Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

Think it's time to accept a new ceiling for this year (bubble tops, imo) and root for Carlos to use his big chance at a P5 school to get a team to the tourney. I'm not expecting a starting PG based on what else is out there and what we've done so far.

Don't feel good about it. At all. But not much we can do but hope the guys on the team use the chip on their shoulder to get some Ws this year.

Think it's time to accept a new ceiling for this year (bubble tops, imo) and root for Carlos to use his big chance at a P5 school to get a team to the tourney. I'm not expecting a starting PG based on what else is out there and what we've done so far.

Don't feel good about it. At all. But not much we can do but hope the guys on the team use the chip on their shoulder to get some Ws this year.

Hope for the best, expect the bubble (at best, as you noted).

We're in a rough spot for sure.

Okay, take this for what it's worth but I know that our coaches love and really believe in Carlos. That doesn't mean we are out for Kadary, just that if it is Carlos, they aren't blue about it. They also love the kids they brought in. They love basketball. They want to play team basketball.

Okay, take this for what it's worth but I know that our coaches love and really believe in Carlos. That doesn't mean we are out for Kadary, just that if it is Carlos, they aren't blue about it. They also love the kids they brought in. They love basketball. They want to play team basketball.
Dash, I hope you're sitting down. We are out for Kadary.

Sure. And I'm rooting for these guys especially Carlos. I also understand as we saw with the 21-22 team, effort can only take you so far. Talent does matter at this level. But I do think Red and the new guys deserves a shot without being sh11t on all offseason for not being who we wanted.

Sure. And I'm rooting for these guys especially Carlos. I also understand as we saw with the 21-22 team, effort can only take you so far. Talent does matter at this level. But I do think Red and the new guys deserves a shot without being sh11t on all offseason for not being who we wanted.
We didn't have the effort. That was my point. We also had out and out holes all over the court. We still have some holes. But they did address a few of them.

I don't have to sit down. There is a reason I posted what I posted.
It was a joke because I thought you hadn't seen Kadary's commitment yet.

Well maybe there a Chance that this team will be better than expected.
1715107755777.jpeg

“True happiness is the ability to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.” – Seneca

Let’s wait and see how it all unfolds before getting worked up over our perceptions.

“True happiness is the ability to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.” – Seneca

Let’s wait and see how it all unfolds before getting worked up over our perceptions.
I have seen this dog and pony show before. Hope I'm wrong.

Need about 3-5 things to happen in the positive direction that are about 50-50 in order for us to be a sure fire NCAA Tournament team.

I don't have to sit down. There is a reason I posted what I posted.
Are you saying we are still working on getting Kadary to visit and flip his commitment??

One thing that always amazes me about free agency in the pros is this.

I'm a pretty big baseball fan, and still, every single season my team seems to sign some player that I have either never heard of or know little about... This is true in spite of the comparatively few Major League teams.

Now, consider the fact that there are about 2000 players entering the portal, from hundreds of teams that I never heard of.

Red is looking for a needle in a haystack, the size of which we've never had to deal with as fans before.

None of us heard of Leffew a month ago, and we were disappointed when he didn't come here. Richmond was an afterthought 5 days ago, until he wasn't... Now there will be some other target, maybe one who we find out about through committing to the team. None of our transfers had much hype leading up to their commitment.

We have little idea what is happening.

For the record, I was having a hard time getting excited about Richmond. I think this specific team needs a guy who can hit the three with consistency, and Kadary Richmond was not that guy.

None of our transfers had much hype leading up to their commitment.
This isn't a good thing. I'm not saying we can't find a Maliq type diamond in the rough.

But there's a reason we beat out DePaul for Judah and not Duke.

FWIW, Carlos' other schools interested per his own word were Rhode Island, Georgia Tech, LMU, Cal, Virginia Tech, VCU, Temple, Boston College. The odds he turns out to be some world beater are slim.

Are you saying we are still working on getting Kadary to visit and flip his commitment??
No. I am not saying that. As a matter of fact, I have no idea, and I didn't at the time, know what that guy was talking about a big visit at the end of the week. I know it wasn't about Kadary. It must be football.

This isn't a good thing. I'm not saying we can't find a Maliq type diamond in the rough.

But there's a reason we beat out DePaul for Judah and not Duke.

FWIW, Carlos' other schools interested per his own word were Rhode Island, Georgia Tech, LMU, Cal, Virginia Tech, VCU, Temple, Boston College. The odds he turns out to be some world beater are slim.
He doesn't have to be a world beater. Just a solid piece that answers questions for us. If he hits 35% from 3 and 90% from the line while getting the ball to the right people at the right time, is that not good enough?

He doesn't have to be a world beater. Just a solid piece that answers questions for us. If he hits 35% from 3 and 90% from the line while getting the ball to the right people at the right time, is that not good enough?
It depends how much JJ improves. This year he was a below average 2 guard.

He averaged 1 3 made and 2 FTs made a game last year.

No, it's not good enough for a serious tourney team. It's fine for where I expect we will be.