potential new centers | Syracusefan.com

potential new centers

stuckinbig11

All American
Numerous posts describe potential new centers being targeted in the portal by SU with stats that do not match Jesse's. Please explain to me why we don't try harder to pursue that guy with the better stats--no matter the NIL costs. Alternatively, are we looking for the bargain basement brand?

Numerous posts describe potential new centers being targeted in the portal by SU with stats that do not match Jesse's. Please explain to me why we don't try harder to pursue that guy with the better stats--no matter the NIL costs. Alternatively, are we looking for the bargain basement brand?

Correct. HD’s stats are actually quite a bit better than Jesse’s.

With Jesse as the starter stats included how many postseason games did we play in. He was good, but let’s not act like he was better than the guy at Rutgers or Penn State.

It appears that SU is targeting transfer seniors so they don't lose out on HS juniors that they are recruiting right now. They seem to be reaching out to players as good as Jesse or at least who will be serviceable for one season and most likely an improvement on Hima and Patterson who is arriving next season. I'm assuming they're targeting these guys because who we don't have enough in house options.

A lot easier said than done. Tough to sell a kid like Dickinson with what our roster is looking like next year, regardless of how much money we offer. That roster, with Mintz not returnint, is a bottom 2-3 ACC roster

Obviously Dickinson is the prize but i really like the kid from North Texas

With Mintz and Dickinson, it’s a contender in the ACC.
Sure but Dickinson wont make his choice hoping that Mintz comes back. That would be literally the dumbest career move ever

a Center who can hit a jump shot and maybe even a 3 (a la Dickinson) would do wonders for this team...you have a bunch of slashers and dishers that are going to need some space to operate near the hoop...if a center could bring his man out of the paint on defense...would be very dangerous.

that said, defense and rebounding are going to be huge from the C spot as well...especailly rebounding as the returning forwards are not strong there (barring huge improvements there)

so what is the ideal profile:

jump shot out to 3
strong rebounding

plusses - strong dunker and finisher around the rim
plusses - strong man defender/shot blocker etc (rim protector)

for me the jump shot and rebounding are the essentials

rim protection can be handled by the backups when necessary
and a strong rebounder is likely going to be a decent defender as well.

not sure who if anyone in the portal fits that description - but that's who i'd target

I don’t think you know what the word literally means

In Merriam-Webster they now define literally to include “in effect: virtually - used in an exaggerated way to emphasize a statement or description that is not literally true or possible”

a Center who can hit a jump shot and maybe even a 3 (a la Dickinson) would do wonders for this team...you have a bunch of slashers and dishers that are going to need some space to operate near the hoop...if a center could bring his man out of the paint on defense...would be very dangerous.

that said, defense and rebounding are going to be huge from the C spot as well...especailly rebounding as the returning forwards are not strong there (barring huge improvements there)

so what is the ideal profile:

jump shot out to 3
strong rebounding

plusses - strong dunker and finisher around the rim
plusses - strong man defender/shot blocker etc (rim protector)

for me the jump shot and rebounding are the essentials

rim protection can be handled by the backups when necessary
and a strong rebounder is likely going to be a decent defender as well.

not sure who if anyone in the portal fits that description - but that's who i'd target

So you want Sonogo

In Merriam-Webster they now define literally to include “in effect: virtually - used in an exaggerated way to emphasize a statement or description that is not literally true or possible”
Unfortunate that we are a species that allows the herd stupidity of our dumbest individuals to make a word literally mean the opposite of its actual definition. It's no wonder the aliens have chosen to merely stand back and observe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom