PSA: Mookie's definitely coming back | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PSA: Mookie's definitely coming back

So please stop posting "we only have 3 guards for next year" threads.

When should we expect to see the first "why isn't Mookie getting more run from JB" thread?

When should we expect to see the first "why isn't Mookie getting more run from JB" thread?
I'd say about 15 minutes after the LeMoyne exhibition.

We just got it. :D
All kidding aside, I hope the mookster comes back in great shape and puts in the work on the bike and in the weight room. He wont see the floor unless he gets in shape. A hungry mookster can make a huge impact on this team, even if in practice alone. An agressive intelligent defensive minded mookie could win us a game or two. When u sub a shooter with a shooter u have a nice program. Cant wait to see Southerlands development too. We will be very very good.

rankmaniac2012-40.gif
Once Again, are we only going into the season with 3 guards...

i'll go on record right here right now and say it's highly doubtful.

Not for nothing i like mookie but hes not going to play meaningful minutes , we should of freed up another scholarship. Calhoun would of booted him 3 years ago, i mean gave him a chance to play somewhere else , no , i really mean over recruited him.

This is huge for apr reasons alone, and being the 4th guard helps

Why exactly did he transfer in the first place? Was he taking courses this year at another school or just out of school completely?

i'll go on record right here right now and say it's highly doubtful.
Hmmm. So Mookie says he's coming back next year, but you say it's highly doubtful... I think I'll take Mookie's words over yours.

Mookie is a very good player. He is a scorer and provides us with a great back up in the event we need it. He is also going to help out during practice. He is a great shooter who can force us to play out in the zone which is something that will help in practice. Lets not forget how highly recruited he was. Guy can ball and im glad he is back.

Lets say we one of our guards gets hurt. Would you rather have Mookie become our third guard or a walk on?

He is a very good fourth guard. Is he a star no, can he hold it together if needed and provide solid minutes yes i think so. I actually think that if he needed to step up we would be surprised as he does have talent. Anyway you cut it we are better with him back.

rankmaniac2012-40.gif
OK Mookie is coming back. Two things have to happen. He needs to work on his handle and Jimmy has to consider using him in games. Thats is presuming he can still score from the outside. Its gotta be from the outside or at the line because I've never seen him take the ball to the basket with the opposition on the floor after warm ups.:eek:

He is a very good fourth guard. Is he a star no, can he hold it together if needed and provide solid minutes yes i think so. I actually think that if he needed to step up we would be surprised as he does have talent. Anyway you cut it we are better with him back.
question: why did he up and quit on us this year ?
question2: why would he come back to sit his out of shape a$$ again?
is there a tragic subtext story i'm missing ? family illness ?personal crisis?
cuz he was less than useless this year. behind walkons.
truly is this just a grade thing and JB digging for apr points cuz if that's the case give me probation.and if the story i hear about mookie passing up court time so the walkon's can play is true...i don't even want that dude on my team. players should be f66cking ravenous for minutes.

If Mookie can't dribble that isn't problem if he plays 3 I think he could be another option if Fair/Southerland got into foul trouble. Mookie these last 2 years was SU's Darko when the game is over he became the human victory cigar. However, I am glad he is back and hope he graduates.

If Mookie can't dribble that isn't problem if he plays 3 I think he could be another option if Fair/Southerland got into foul trouble. Mookie these last 2 years was SU's Darko when the game is over he became the human victory cigar. However, I am glad he is back and hope he graduates.

We don't need another 3. We need another guard. The dude can shoot the 3, he's got long arms at the top of the zone, he can rebound and get steals, and he knows the program. Welcome back, Mookie.

We don't need another 3. We need another guard. The dude can shoot the 3, he's got long arms at the top of the zone, he can rebound and get steals, and he knows the program. Welcome back, Mookie.
^This

mookie is not a guard. would you say southerland is a guard? their handle is about the same.

question: why did he up and quit on us this year ?
question2: why would he come back to sit his out of shape a$$ again?
is there a tragic subtext story i'm missing ? family illness ?personal crisis?
cuz he was less than useless this year. behind walkons.
truly is this just a grade thing and JB digging for apr points cuz if that's the case give me probation.and if the story i hear about mookie passing up court time so the walkon's can play is true...i don't even want that dude on my team. players should be f66cking ravenous for minutes.

Question 1: Family stuff
Question 2: If you spent four years in college, wouldn't you want your degree?

mookie is not a guard. would you say southerland is a guard? their handle is about the same.

And you're not a fan. Where do you think he played the past several seasons?

Hint: It wasn't at forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom