Postgame Thoughts... UNC | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... UNC

I respect that some of you are taking this L so hard. I’m glad folks can still get optimistic about this program.

I’m not there. I figured we’d likely lose. And regardless, I’ve had zero hope of being a tourney team almost all season.

So I mean it, good for you for caring enough to be disappointed and frustrated. I’m a hardened, cynical, defeatist at this point.

I respect that some of you are taking this L so hard. I’m glad folks can still get optimistic about this program.

I’m not there. I figured we’d likely lose. And regardless, I’ve had zero hope of being a tourney team almost all season.

So I mean it, good for you for caring enough to be disappointed and frustrated. I’m a hardened, cynical, defeatist at this point.
Up 2 with the ball with under a minute left.

Get a rebound on a FT and we probably win.

What happened from there and the rest of the way was just nuts. Couldn’t draw that up in a nightmare.

There were parts of that game that made me feel like I was watching pre 2014 Syracuse.

I hate feeling feelings…

If darth Vader could come back from the dark side you can too!

Ya. Before the game, I said house money and play loose. Not expected to win.

But it hurts to lose like that. It hurts to start in a hole… again.

Just need to keep reminding myself that my expectation at the start of the year was a bubble team on the wrong side of the bubble.

Not sure if we’ll even get there, but I’ll take the moments that are good along the way I guess.

Yeah as has been mentioned the harder part is also that we can't count on really anyone for next year. So it magnifies every year the program fails to win big games, establish being a top 25 team and compete for conference titles and seeding in the tournament vs just making it.

When you don't you effectively may have to hit the reset button... again and again.

He crossed to his left raising his arms across his face, making definite contact. If he’d continued with his right , I would hope (but no guarantee with these refs) that he’d have gotten a blocking call against the defender.
I agree, I saw him have a step to the right and had no clue why he slowed down to allow Davis to recover.

i was like you most of the year, very little hope of making the tournament. but i was “all in” for the miami game and tonite cuz theyre a young team improving and if they could get a couple big time wins theyd be in the bubble conversation.

and of course they lose both games in kick you in the nuts fashion. im gonna try to go back to not caring. at least until the acc tourny.

We haven’t won a game that mattered since the 2021 tournament. Not one big win last year and I’m now convinced we won’t have one this year either.
I’ve obviously been beating the quality win stuff to death. What was our last quality win?

We haven’t won a game that mattered since the 2021 tournament. Not one big win last year and I’m now convinced we won’t have won this year either.
The worst part of being bad is not getting to feel the anxiety of the tournament. My favorite part of being a sports fan.

I thought Brown rebounded nice in the second half. Seemed in the first half he wasn't ready for the physicality but had a nice bounce back half.

Benny had flashes seemed to respond well to physical play. Made a mental mistake on the shot clock.

Bell played his best game of the season...

Forwards played well today

There’s so much to say, I’m at a loss. I’ve seen us win so many games over the years, many that we probably shouldn’t have won, so I guess I’m spoiled. We’re all spoiled.

I’m kind of numb because I don’t even feel like reading game analysis. Here’s why…and this is the most disturbing thing to me, has been for a long time…at no point in that game did I think we were going to win. Never. Not even up 2 with the ball. It really, really saddens me.

Why did I feel that way? Look at the result. Slice it and dice it any way you want. Blane the refs, don’t blame the refs. Blame Judah, don’t blame Judah. We were never going to win that game and we didn’t. So sad.

And, while I enjoyed watching it, I didn’t enjoy it as much as I should have because the outcome was always obvious. It really sucks.

The reporter said something like "This is the second game in a week you've lost by 4 pts, is there a reason you can't close out games?" Just an ahole of a question honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom