Preseason Practice... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

It will happen quickly we will show out in Maui
I will be thrilled if this is the case but as a long time Cuse fan there have been many let downs recently coming out of preseason.

Bruin was among Jim's 2nd group of recruits with Santifer.
I’m aware, but Dave Bing was long gone by the time Red Bruin came to Syracuse.

It will be interesting to see how good these guys are out of the gate.

It might take a little while for Red's system to take hold and for him to find the right rotations with sooooo many options available.

My expectations for this season are threefold:

1. We will not be boring - we will be fun to watch !!

2. We will get better as the season progresses.

3. Not sure if we will be bubbling or not, but I expect that we WILL be Dancin !!!

It would not shock me if we ended up in the Top 25, but I will not predict that sight unseen.

I respectfully disagree.
Short leash, bad body language and I'm already hearing silent verbal portal transfer.

WVU, book it. :)
We need to step our student manager NIL game up.

Tony"Red" always dunked off of two feet. I remember a wicked throw down in a loss in the dome against DePaul way back. Santifer was the better player, but Red improved quite a bit.
I recall a baseline dunk he had over Ewing: OMG. (He was really about 6’3”)

I’m wondering if Red will let them run loose or tight. Meaning how much leash. Is a kid going to be allowed to play through some mistakes or is he going to get yanked and replaced. I can see it going either way, and the players on the bench are good and will be motivated.

When you have quality depth it’s easy to sub out a kid making a mistake. It raises the performance bar.

I’m wondering if Red will let them run loose or tight. Meaning how much leash. Is a kid going to be allowed to play through some mistakes or is he going to get yanked and replaced. I can see it going either way, and the players on the bench are good and will be motivated.

When you have quality depth it’s easy to sub out a kid making a mistake. It raises the performance bar.
I must admit, I will miss predicting the Boeheim yank mid-play

lol, I wonder how long it’s gonna take me to stop saying “Jim, for F&@$ sake”.
IDK, but let's hope for everyone's sake that Red doesn't have an itchy index finger.

If Red can coach at all, it’s hard for me to imagine this team on the bubble truthfully. We have one of the best point guards in the entire country who excels going to the hoop who had a whole summer to work on his shot, surrounded by shooters in JJ, Bell, Benny, Taylor that will open up the lanes for him to drive, a big that can rim run on the pnr in Mcleod, with a guy in Chance Westry off the bench who has all the potential in the world (and looked like a bonafide star in camp for Auburn before getting hurt) It might take some time to get clicking but when we get going I think it’s going to be a hard train to stop. Most athletic team we’ve had in years led by the best PG we’ve had since Tyler Ennis, if you told me 2 years ago that’s where we’d be sitting at pre season of the 23/24 season, I’d have said sign me up right now. I think we’re in good shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom