Portal Big Men Prospects for Next Year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Portal Big Men Prospects for Next Year

What type of player do you think we could get that would at most play 10-15 minutes total with Brown and Freeman ahead of them?
a lot of good players!

FSU plays 12 deep.

a lot of good team use a deep roster!

any player who will only come if they are promised a lot of playing time is good chance to be a diva and bad for the team

tired of promising weak players minutes.

just come and prove it!

Yikes. That makes for another below average shooting team and I think Red prefers to play 3 guards if he can.

I've said a bunch of times in this thread, my ideal portal 5 is a guy who is bulky, but can make a 3.

a lot of good players!

FSU plays 12 deep.

a lot of good team use a deep roster!

any player who will only come if they are promised a lot of playing time is good chance to be a diva and bad for the team

tired of promising weak players minutes.

just come and prove it!
I don’t think playing that many guys is good either. There’s a reason Hamilton has lost some games early in the tournament because he hasn’t played his best players enough.

I don’t think playing that many guys is good either. There’s a reason Hamilton has lost some games early in the tournament because he hasn’t played his best players enough.

Ideally, you play 10 guys or so during the early season, but cut it down by a guy when you get to conference play, and then probably by another guy once you get to the tournament. That way, you do have a couple guys on the bench who have played and have experience if you need them.

This is a weird thread.

We're speculating on guys that aren't in the portal, but we want to see portal in case they join up with us?

Why is that weird?

Don't we speculate on who new coaching hires might be, based on how they might fit, or what connections they may have?

More importantly, don't you think the coaches are drawing up a target list of who they might approach in the off season? I have to think they have their own "board" already.

Are they a better team when Watkins is not on the floor for 10-12 minutes? Hamilton is just helping the other team when he’s not on the floor.

The coin flips, hope for the best case scenario, keeps biting us, just get some ball players in here that you can pop into the lineup and have this team ready day 1 of the season.
Yeah, I wonder if that thought even crosses their mind? Hey Red, let's find some players we can just "pop into the lineup" and have this team ready day 1? Nah, let's just go with coin flip guys.

thats not the point

Syracuses best team have had very deep rosters

having a deep roster is an advantage...the coaches should try to buud a deep roster, period.

this idea that players wont come unless promised huge minutes is false

sets up this idea...that you can only get decent players if they are promised the farm...

which is just false.

This is a weird thread.

We're speculating on guys that aren't in the portal, but we want to see portal in case they join up with us?
i mean...we've reached that time of the year where the portal is the most enticing option for syracuse basketball success

even though it is too early to know who will be in there...its almost all we have at this point

thats not the point

Syracuses best team have had very deep rosters

having a deep roster is an advantage...the coaches should try to buud a deep roster, period.

this idea that players wont come unless promised huge minutes is false

sets up this idea...that you can only get decent players if they are promised the farm...

which is just false.
Having a deep untalented roster doesn’t seem like much of an advantage to me. But what the hell do I know

Did he suggest Freeman as a 3? I thought he said 3/4 (75%) of what DC was as a freshman. DC was a 4.
Thank you I wondered what he meant by Freeman as a 3, maybe if you had a young Rony at center, and a young DC at the 4

Yikes. That makes for another below average shooting team and I think Red prefers to play 3 guards if he can.

Not if the center can shoot the 3. That's the point. Freeman is probably going to be adequate 30%+. And then next year hopefully both our guards can make a three with some reliability.

Don’t think Freeman can play the 3 and I don’t see either losing minutes to anyone so this is the way to get them both on the court. Would prefer a Dalton Knecht type at the 3 than going out and getting a center. Shooting is a bigger need. Our defense is fine.

I don't think he's big enough to defend a 4. He has awfully skinny legs. But he's very bouncy, can score at all 3 levels. Not a dead-eye 3 point shooter, but he can make them. This condensed game is from last year at this time.

Having a deep untalented roster doesn’t seem like much of an advantage to me. But what the hell do I know
not that deep but talented is obviously better than deep but untalented

just pushing back on the idea that the only way to get anyone decent to come to the Cuse is if they are promised a ton of minutes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom