Postgame Thoughts… Indiana | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Indiana

I had to watch the replay on demand after the wife and kids went to bed. Noticed the full run time was 2 hours, 14 minutes and didn’t think much of it.

Obviously I was stoked after the first half. When the second half started at the 46-minute mark, it dawned on me what was about to happen.

I’m not saying what I endured was more painful than what everyone went through while watching it live. It was just a different kind of pain.

Moral of the story: I might need to put some tape over the bottom right corner of my TV.

I had to watch the replay on demand after the wife and kids went to bed. Noticed the full run time was 2 hours, 14 minutes and didn’t think much of it.

Obviously I was stoked after the first half. When the second half started at the 46-minute mark, it dawned on me what was about to happen.

I’m not saying what I endured was more painful than what everyone went through while watching it live. It was just a different kind of pain.

Moral of the story: I might need to put some tape over the bottom right corner of my TV.
nice

My DVR only got the actual regulation time. Well most of it anyway. I knew what happened, but had no way to watch the end or the OTs.

I mean this occurred to me last night, too, but is now just REALLY occurring to me: losing this game after being up 18 and with the scenario we find ourselves record/schedule wise - would have been an absolute disaster, and we were like a microscopic hair away from that happening

My DVR only got the actual regulation time. Well most of it anyway. I knew what happened, but had no way to watch the end or the OTs.
There should be a way to extend the recording time to avoid that from happening. I used to do that when I had a DVR and the only game I didn’t record long enough was the 6-OT. (Luckily, I was tipped off and made it home to see almost all of the overtimes live.)

I mean this occurred to me last night, too, but is now just REALLY occurring to me: losing this game after being up 18 and with the scenario we find ourselves record/schedule wise - would have been an absolute disaster, and we were like a microscopic hair away from that happening
I thought Indiana would make a run, so I wasn't totally shocked to start the 2nd half. But when we built the lead back up to 81-72, I really didn't expect to blow that lead and was pretty frustrated and stunned at what I was seeing.

The same thing happened to me. My frist thought was, it must have gone into overtime, but then I thought, no there's actually way more time added than you would need to cover an overtime, maybe it just recorded some of the next game in the challenge.

So the fact that it went into double overtime kept me guessing until Indiana had the ball with a few seconds left down 3. Then I was like okay it has to be overtime and probably double overtime.

But they just beat a decent team with an absolute beast without coming close to firing on all cylinders, so there goes your theory.
For sure,, and Besides Paolo what bigs will we see for the remaining schedule who are that polished and athletic? Maybe 1? imo if Jesse can just work on staying straight up without jumping and just stay on the floor a bit longer we should be set inside defensively. Maybe not elite but good enough. Anything Frankie gives us is even better.

There should be a way to extend the recording time to avoid that from happening. I used to do that when I had a DVR and the only game I didn’t record long enough was the 6-OT. (Luckily, I was tipped off and made it home to see almost all of the overtimes live.)
Yeah, it usually does. No idea why it didn't extend on its own.

Looking at the box score, I see some interesting things. Real examples of "feast or famine".

• We were out-rebounded 47-30. That's Minus 17 possessions.
  • On the other hand, we got a lot of those possessions back with other aspects of our defense - we had 18 steals to their 6, plus 4 blocks to 0. That's 22 to 6 - Plus 16 possessions, offsetting their huge advantage on the boards.
  • They passed the ball better than us - 26 assists to 16. They outshot us by a little, but not a lot.
  • They might have played a couple guys more than us, but neither team got much from its bench.
  • Pretty equal in fouls; pretty equal in free throws.
All of those add up to your classic nail-biter - even though we might have absolutely sucked at some things, we somehow made up for it with other types of plays - and in nail biters, JB usually wins.

This one is his, as much as Frank's or Jimmy's. Very happy for a significant win.
the rebounding suuuckked.

as good as jesse was...it was glaringly bad how he and the other frontline players were at going after rebounds...its like their feet are in quicksand or something.

For sure,, and Besides Paolo what bigs will we see for the remaining schedule who are that polished and athletic? Maybe 1? imo if Jesse can just work on staying straight up without jumping and just stay on the floor a bit longer we should be set inside defensively. Maybe not elite but good enough. Anything Frankie gives us is even better.

Jesse played 39 minutes last nite.

That's hardly not "being able to stay on the floor".

He missed the final minute of regulation, which shouldn't have mattered if we didn't pooch the ending so badly.

And Frankie Say Relax! during the OT's, so we managed to pull it out, in spite of Jesse cheerleading for the final 11 minutes.

When was the last time a C played 39 minutes for us??

Why didn’t the Hall of Fame coach tell him that before he shot free throws. If you make the first missed the second instead he yelled it after we made the first from the sidelines apparently Joe did not hear
Never tell a shooter to miss, until it’s time

Got to flip him and Anselem in the rotation.

Frank should be playing when Edwards is on the floor on the wing.

Edwards is great but hopefully not so good that he leaves early there won't be many center minutes available if hes not in foul trouble.
I would try Jesse at the 4

Looking at the box score, I see some interesting things. Real examples of "feast or famine".

• We were out-rebounded 47-30. That's Minus 17 possessions.
  • On the other hand, we got a lot of those possessions back with other aspects of our defense - we had 18 steals to their 6, plus 4 blocks to 0. That's 22 to 6 - Plus 16 possessions, offsetting their huge advantage on the boards.
  • They passed the ball better than us - 26 assists to 16. They outshot us by a little, but not a lot.
  • They might have played a couple guys more than us, but neither team got much from its bench.
  • Pretty equal in fouls; pretty equal in free throws.
All of those add up to your classic nail-biter - even though we might have absolutely sucked at some things, we somehow made up for it with other types of plays - and in nail biters, JB usually wins.

This one is his, as much as Frank's or Jimmy's. Very happy for a significant win.
Their 25 TO negate an opportunity for us to rebound, as you pointed out

That occurred to me about 10 times last night and it was bum city.

Screenshot_20211205-090644_Brave.jpg
Jesse played 39 minutes last nite.

That's hardly not "being able to stay on the floor".

He missed the final minute of regulation, which shouldn't have mattered if we didn't pooch the ending so badly.

And Frankie Say Relax! during the OT's, so we managed to pull it out, in spite of Jesse cheerleading for the final 11 minutes.

When was the last time a C played 39 minutes for us??
Marek last year. Even if he's not a true C!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom