the same name. The quality of competition wasn't good.

Last edited:
and they have the final say on roster make up? That is the craziest thing about the NIL world.
Every super rich guy gets to be a an amateur general manager, or he just doesn't write his checks for NIL.

That's just a preliminary injunction and not a final decision. And I believe it was entered on consent of the NCAA after the court issued an initial temporary restraining order but before the court had a hearing on the preliminary injunction. And that doesn't mean Congress can't regulate. They can grant exemptions, the problem is simply they haven't done so yet. This decision doesn't mean NIL won't be regulated better in the future.

I saw Weitsman finally got his sushi restaurant opened in the Finger Lakes so now we can get him back on the NIL recruiting trail.
Just a soft opening. Food was good.

It's not an unreasonable opinion. I think Freeman could be elite at doing what Taylor is doing now, and Taylor is scoring 6 or 8 points in about 20 minutes the last few.

An offseason of weight training and maturity will probably make Brown an improved defensive presence down low.

Not to mention we will have one of the countries best shot blockers to bring out when necessary, stopping those long runs where teams dump the ball down to the low post over and over again.

We wouldn't be a great defensive team with Brown, Freeman, and Bell, but we could be a good team who scores en wough (and turns over the opponents enough) to win a lot anyway.
I fear that Brown will portal if we do not get a 5. He as much as said so although everyone seems to think that he guaranteed that he will return.
If we get a starting 5 what happens to Bell? Bell is our best outside shooter. We need him. Red is partial to JJ. They go back a long ways.

You must not watch basketball because nobody plays with 2 bigs anymore. The only NBA team that plays 2 bigs is Minnesotta because of KAT's ability to able to stretch the floor. The current state of basketball moved on from 2 bigs a while ago. You spread the floor as much as possible and let your athletes play in space.
Every pro team is big up front. There are no Roys Runt teams. NBA front kines are tall and skilled. What used to be twin towers is now standard.

For those that don't go to the recruiting forums, Moore scored 67 in his last game, shooting 13-19 on threes.

He's in a pretty good league, too. No traditional high school league here. The team they beat traveled from Arizona to get whipped.
That wasnt Compass AZ, it was Compass in NJ. The guy tweeted a correction. They were totally outmatched apparently.

Thanks for the info Bulldog.
I hope the donors trust Red regarding what he wants and know they can use funds on poaching other players to upgrade, not just keep status quo.

That wasnt Compass AZ, it was Compass in NJ. The guy tweeted a correction. They were totally outmatched apparently.

Can’t knock 13/19 from 3 regardless of the opponent. But it was an “exhibition game” against a very bad opponent.

No not at all but they voice their opinion. Red knows what to do. Just a hard situation for a first year coach going into 2nd year. But the dollars that are raised help him to get or keep certain kids. It’s a wild time

I’m glad you posted this. The thread was getting stupid.

No not at all but they voice their opinion. Red knows what to do. Just a hard situation for a first year coach going into 2nd year. But the dollars that are raised help him to get or keep certain kids. It’s a wild time
A hard situation for all coaches, regardless of how long they've been at it. See Roy Williams, Jay Wright, Nick Saban.

An offseason of weight training and maturity will probably make Brown an improved defensive presence down low.
Strength is always good, but he looks plenty strong for the 4. I'd much rather see him work on his shot and high post movement. His future on this team and beyond is not down low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom