Postgame Virginia Thoughts… | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Virginia Thoughts…

Virginia made the extra pass and knocked down tough shots like they were free throws. Felt like it was no big deal they went in. thats true ice water. whoever said they are not good offensively is wrong. We were picked to be that level of efficiency preseason.

We are what we see--a .500 team at best, middle of the pack at best acc team, forget the ncaas, not happening this year. Only goal at this point is to have more wins than loses at the end of the year. It is what it is. Hopefully JB's last year. Sometimes you just stay too long at a job. Our players, in general, are not iso players yet are being forced to play iso ball. Lack of offensive motion and defensive intensity are maddening. As a get older, luckily I don't care as much.
If they somehow enter ACCT at .500 best option Is fake Covid case to keep record at .500

Virginia made the extra pass and knocked down tough shots like they were free throws. Felt like it was no big deal they went in. thats true ice water. whoever said they are not good offensively is wrong.
They have a hard time creating offense against man to man. Tonight they just had to pass, catch and shoot. Very little stress on their ball handling.

Not saying it will happen, but it would be ironic if this team was the one to break the streak of .500 or better.

Not saying it will happen, but it would be ironic if this team was the one to break the streak of .500 or better.
Yes, but the disappointing thing about it would be that it never had to happen.

But Joe would never accept being the 6th or 7th man I don’t think.
Here's what's going to happen.

Joe's a townie. He's playing two more seasons.

We have no scoring next season, outside of Edwards, but he's dependent on someone getting him the ball for the most part.

Joe's going to average 20+ next season because there's legitimately nobody else that will get shots.

We're going to be really bad, but Joe is going to score.

And in that bonus year, he's going to have his sights set on Lawrence Moten.

Just wait.

The "very best person," based on no minimum threshold for qualifications, logic, theory or empirical evidence! What could possibly go wrong???

I'm thankful that our AD isn't as deluded as a portion of our fan base is about what it's going to take to turn this rudderless, moribund program around.

It's been an incredible run, with sustained excellence, and a decline at the end. Time for a change.
Each year that goes by , it gets exponentially more difficult to turn ye old titanic around

We have no killers on this team!
Nobody is hungry.
When was the last time you saw guys diving on the floor for the ball. Not falling to the floor but diving
There is absolutely NO SWAG
Restricted emotion.

Next time I’ll tell you how I really feel

A telling comment from the announcing crew was “you forget that Swider is six foot nine”. Yes, yes you do forget that.
Just like Edwards seems 7’1 to me , Swider seems 6’6 tops

Each year that goes by , it gets exponentially more difficult to turn ye old titanic around
So we shouldn't bother to try?

No offense, but that's a defeatist perspective. The foundational elements are in place for this program to be extremely successful. Great facilities, tradition, ACC, top five all-time winds, the largest college basketball facility for basketball in the nation. All it takes is a coach who can turn recruiting around and is more in tune with the way that modern college basketball was played.

Which is why due diligence is required.

So we shouldn't bother to try?

No offense, but that's a defeatist perspective. The foundational elements are in place for this program to be extremely successful. Great facilities, tradition, ACC, top five all-time winds, the largest college basketball facility for basketball in the nation. All it takes is a coach who can turn recruiting around and is more in tune with the way that modern college basketball was played.

Which is why due diligence is required.
I don’t think you are understanding my point . I’m agreeing with you except I think the changes should have occurred years ago and each year that goes by makes it much harder to be pointed in the right direction

I don’t think you are understanding my point . I’m agreeing with you except I think the changes should have occurred years ago and each year that goes by makes it much harder to be pointed in the right direction
Okay, then my bad for responding in a pointed manner. Didn't pick up on the sarcasm.

One time just once I would love hear JB say “you know what I didn’t put them in position to win”. He’s always the smartest guy in the room and no accountability ever. I drink the kool aid every preseason BC of what I hear and see and I had high hopes for this team. But good lord how about an offense? How about ball movement ? The system doesn’t work and you can’t be this stubborn that you refuse to change. This team could have possibly matched up with them man to man. Colgate too. Some of the other teams but nope let’s have everyone get wide open looks and pray that miss and that equates to good defense.

Long story short, it’s just not fun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom