Prepared to get killed by armchair doctors. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Prepared to get killed by armchair doctors.

You keep saying he was knocked unconscious. Dungey has said that he wasn't. So you're calling him a liar now, because of something you THINK you saw?

Watch the video. It's pretty obvious, as I said players will say what they need to say to get back on the field. You can't tell me after watching that video that you believe he was totally conscious during the entirety of that play. His arms flailed and his body went completely still, he didn't even attempt to try and get the ball once it was lost which would be a natural reaction after possibly fumbling. I legitametly just watched the replay 8 times in a row and not one ounce of me believes he was entirely conscious the whole time.

Watch the video. It's pretty obvious, as I said players will say what they need to say to get back on the field. You can't tell me after watching that video that you believe he was totally conscious during the entirety of that play. His arms flailed and his body went completely still, he didn't even attempt to try and get the ball once it was lost which would be a natural reaction after possibly fumbling. I legitametly just watched the replay 8 times in a row and not one ounce of me believes he was entirely conscious the whole time.
It's not obvious. The dude is saying it didn't happen. He is saying that he was awake and alert and just laying there. I believe him. He was almost immediately cleared by the medical staff.

Stop trying to pretend you've got the ability to diagnose someone based on 2 seconds of video when Dungey, the trainers, and the coaches have all said he was fine and wasn't knocked out.

It's great that you don't believe it. You're wrong.

It's not obvious. The dude is saying it didn't happen. He is saying that he was awake and alert and just laying there. I believe him. He was almost immediately cleared by the medical staff.

Stop trying to pretend you've got the ability to diagnose someone based on 2 seconds of video when Dungey, the trainers, and the coaches have all said he was fine and wasn't knocked out.

Ya, because no one has ever told a lie in their life. Especially never to get something they wanted, dully noted.

Ya, because no one has ever told a lie in their life. Especially never to get something they wanted, dully noted.
You keep ignoring the fact that DOCTORS CLEARED HIM. Like, almost immediately. But sure, keep telling yourself that you're the expert because you watched a replay and were nowhere near the situation.

CU44SE said:
Come on, your talking semantics. Knocked unconscious is knocked unconscious regardless of if its 2 seconds or 10 seconds. Your telling me if that's your son after just having a head injury less then a month ago your okay with him going in after being knocked out and given a "2min" checkup? Iv seen the way you write about your kids, I highly doubt you would be okay with that.

My point is doctors cleared him to play. People seem aghast at Shafer putting him back in.

My point is doctors cleared him to play. People seem aghast at Shafer putting him back in.
And that's what baffles me here. We've had 4 players medically disqualified for concussions in the past 2 years. And people are questioning whether this staff is being careful with our players? Good lord. I don't get that, at all. They already pulled Dungey from a game earlier this year when he said he could have kept playing. The fact that in this case they almost immediately put him back in probably supports the whole "he didn't get a concussion" thing, don't ya think?

There is a very good chance Dungey didn't entirely tell the truth. We just heard AJ say he did just that previously. And I get it, as a player you want to play.

...That being said, SU is as conservative as it gets with handling concussions, and rightfully so. I totally trust the medical staff in clearing him there. Doesn't mean he was 100% not concussed, but I'm sure they did everything they could to make sure.

When I played hockey, If I got hit with a high stick I would bite the hell out of the inside of my lip so I could bleed to try to get the 5 min penalty. Some times it worked, sometimes it didn't. Just saying.

CU44SE said:
His body went limb, that was obvious. He was knocked out, it was very clear. He should not have returned imo. You clearly have a different opinion. Their are many other issues at play, not all of which can be diagnosed in a 2 minute time frame. The player always wants to play, the decision needs to be taken out of his hands. Especially with the fact he just had a concussion less then a month ago. This is a lifetime decision, not a regular season spur of the moment decision. Imo the coaches should have protected him. Would love to hear what Bambrewer would have to say if this happened to shy. Just coming back from a concussion less then a month ago and takes a viscous hit to the head and clearly gets knocked unconscious for 5-10 seconds.
so, everything you think you know about this is irrefutable and everything that contradicts your stance, including the doctor's opinion, who actually interacted with ED (which you didn't), is obviously incorrect. I hope you never get on jury duty.

if you lay there dead, you should get treated like that.

i think there are a lot of people who want to keep watching football that really want to believe that concussion protocol is useful.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/25/us/illinois-high-school-football-player-death/

That would just happen to be the 7th kid to die from football injuries. In 2015 alone. And there was 11 reported deaths from football in high school last year, 5 of those deaths are from direct hits in games.

So now after reading those stats. How many kids have died from injuries suffered from lets say soccer, basketball, baseball, hockey, lacrosse?

All sports have deaths associated with each one. Life has deaths even if you are sitting in your living room. Drive a car. Go to a movie. Climb mountains. Whatever you do you may die, so you think football is specially dangerous, okay for you but if it is and I do not cede that point, it is only marginally more dangerous than many other activities people engage in all the time.

All sports have deaths associated with each one. Life has deaths even if you are sitting in your living room. Drive a car. Go to a movie. Climb mountains. Whatever you do you may die, so you think football is specially dangerous, okay for you but if it is and I do not cede that point, it is only marginally more dangerous than many other activities people engage in all the time.

Ok, then please cite these deaths that have occurred in other youth sports.

one of my friends drilled a pitcher in the chest and the kid's heart stopped.
kid in our neighborhood took a lacrosse ball to the back of his neck and died.

baseball is more dangerous for young kids. little kids can hit and throw way harder than they can tackle. when boys hit fourteen and get stronger, then football becomes more dangerous.

I just did a real quick search for soccer deaths. Surprisingly, I counted 73 deaths since 2000. They ranged in age from 13-44. Many resulted from massive head injuries.

You keep ignoring the fact that DOCTORS CLEARED HIM. Like, almost immediately. But sure, keep telling yourself that you're the expert because you watched a replay and were nowhere near the situation.

You fail to consider that the doctor was in on the CONSPIRACY. We're through the looking glass here people.

Off hand I personally know of several deaths associated with lacrosse and basketball, but if you want to know of more you look them up, I assure you they occur.
If you want to be really risk averse then do not ever drive or ride in a car, because your likelihood of injury or death in that activity is much greater than playing football. Look it up if you do not believe me.

Last edited:
docsu said:
You fail to consider that the doctor was in on the CONSPIRACY. We're through the looking glass here people.
And how do we know that YOU aren't in on a conspiracy to get Zach Mahoney playing time? Conspiracies are everywhere.

I just did a real quick search for soccer deaths. Surprisingly, I counted 73 deaths since 2000. They ranged in age from 13-44. Many resulted from massive head injuries.
yeah but 98% of those head injuries were trauma caused from rolling over and over after taking a dive.

I just went to Wikipedia to fact check you. There was around 80 deaths. And only 2 of those resulted from head to head collisions. The VAST majority were heart attack or other health issues. Shoot more people died from lightning strikes then head to head blows in soccer. Also this is a game played on a scale MASSIVLEY larger then football is played by our youths.

And there was 5 this past year in football directly from helmet to helmet hits. THIS YEAR!

Rage are you a doctor? No? Cool. Dungey was evaluated by one. But I don't know if he did a wiki search before seeing him. So you know, grain of salt and stuff.