Pretty Good Guard Available Immediately | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pretty Good Guard Available Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was Tulsa good? For a minute back When they had Bill Self as coach 15 years ago?

They tied for 1st in the AAC this year and was in the NCAA 9 times in the last 21 years. They aren't terrible. More times than PC or SHU or St Johns or DePaul or just about any school not named Georgetown or Villanova

clearly a stud league when the champion commands an ncaa 7 seed!

What I find fascinating is that a #7 seed from the AAC won a NC.

The RPI for the AAC is terrible because of the bottom half of the league.

It depends how the RPI game is played by the bottom of the conference. Or if RPI is scrapped for something more accurate of actual playing strength. Personally, I don't think the bottom of the league will figure it out.

SMU, Temple, Houston, Cincy, UConn, Tulsa and Memphis all have been good teams at some point.

On the level with the Top 7 in the NBE. Do you think the BE will be a 1 or 2 bid conference?
Brands
UConn > Villanova
Cincy < Georgetown
Temple < Marquette
Memphis > St. John's
Tulsa < Butler
SMU < Creighton
Houston < Xavier
UCF< Providence
USF < Seton Hall
ECU = DePaul

The NBE is WAY better than AAC. The committee has given the AAC no respect.

They tied for 1st in the AAC this year and was in the NCAA 9 times in the last 21 years. They aren't terrible. More times than PC or SHU or St Johns or DePaul or just about any school not named Georgetown or Villanova

Another way to look at it is that they've been to one tournament since 2003.

This is the kind of program you're banning relevance on.

Brands
UConn > Villanova
Cincy < Georgetown
Temple < Marquette
Memphis > St. John's
Tulsa < Butler
SMU < Creighton
Houston < Xavier
UCF< Providence
USF < Seton Hall
ECU = DePaul

The NBE is WAY better than AAC. The committee has given the AAC no respect.

I might call Temple Marquette a push but I agree with the rest.

I might call Temple Marquette a push but I agree with the rest.
I can see that I just gave Marquette credit for the 1977 NC and its 2003 Final Four. While Temple has never made a Final Four in the NCAA Tournament. They have been real solid though.

eh y'all just got a bad taste of smu in yous mouf is all

no it's just a bad league, and UConn getting transfers from other bad teams doesn't change anything.

no it's just a bad league, and UConn getting transfers from other bad teams doesn't change anything.

Its not a great league but its not terrible.

UConn recruiting has been terrific this year if you just look at the talent and not how.

According to Scuot, Adams is #18 (and might not get enough respect at there) & Enoch is #42 (he has risen from outside the top 100 to 42 in about a year) and still only 17.

Miller addresses the team's biggest needs and Gibbs (if we get them) makes us a NC contender.

The recruit that puts UConn over the top is a four year player from Seton Hall.

And the American was an objectively bad conference by any metric.

The recruit that puts UConn over the top is a four year player from Seton Hall.

Right. UConn is in the AAC and Gibbs was from Seton Hall. What does that have to do with on-court perfomance?

Gibbs was more productive last year than Ennis was in his one year at SU.

I'm not projecting pro careers - just how good will Gibbs be for UConn. He will likely perform at a higher rate than 5 star incoming frosh.

Regardless of how good he is, there are like five different Gibbs threads on page one at the Boneyard. That is where that program is at right now. F cking pathetic.

damm ucon really better get Gibbs now, one of their guards just announced he's transferring!

Regardless of how good he is, there are like five different Gibbs threads on page one at the Boneyard. That is where that program is at right now. F cking pathetic.

You're thinking about this the wrong way. When you're a mid major, the prospect of getting a transfer from a major conference team represents a chance to improve your station.

Just curious, but does Rick Pitino know how pathetic it was for him to take transfers from Drexel and Cleveland State?

Just curious, but does Rick Pitino know how pathetic it was for him to take transfers from Drexel and Cleveland State?

Don't know--why don't you go over to the Louisville forum to ask instead of polluting our board with uconn propoganda?

Playing in the ACC Pitino will be able to recruit great players annually to Louisville. UConn is being out-recruited by Providence thus you are hitting the rent-a-players market to stay relevant as your Big East recruited kids are graduating out.

Where that program is? UConn has a national title just as recently as 2014. Should we be talking s*3t?

Playing in the ACC Pitino will be able to recruit great players annually to Louisville. UConn is being out-recruited by Providence thus you are hitting the rent-a-players market to stay relevant as your Big East recruited kids are graduating out.

Providence has been out-recruiting lots of people lately with Cooley. Just saying...

Where that program is? UConn has a national title just as recently as 2014. Should we be talking s*3t?

I think going forward without the players that cut their teeth in the big east, and without the high profile conference games they could be in trouble. Judging by the tenor of the Uconn board they seem to agree.

Providence has been out-recruiting lots of people lately with Cooley. Just saying...
Providence should never be out-recruiting UConn more than once every blue moon. UConn has the rings you have to respect, but they won their last title with BE recruited kids. Their recruiting isn't at the same level it was when they were in the BE. Thus, they are piecing together kids to stay competitive. The American is going to hurt them and Providence with their facilities should never outrecruit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.