Positives | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Positives

I met cusetroop randomly on the concourse pregame, albeit quickly. That was a highlight.

Recognized his ugly mug from all his pictures, glad we won but man flying all that way to watch that game...

We're not playing Villanova next year.

wonder who the fcs team is next year and if we are playing them week 1 or 2(cmu is week 3 and lsu is week 4), colgate is the team in 2016

Anybody think those uniforms look good?

I'm really digging the orange chrome helmets.

Rather a ugly uniform and dominating performance... In 2 weeks I hope we put it together

LGO!

Rather a ugly uniform and dominating performance... In 2 weeks I hope we put it together

LGO!
You mean the Coppertone helmets? I hated them.

LGO!

Loved the Uniforms and helmets. Can't wait to see the all Whites hopefully with the Orange Helmets in 2 weeks at CMU.

anomander said:
Tackling was atrocious Broyld also dropped one that hit him right in the hands Special teams gave up a punt return The only positive I got out of last night was that we won, and the attendance was respectable.

You can be excited about Erv and the kicking game and be disappointed about the punt return at the same time.

You can look at Ashton's catches and say good job without dwelling on a drop.

Very black and white. Did you expect perfection or bust?

Hated them the first time, hated them more in person. didnt mind the helmets. I got txts all night while i was at the game from people who saw them for the first time on TV and thought they were awful. have not had one person like them that was not on this board. went to a fball scrimmage today, had half a dozen people who are more casual SU fans come up to talk about the game. first comment was always is SU going to win any more games. 2nd comment was the offense is awful. 3rd was the uniforms suck.

upperdeck said:
went to a fball scrimmage today, had half a dozen people who are more casual SU fans come up to talk about the game. first comment was always is SU going to win any more games. 2nd comment was the offense is awful. 3rd was the uniforms suck.
And people wonder why Marrone left.

upperdeck said:
Hated them the first time, hated them more in person. didnt mind the helmets. I got txts all night while i was at the game from people who saw them for the first time on TV and thought they were awful. have not had one person like them that was not on this board. went to a fball scrimmage today, had half a dozen people who are more casual SU fans come up to talk about the game. first comment was always is SU going to win any more games. 2nd comment was the offense is awful. 3rd was the uniforms suck.

I couldn't read the numbers in person and people I know who watched on TV couldn't read the numbers.

But I knew this would be an issue after seeing the unis when they were unveiled.

Nike fails again and SU fails by approving the uniforms.

Todd Gack said:
And people wonder why Marrone left.

He left because of ugly uniforms?

rrlbees said:
Because of a fan base that doesn't care enough to show up, but won't hesitate to bitch.

Yes. I've heard the story many times of a meeting with the AD where he kept screaming - Wrong Pantone number! Wrong Pantone number!

Todd Gack said:
Because of a fan base that doesn't care enough to show up, but won't hesitate to bitch.

They showed up Friday and every fan base bitches. It's how we show we care.

Also - last year when we destroyed Wagner and Tulane everyone said it meant nothing. This year we win by one and it's the end if the universe.

Wish we didn't have a bye. Gonna be a long two weeks around here.

In a positive way I really didn't feel we played any team ball the second half. Until the fake field goal in overtime.

Nova did alot of that the second half, with their quarterback getting runs by the rest of the offense/OL doing what they were supposed to, and using their quarterbacks run to find receivers. I think this was a huge factor in the game, and a big reason the crowd wasn't getting rowdy and our players weren't hyping the crowd.

The reason I see this as a positive is because I don't see this as something we need to improve on as much as something we will get comfortable doing with familiarity and leadership(like Crume on Defense). I think a big reason for Nova hanging around and almost winning was teamwork, leadership and unselfishness, and the gametape will reflect that to the team in practice. The team should feel fortunate the next week and a half.

Last edited:
I couldn't read the numbers in person and people I know who watched on TV couldn't read the numbers.

But I knew this would be an issue after seeing the unis when they were unveiled.

Nike fails again and SU fails by approving the uniforms.

This was easy to predict; orange on dark blue doesn't work, especially with that typeface.

Where are the fools who insisted that legibility wouldn't be a problem?

Wilson Wilson and more Wilson. Kid won the game for us.

Irving, Zaire, Thompson, West, Norton, Lack of turn overs and penalties.

Fan base

Students were fantastic!

Tackling was atrocious
Broyld also dropped one that hit him right in the hands
Special teams gave up a punt return

The only positive I got out of last night was that we won, and the attendance was respectable.
Although would add that norton looked confident.

Wilson Wilson and more Wilson. Kid won the game for us.

Irving, Zaire, Thompson, West, Norton, Lack of turn overs and penalties.

Fan base

Students were fantastic!

I wouldn't say that Wilson won the game for us. He managed the offense and didn't implode all while doing a respectable job. I'm glad that he got some experience. I'll feel better about having to use a back up later this year if needed. No turnovers was huge. Penalties weren't too much of an issue (sans Hunt of course). Offensive line should be better when healthy, but still should have physically dominated. I was impressed with the students. I'd love to see it continue. Really like Phillips on kick returns. Norton kicked well. I'm happy for the bye week so we can get Robinson and Palmer back. I hope the ACC makes whatever decision they plan on making sooner rather than later so everyone will know if Hunt will miss any more time.

Inagr
How can you people have watched the game and not say Erv Phillips. He looked like bigtime playmaker , the likes of which we haven't seen here in a long time.[/QUOT
How can you people have watched the game and not say Erv Phillips. He looked like bigtime playmaker , the likes of which we haven't seen here in a long time.

Couldn't agree more - Erv Phillips looks like an impact player. The kid was all over the field on ST both returning and making tackles. He's bigger than I though the was and kudos to the staff who obviously proved their talent evaluation skills again plucking an under recruited kid from CT

Students... That's one that not many have talked about. They filled all three of their sections... Even the far side of the band near the opposing teams section.

Hopefully the keep it up as I would say that was definitely a positive.

When I arrived at gate P, the students were lined up past Archibold to enter the dome.

kcsu said:
Wilson Wilson and more Wilson. Kid won the game for us. Irving, Zaire, Thompson, West, Norton, Lack of turn overs and penalties. Fan base Students were fantastic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom