PS: Syracuse senior Dajuan Coleman on next year: "I'm definitely coming back'' | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

PS: Syracuse senior Dajuan Coleman on next year: "I'm definitely coming back''

Not sure why it as ever a question. I'm glad he cleared it up, i expect much from him next year.
It was a question because he isn't taking part in senior day even though he is academically a senior. I think it's great to. He seems like such a good kid that I hope he has a huge year.

Great news. I'm sure this year has been very frustrating for DC. He simply can't do what he should be able to do had he not had so many injuries. Here's hoping he returns and continues to improve. Even if he shows no to minimal improvement, he will be a strong back-up.

That DC II is even on the court is a testament to his character. It would have been easy to give up and blame bad luck. he has worked hard to lose weight and is in much better shape than any time in his career. He has shown the rust from sitting for almost two years but he is getting his game back. He has shown flashes of brilliance that make me optimistic for next year. Putting the ball on the floor from the free throw line and blowing by his defender for a layup was a big time move. Hope to see more of that in the future. Regardless, I will be rooting like crazy for him due to the work he has obviously done.

Pointing to Flynn as an example of not being able to rely on players who say they are going to return simply does not apply to DC. Someone made the point earlier that Flynn was a 1st round pick which is spot on but I think equally important is the fact that anyone who has followed the career of Dajaun Coleman should have abundant evidence that this is a kid with fierce loyalty, determination, and character. Those things come into play with trusting him when he says he is returning.

There have been NO ISSUES at all EVER with DC involving attitude and in fact he has been exemplary in demonstrating what you would want in that department from a player. I think back to all the times he has been seen leading the cheering from the bench for his fellow teammates. IMO the manner in which he has endured and triumphed over significant injuries and hardship puts him high up in the pantheon of SU players that have shown a special level of dedication and perseverance.

It's for these reasons that when DC states he is definitely coming back next year we all should have every reason to believe him. And I couldn't be happier for both him and SU basketball.
I hope he has a monster year!

Last edited:
Pointing to Flynn as an example of not being able to rely on players who say they are going to return simply does not apply to DC. Someone made the point earlier that Flynn was a 1st round pick is spot on but I think equally important is the fact that anyone who has followed the career of Dajaun Coleman should have abundant evidence that this is a kid with fierce loyalty, determination, and character. Those things come into play with trusting him when he says he is returning.

I wasn't a big fan of Flynn. I thought he was a bit of a self-centered hot dog. I'm glad he got drafted into the NBA. But in terms of Orange basketball history he's not even close to my top 10 favorite players of all time.

Pointing to Flynn as an example of not being able to rely on players who say they are going to return simply does not apply to DC. Someone made the point earlier that Flynn was a 1st round pick is spot on but I think equally important is the fact that anyone who has followed the career of Dajaun Coleman should have abundant evidence that this is a kid with fierce loyalty, determination, and character. Those things come into play with trusting him when he says he is returning.

There have been NO ISSUES at all EVER with DC involving attitude and in fact he has been exemplary in demonstrating what you would want in that department from a player. I think back to all the times he has been seen leading the cheering from the bench for his fellow teammates. IMO the manner in which he has endured and triumphed over significant injuries and hardship puts him high up in the pantheon of SU players that have shown a special level of dedication and perseverence.

It's for these reasons that when DC states he is definitely coming back next year we all should have every reason to believe him. And I couldn't be happier for both him and SU basketball.
I hope he has a monster year!
^^^^^
Triple dog like!

Years ago when Dajuan made his announcement that he was going to play for SU I told my brother that DC would help JB win another National Championship before he retired. Dajuan was a rare talent and a local. The stars were aligned, we had talented kids waiting for DC, and JB was due a graceful exit. It's taken a few years longer than I expected and his talented teammates have different faces & names, but I still hope that DC helps to fulfill my prediction. He's had to relearn how to use his legs, but there are the makings of a great story with he and JB as prime characters. I love stories with happy endings...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom