Prediction on staff and players | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Prediction on staff and players

I've spent a good deal of time with Baye MK. I think he would make a great coach, knows SU, knows the system, knows the game.

Benny actually left the program when he missed the Virginia game. Red went and talked him into coming back. It was not a personal day.
heard this also

Look at the box scores benny did the same crap last season. Didn't do crap during the actual season.

Tried to weasel my way into the pay board with the inside scoop on Jim’s retirement back in January, but they told me they’ve known all about it since 2018. Was told to “kick rocks”
I knew since his retirement speech on Saturday. William whatever wasn’t the only one. I figured 95% of the fanbase knew that as well.

First lead bench coach I call = Hop
After Hop conversation I try to fill one spot with a coach with HC experience or P5 level assistant - Second spot is to the best recruiter I can buy

(Coaching assumes GMac is gone)

First player I meet with = Mintz
Second player I meet with = Edwards

I have to plan my offseason around those 2 players. If anyone of those two leave they need to be replaced ASAP in the portal by ACC quality talent. Odds are not all 4 forwards will leave so I think we good there. Or at least the priority is a little lower.

Third player = Re-confirm our 2024 recruit

Then start recruiting portal players and any high school seniors committed or not that you feel you have a great relationship with. We need a high level two way player at the 2 guard and then any replacements for players that leave.

Staff:
I think Autry retains both Gmac and Griff. But he goes outside the family for an ace recruiter which is needed. I think Griff has done really well with coaching the bigs and does not get enough credit. I think Autry is going to bring a sense of swag back to Cuse.

Recruiting/portal:
Expect a big uptick here. I expect Autry to hit NYC and the Philly area hard to bring that type of player back to Cuse. I’ve been critical of the staff the past few years of how down the recruiting has been. But it’s tough to recruit for 5+ years a lame duck coach in his 70s that people can recruit against and say it’s his last year. Not to mention JB didn’t recruit the at all the last few seasons. Autry will be a lot more active on the trail personally. I also think Griff and Autry are good recruiters, not great but good. I also think Gmac will have an easier time recruiter for Red than Gmac. I think Red will be a lot more active in the portal too

Team:
I think Edwards, Girard and Torrence are gone. I think JBA and Bell transfer. I think Autry is able to get Mintz back. Benny has a GREAT relationship with Red so I actually think he sticks around.

So as of now you’d have:
Mintz
Taylor
Brown
Benny
Hima

Copeland
Carey
Patterson

Expect Autry to go hard in the portal and I wouldn’t be shocked if he brings in another high school recruit or 2 late as well. I think we’ll be fine and we’ll have some players next year. Really need to get a center in the portal
One of our biggest problems is not coaching bigs, it is successfully recruiting top bigs.

If Benny continues to expand his offensive game and continue being more of a shooter, he and Brown could work together.

Need a better 2. Would be shocked if we don't bring in AT LEAST one starting caliber guard.

Also -- calling it now -- I think there's a solid chance Jesse stays.
They just hired Jesse’s girlfriend on the SU field hockey team. Seems like a perfect setup for him to stay.

If Boeheim stayed on I believe a lot of players would transfer and possibly an assistant coach or two. It must of been hard for the assistants to sit back and watch a stubborn coach not listen to them, take advice, or their input, and continue to be part of a declining program, which reflects on their reputation.

For Red to attract top recruits, he must play some man to man defense. It's been said here a million times that top recruits want to play man as they do in the pros. I'm optimistic that things will get better much quicker than most think, especially on the recruiting front. A big plus being a head coach willing to hit the recruiting trail, making home visits and following up and staying engaged as a head coach is supposed to.

I am very excited for the future of Syracuse Basketball.

If Boeheim stayed on I believe a lot of players would transfer and possibly an assistant coach or two. It must of been hard for the assistants to sit back and watch a stubborn coach not listen to them, take advice, or their input, and continue to be part of a declining program, which reflects on their reputation.

For Red to attract top recruits, he must play some man to man defense. It's been said here a million times that top recruits want to play man as they do in the pros. I'm optimistic that things will get better much quicker than most think, especially on the recruiting front. A big plus being a head coach willing to hit the recruiting trail, making home visits and following up and staying engaged as a head coach is supposed to.

I am very excited for the future of Syracuse Basketball.

Mike? That you?

Speaking of coaches and playing man to man, what’s Chevy Trautman up to these days?

I really hope that I don't have to watch a zombie Boeheim team limping along but just under a different head coach.

There really isn't much I would keep from the last few seasons from players, tactics, etc. Evaluate everything.

Was thinking this morning that maybe Ashley Howard would be a good assistant to take a look at? Recruited a lot of the players on Nova’s national title teams, has HC experience (albeit brief) and is currently at Drexel.

Imagine the energy with Hop and Devo. A girl can dream.

I think Benny was 0% to come back with JB. Hopefully his relationship with Red let's him grow here. He could be a monster senior. We've seen transfers fall off the cliff, I think it'd be good for him to stay in this new environment but would understand if he wanted to shake the bad memories.

Any chance Red pulls Patterson’s scholarship? Coaching change and all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom