Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

We have to hire alumni by the Syracuse standard way of doing things. Even the fans automatically think of former players who would be a good fit. Instead we shouldn’t be lazy and look for the best coach possible across the country.
I wanted Kadary back, he'd be a good fit on any basketball team

Do you think this is an indication that they are confident Westry can play 20mpg at the 1?

I do like Carlos, but I’m a little concerned if we are expecting him to play 30+mpg at the 1 in the ACC when our only other PG is a 6’6 SF who didn’t play at all last year.

Maybe JJ shows more combo guard ability? Maybe Westry is the real deal? Maybe a little bit of both?
Ive thought the injury concerns with westry seemed overstated since they are unrelated but recent griffin interview did not sound great re westry. Said he's battling it mentally. Long time to November but not what I would have expected to hear.

aka the Dino Babers method.
Gave you a like just for the brutality. Griff did say just 2 days ago that they're still in the film room 24/7. Doubt that's for 2026 guys. They're looking for that diamond in the rough perfect fit. I doubt the fanbase and especially this message board will like anyone they find because they'll be an unknown and won't have the exciting hype or stats.

A few people indicated they knew what Miami is giving to Jalil Bethea -- anyone care to post it here? He would have made a huge difference with this group.

Gave you a like just for the brutality. Griff did say just 2 days ago that they're still in the film room 24/7. Doubt that's for 2026 guys. They're looking for that diamond in the rough perfect fit. I doubt the fanbase and especially this message board will like anyone they find because they'll be an unknown and won't have the exciting hype or stats.
Love that approach. Imho, Coach Autry and his staff have done an excellent job so far putting a carefully constructed team together. But they still really need to add more perimeter shooting. Bell can't be the only sniper on the team next year and Choppa will be a frosh, who may or may not be ready to contribute right away. So I say just add the best shooter(s) you can find regardless of hype or school pedigree.

I think a taller combo/point guard - which they've been unsuccessfully targeting so far - who can shoot at least 35% from 3, handle, pass & defend well enough to give solid minutes at the point as either the starter over Carlos or his back-up would fit the bill. Another wing who can shoot from deep at a high clip would also help - again, regardless of hype or school pedigree. Just find some mature, hungry hoopers ready play on a bigger stage.

There are entirely too many players in the portal for me to believe they can't uncover a gem somewhere who fits their needs. This is still Syracuse after all, who's most famous recent b-ball alum is all over the TV these days as a pitchman in demand. And as the football program has proven, the Syracuse brand is still strong enough to attract talent.

I hope Red discovers his low-key gem.

I think people are reading way too deep into his comments and will be disappointed because of it.
I agree but there also has to be some awareness on Griff's end, reinforcing the statement twice in the midst of a contentious period of recruiting, especially surrounding the Kadary saga.

We know people run with things on social, choose statements carefully

I think people are reading way too deep into his comments and will be disappointed because of it.
How should one interpret "Get your popcorn ready"?

It's not a very deep comment. The general meaning is something is going to happen and you will want to watch.

Ok...so we're watching and waiting...if nothing happens, that's on him, not us.

Out of the bunch we currently have, Q would have started at PG.

Hide Hiding GIF