Postgame Thoughts… Virginia | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Virginia

Yup, nobody even talks about us anymore like “what’s wrong with Syracuse?!!” That was 5+ years ago.

Now it’s just like we’re not even thought of.
Really sucks. Zero reason for it to haven gotten this bad. Wildhack is too emotionally vested in JB to do what should have already been done. Tough to show him the door, I get it. But as stated, we are meaningless in college hoops.

Is there a bigger mismatch in sports than JB vs Bennett? The annual losses are embarrassing at this point, yet we do the same freaking thing year after year and hope something will change. I’ve followed Syracuse basketball since I’ve been old enough to follow anything l and as others have mentioned, HCJB and hoops help me mark the passing of the seasons. Having said all that, I can’t wait for the day when we try something different against Virginia/

You liked browns play? He rebounded but he was bodied up several times down low and missed quite a few layups. He wasn’t awful but I don’t think this was his best game
10 points, 8 rebounds. Great hustle. He has been on the team for 16 games and did not play in some of them, token minutes in others. He probably won't be a great player but I think he will be a solid contributor. I have doubts about some other others on the team.

Watching UVA makes me think we have a shot at Bennett.

Fantastic coach who hit a few incredible recruits and was able to build around them and dominate the ACC for a while. His current team doesn’t have that. It’s still UVA

We can pay him more. The NIL could be real here, especially compared to UVA.

Why not?

Fantastic coach who hit a few incredible recruits and was able to build around them and dominate the ACC for a while. His current team doesn’t have that. It’s still UVA

Why not?
I said I wanted Bennett as our next coach 5 years ago, but people would rather lose fast than win slow.

It depends how you press. If you press when you’re not down 15, you can adjust your press to not give up easy points, but still change the opponents rhythm.
Good point.

JB has never really pressed to control tempo. We've pretty much only ever see the 1-2-1-1 kamikaze style, and mostly only when behind by a lot. JB will occasionally man press to attempt to deny entry pass, and then quickly drop out if they don't get the steal or immediate trap.

IMO, the 2-2-1 3/4 court press is the PERFECT compliment to the 2-3.

Yup, nobody even talks about us anymore like “what’s wrong with Syracuse?!!” That was 5+ years ago.

Now it’s just like we’re not even thought of.
Yep, I felt after the 2019 tournament loss to Baylor staff changes needed to be made and things became stale. No changes made and here we are. Not surprised. I had no expectation of winning today. If they did then I would say maybe we have something here.

I said I wanted Bennett as our next coach 5 years ago, but people would rather lose fast than win slow.
He’s the one big time guy we can convince I bet .

I get being angry at a portion of the fan base, but any and all blame is at the university.
If it’s the universities decision then they don’t care about their fans. I don’t think it’s the universities decision.

He’s the one big time guy we can convince I bet .
He will not leave Virginia to live in Syracuse. Beck might be the only person to convince him to leave Charlotte. Money will not be the reason. He already makes way more than JB.

Why not?
They’d be dumb not to match it; that said, he’s an excellent coach, I’m sure he’s had a chance to jump ship somewhere and has declined.

Realistically, next coach will probably be someone from a lower league, Mac, patriot, colonial, etc maybe big east or American if we are lucky
Nah, it’ll be someone from the bench. We can pretend they’re not going to do it but there’s been zero indication either way so I’ll side with the old plan

Good point.

JB has never really pressed to control tempo. We've pretty much only ever see the 1-2-1-1 kamikaze style, and mostly only when behind by a lot. JB will occasionally man press to attempt to deny entry pass, and then quickly drop out if they don't get the steal or immediate trap.

IMO, the 2-2-1 3/4 court press is the PERFECT compliment to the 2-3.
And you know who runs that 3/4 court press, right?

Why not?
Why would he leave UVA for SU. Better school. Better program. Better weather. And why would you think their donors would contribute less than our donors? They are a southern school that takes sports seriously and they have big $$$ alumni.

Why would he leave UVA for SU. Better school. Better program. Better weather. And why would you think their donors would contribute less than our donors? They are a southern school that takes sports seriously and they have big $$$ alumni.
Is it more difficult to get kids into uva?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom