Postgame Thoughts... UNC | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... UNC

College refs ALWAYS call the contact on the drive a charge. It never is called a charge in the NBA. Same BS for the last 30 years.

The funny thing is that Carolina could not keep Judah out of the lane. When was the last t8me we could say that about our backcourt?
Well I would add….and actually finish

Judah is your middle innings guy. He takes a bit to get going and often gives you a lot 5 mins in up to 3 or 4 mins left. At that point the pressure needs to be on your upperclassmen with Judsh playing a role but not being forced to close every game.

"Middle Innings Guy" - nice description. It's like he takes over the lead on the 2nd unit offense when Joe sits down. That's often the point he gets going in games.

But you're right; he's not a closer. He doesn't value the ball enough yet, and he over-estimates his abilities. He doesn't seem to realize how good defenders are in college.

Saw one on Cooney against Dayton in the NCAA’s if my mind is even working. He swung his arm while even standing still and glanced a player in the face well away from the basket while on offense.
But if I understand you that was not on a drive to the basket in the open floor. Mintz had to do something with his arms when he went up for the shot. There was nothing unusual about his move. He went up for the shot and raised his arms while doing so.

They all looked like they had about 2/3 of a functioning brain. Every Heel fan there just looked dumb.
Because they don’t even go to cheer for “their team” they just go to piss off Syracuse fans. It’s loser behavior just like anyone else who is a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.

But I’m sure being a virgin is hard so I get it

The funny thing is that Carolina could not keep Judah out of the lane. When was the last t8me we could say that about our backcourt?
Judah was definitely faster and beating his defender to the spot, he kept getting blocked all game including that last play but deciding to cross his arm across his face on the drive was the issue and thus the flagrant foul - should not have been called a common foul on Mintz though.

I didn’t leave my seat once. I don’t get why that is hard? Unless you’ve got kids(which hardly anyone did), where are you going? Just go to the bar if you’ve got to go slug down beers every 15 minutes.
Yup. It’s not like football where there are so many commercial breaks and constant downtime. There’s action all the damn time.

Get used to it. He's not going to get any calls until he learns to control his body
Had nothing to do with that one.

UNC player slid in late. Exactly what they were supposedly trying to put a stop to.

Theres no question were a tournament caliber team. 7-10 seeds have gone to the final four. Wish the refs would put in a good word for another 32 teams in the tournament. That would be the best call they could make.

It's tough having 5-7 of these tournament game losses in jan-march. Then thinking is this our last chance to make the tournament after each one. Meanwhile, you got midmajors with 6 5th year players. Sucks like a mesquito.

I looked like Hima might have been able to grab the save by Girard. He seems unaware of what is happening when a teammate tries to save a ball.

He seems unaware in general

Tough loss... I thought we had it until we didn't at the very end. Had a lot of fun watching this one. On to VT.

Last edited:
Before we heap too much praise on Bell, Edwards fouled out because Bell's man ran right passed him to the basket and Bacot passed him the ball and Edwards had to foul him. Terrible defense.

Yes, he made mistakes, but Bell was a factor in the game beyond just making shots. He got in the lane, he moved the ball when within the offense, he helped with the press, he made a pretty good defensive effort, I thought, tipping some balls and getting some rebounds (or at least it seemed like he got a handful ...).

He seems unaware in general
He has far cleared my very low expectations for him this season but playing UNC in front of 25k miiiight have been a little too much for the kid that rode the bench for the worst team in the A10 this season.

Theres no question were a tournament caliber team. 7-10 seeds have gone to the final four. Wish the refs would put in a good word for another 32 teams in the tournament. That would be the best call they could make.

It's tough having 5-7 of these tournament game losses in jan-march. Then thinking is this our last chance to make the tournament after each one. Meanwhile, you got midmajors with 6 5th year players. Sucks like a mesquito.

Tournament caliber teams start and finish games a lot better. We seem to play a 30 minute game. The rest is a mess. This is an NIT level team and program for the time being. In addition, the defense continues to be poor except for limited stretches.

This one really stings. Truly just deflating.

Ya. Before the game, I said house money and play loose. Not expected to win.

But it hurts to lose like that. It hurts to start in a hole… again.

Just need to keep reminding myself that my expectation at the start of the year was a bubble team on the wrong side of the bubble.

Not sure if we’ll even get there, but I’ll take the moments that are good along the way I guess.

But if I understand you that was not on a drive to the basket in the open floor. Mintz had to do something with his arms when he went up for the shot. There was nothing unusual about his move. He went up for the shot and raised his arms while doing so.
He crossed to his left raising his arms across his face, making definite contact. If he’d continued with his right , I would hope (but no guarantee with these refs) that he’d have gotten a blocking call against the defender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom