Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

I don’t disagree. Joe to this point in his career was a better player than JJ and he was absolutely ripped here for his pg deficiencies. JJ has a better reputation for whatever reason here. Probably because of HS ranking.
Well Joe was ripped for his PG play because he PLAYED PG. JJ didn't this year.

If JJ plays PG next year, I would expect the same unless he improves his ball handling and court vision big time over the off season.

Again, this is all speculation. Maybe whomever we bring it will be playing PG full time.

Not great to hear were struggling to get a pg. I really wonder where our NIL allotment for the upcoming yr went, hope were not overpaying for players. If in fact we are struggling in getting higher end pg id rather have Westry run point then JJ

Well Joe was ripped for his PG play because he PLAYED PG. JJ didn't this year.

If JJ plays PG next year, I would expect the same unless he improves his ball handling and court vision big time over the off season.

Again, this is all speculation. Maybe whomever we bring it will be playing PG full time.
That’s basically what I was saying. It didn’t come out right. If we go that route we better pray Westry is healthy and good.

With regard to AW. He was planning to contribute $1M/year every year. He wasn't trying to be a savior, he wanted the collectives to do their thing and he would do his thing. He was and would be very careful to not get us into trouble. He hired a lawyer to make sure he didn't do anything wrong and we didn't get any NCAA violations. He's a Syracuse fan. He's been contacted by many other teams. He has/will help some with Syracuse ties but nobody that is in competition with Syracuse. I'm sure people will disagree with what I've just written, I'm ok with that. It won't make me dislike any of you.

Speaking of PG- assume Judah will be announcing something soon? Portal/Pro or both etc?

I think Red likes JJ too much to put him in a position to fail which is what starting him at PG would do.
Interesting take, and it sounds very reasonable.

Not great to hear were struggling to get a pg. I really wonder where our NIL allotment for the upcoming yr went, hope were not overpaying for players. If in fact we are struggling in getting higher end pg id rather have Westry run point then JJ
And that would require Westry to stay healthy for the next 12 months and I will believe that will happen when I see it.

Seriously, the knee jerk panic is a wee bit much. Most of these portal kids haven’t even found a home and plenty more will be coming between now and May 1st
Most of us know nothing of what is going on behind the scenes. It is great to hear from the insiders, but it is best when we know nothing until it is done or just about done. Otherwise, the vultures swoop in and cloud the negotiation.

Seriously, the knee jerk panic is a wee bit much. Most of these portal kids haven’t even found a home and plenty more will be coming between now and May 1st
There’s a list of players that was provided to syracuse.com. Lampkin was on it. A couple of the others mentioned here were too and scare me.

I get people’s worries to some extent but there’s so much time, many players who weren’t even thinking of portaling til yesterday, or tomorrow, etc. the dominos that will fall from this
-USC/ARKANSAS/MUSS/ENFIELD/WHEREVER THE REPLACEMENTS COME FROM-
Alone will be significant.

Who said we were struggling?

Thats fair, struggling might be a bit harsh of a word to use right now. I was basing my thoughts off of Dashers post #591 which suggested we may not be getting the guy we're coveting and may get someone who we might not be initially excited with who we get but they may be good value. I was speaking with the hope of getting a higher end pg from the portal, which from what I am reading might be too expensive. If that is the case and we get a middle range pg I would rather Westry be the one to share the time at the pg position as opposed to JJ.

the hope of getting a higher end pg from the portal, which from what I am reading might be too expensive.
maybe in the staff's view Mack isn't high-enough end for the $$ asking? maybe they have sights on equally/more high end at a better value? maybe said high-end pg is still playing, or hasn't yet hit the portal?

maybe in the staff's view Mack isn't high-enough end for the $$ asking? maybe they have sights on equally/more high end at a better value? maybe said high-end pg is still playing, or hasn't yet hit the portal?

Yep all those are possible. Im very much hoping its one of those scenarios tbh. If we lose Juda along with who we have already lost we'll really need to add some impact players. Any misses in the portal could really really hurt.

With regard to AW. He was planning to contribute $1M/year every year. He wasn't trying to be a savior, he wanted the collectives to do their thing and he would do his thing. He was and would be very careful to not get us into trouble. He hired a lawyer to make sure he didn't do anything wrong and we didn't get any NCAA violations. He's a Syracuse fan. He's been contacted by many other teams. He has/will help some with Syracuse ties but nobody that is in competition with Syracuse. I'm sure people will disagree with what I've just written, I'm ok with that. It won't make me dislike any of you.
Why do people keep bringing him up? No one asked about him at all.