PS Writers Picks | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

PS Writers Picks

i brought the word genius into this thread because basically he will have to be some kind of genius to get the results the unsilent minority are 'hoping' for.

after that, you guys have all gone a little bit nuts.
People want to "sting" my words and I will have none of that. I do need to work on being patient but its hard I will be nice and say no more.

People want to "sting" my words and I will have none of that. I do need to work on being patient but its hard I will be nice and say no more.

It's post #75.

I will agree to disagree. BTW using advanced stats the 2010 D ranked 38th nationally.

Does that mean they were actually worse than 38th? (Just joking!)
Keep digging. Lol.

The D was good no matter how you slice it, imo. You recall the turn-around in 2009 after 2005-2008, and then 2010 was really good and SU went to a bowl game without any production on offense (and beat Kansas St.).

Last edited:
Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m4 minutes ago
See some good chatter about season predictions. I'm sticking with the 4-8 I picked in June. Think SU can win 6, but margin for error is slim

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 2m2 minutes ago
Remember, the SU defense has 8 new starters, 6 of whom have never started a game before. New offense seems sound, but have to give it time.
When your'e 3-8 I'm glad they have new players in the line up this year.

This season hasn't even started yet and yet this board can get so depressing. I hope the recruits don't read some of junk that gets posted HERE. What a hell of a power 5 fanbase we got going. All it takes is a Syracuse .commer to post the sky is falling crap and we always get the same stuff repeated over and over.

Really? First of all I doubt they even know the board exists. And even if they read it, are they going to say, omg that poster is so negative, now I am not going to SU?

Really? First of all I doubt they even know the board exists. And even if they read it, are they going to say, omg that poster is so negative, now I am not going to SU?
It's been documented that the majority of our last recruiting class and their parents came to this board regularly.

It's been documented that the majority of our last recruiting class and their parents came to this board regularly.

Well if they are making their college decision based on message board, then they have some issues.

I know the writers have to engage in the prediction tomfoolery as it is their job. However,
I must say that in reality nobody has a clue.

We don't know how effective Lester's offense will be although, I would bet dollars to donuts it has to be an improvement over last year. Syracuse fans and beat writers ought to know better than most that unknown injuries to us and our opponents loom large in the season's outcome. We also have a lot of kids and they are likely (injuries permitting) to get better as the season rolls along. It is not hard to see us beating both Pitt and BC - both home games - if the cards fall favorably.

Its CFB - anything can and will happen.

And those folks ended up committing to SU, right?

So, you're saying we sealed the deal and are awesome?

:)

It is what it is. People have varying opinions about everything in life. One thing I don't agree with and never will is disparaging remarks about recruits. They're kids.

And, yes, I think we've helped to seal the deal more than once :cool:

It is what it is. People have varying opinions about everything in life. One thing I don't agree with and never will is disparaging remarks about recruits. They're kids.

And, yes, I think we've helped to seal the deal more than once :cool:

I don't post on the recruiting board so I'm off scott-free on this one.

If thats the case, the coaching staff should give us some money.

I have always found it interesting and somewhat surprising how many recruits are influenced by this board and the twitter army. Who knew?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom