Class of 2015 - Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI

Kind of unsure what to do with Hofrichter right now. It's amazing we have a legit kicker/punter coming to town. But given how Murphy has played, you almost want to see him keep the job.

Always a good problem to have.

Hey i'd rather have 2 then none like last year.

I'd be willing to bet the kid who is actually on scholarship wins the job. A lot of schools don't have out scholarships for kickers, I don't think we will have a back up kicker on scholarship. My bet is Hofrichter is given every opportunity to win the job. The big question is what happens with Norton's scholarship? Maybe another scholarship frees up?

I would expect that given how close Norton was to losing his scholarship a few times already, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to ask him move on.

But yes I would imagine The Hof will get either the punting or kicking gig (or both ) next year.

At our local high school's big rivalry game tonight in Pasco County wearing my SU shirt because our school colors are Orange/Black/White, guy next to me leans over and says, "my wife's nephew is a kicker at Armwood. He just agreed to a scholarship at Syracuse." Being a good lurker here, I know his name, and say, "Hofrichter, right?" He goes on to tell this story... He said, "the coach was at school watching. So the kid tees up just inside the fifty and hits it. Coach comes out moves him OUTSIDE the fifty and says if you can hit this, I'll offer you a scholarship on the spot now." So Hofrichter gets set up and drills it clean... over 60 yards! And he got his offer.

At our local high school's big rivalry game tonight in Pasco County wearing my SU shirt because our school colors are Orange/Black/White, guy next to me leans over and says, "my wife's nephew is a kicker at Armwood. He just agreed to a scholarship at Syracuse." Being a good lurker here, I know his name, and say, "Hofrichter, right?" He goes on to tell this story... He said, "the coach was at school watching. So the kid tees up just inside the fifty and hits it. Coach comes out moves him OUTSIDE the fifty and says if you can hit this, I'll offer you a scholarship on the spot now." So Hofrichter gets set up and drills it clean... over 60 yards! And he got his offer.

That's a stellar story.

I can't wait til this story involves him drilling an 85 yard field goal blindfolded while barefoot!

Sterling Hofrichter‏@shofrichter10 2h2 hours ago
Cuse Nation
1f34a.png
#syracuse #syracusefootball #cuse #cuse15 #kicker #punter #espn #armwood #orangehttp://instagram.com/p/u_IutitmC1/

Armwood Football‏@Armwood_Hawks 5h5 hours ago
Big night for the Hawks! 10-0, ready for playoffs and QB Noah Johnson gets an offer from Alcorn State! #RoadToState #hawkstars

Armwood Press Box‏@armwoodpressbox 7h7 hours ago Plant City, FL
The Hawks have a meeting with Largo in a week. Fill the stadium! Spread the word! Playoff Football, at Lyle Flagg Field! #Road2State

So Hofrichters' team Armwood faces Hale and Crawfords team Largo in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Re the state championship game against Central...

BIG COUNTY PREPS ‏@BigCountyPreps1 20m20 minutes ago
The kicking game: This is where Armwood has a clear advantage. Armwood K Sterling Hofrichter has 29 punts for 1162 yards and a 40.1 average