Purdue Post Game Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Post Game Thread

So what you are saying, is we were prolly much louder than The Swamp, later in the 4th... Your reading is still top 10, all time. Lets get louder!!!! And use the Max function, so you can just watch the game)

I remember during the '92 Miami game, an on-field reporter for ABC said the decibel level was above 140.

I remember during the '92 Miami game, an on-field reporter for ABC said the decibel level was above 140.
That full game was on YouTube but has been replaced by a condensed version of the game. Bummer because it edits out done if the great Musberger commentary. We may never know how loud that day was. 140 seems a little suspect though. Anything higher than mid 120s might be hard to prove without proper instrumentation.

FIND THAT!

That is our recruiting advantage. The FANS.

Thats the loudest in college football history by a hundred MILES. The loudest on my list is 133. 136 is TWICE as loud as 133. 139 is twice as loud as 136. 140 is 5 or SIX times the POWER of the loudest college football stadiums EVER recorded. (US)

Lets make this a THING!

LFGO!!!!!

(Apps for your phone are terribly innacurate over 100db. Heck. Many dedicated Db meter's are only accurate to 130db. 140db is in the territory of the loudest sounds recorded on EARTH. Any fan can bring a $20 professional meter. Very accurate to 130db. DO IT. Make the University prove it. )

Last edited:
FIND THAT!

That is our recruiting advantage. The FANS.

Thats the loudest in college football history by a hundred MILES. The loudest on my list is 133. 136 is TWICE as loud as 133. 139 is twice as loud as 136. 140 is 5 or SIX times the POWER of the loudest college football stadiums EVER recorded. (US)

Lets make this a THING!

LFGO!!!!!

(Apps for your phone are terribly innacurate over 100db. Heck. Many dedicated Db meter's are only accurate to 130db. 140db is in the territory of the loudest sounds recorded on EARTH. Any fan can bring a $20 professional meter. Very accurate to 130db. DO IT. Make the University prove it. )
I remember him being on the field and holding up a decibel meter and saying that it was the equivalent of two jumbo jets taking off at the same time. That would make it MUCH louder than 140, but he said it was north of 140 on the broadcast.

I know somebody who went to Michigan in the 90s and is a long time NY Giants ticket holder who was at that game, and says it was easily the loudest crowd he’s ever heard at a game.
I remember the SU/Army game in '97 getting crazy loud. When McNabb scored on a long run, I turned and YELLED at my father and couldn't hear myself. He couldn't hear me either. I have no doubt there are hundreds of crowds that have peaked WELL beyond 133 decibels in Dome history.

We are CRAZY loud. Saying it is one thing. Proving it is another. I can't remember which game this was from last year. Not a lot of fans. Still one of the loudest EVER. Humble by dome standard. 8th loudest EVER recorded. We're better than this. I grabbed over 118 in a game we failed to even score a TD.

Screenshot_20220918-005601_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I remember the SU/Army game in '97 getting crazy loud. When McNabb scored on a long run, I turned and YELLED at my father and couldn't hear myself. He couldn't hear me either. I have no doubt there are hundreds of crowds that have peaked WELL beyond 133 decibels in Dome history.
Not a memorable game at all, but had the same experience at the ‘96 opener against UNC. We blocked a punt and returned it for a TD(that was called back by a stupid penalty call), but before anybody realized there was a penalty on us - I remember screaming as loud as I could and not being able to hear myself.

Also, i would love to see that Army game again. Annoying that in an “on demand” streaming world, these games can’t just be pulled up.

EXACTLY. I've recorded top 10, EVER, ALL the time, in mediocre games, with poor attendance. 5-0 going into NC State, and a night game. Nerd out. $20 for a professional meter. Make sure it has a MAX function (Apps suck over 100db- the mic needs more surface area to measure force, i think)

Numerous pics of huge readings can become a national story...

Involve Otto's Army. Their organization has been INCREDIBLE. You know they want this. (Best student section in the country). If the University won't? Lets do this ourselves!

LFGO!

Last edited:
O’Connell reminds me of Nick Foles. Thought he played really well and made some excellent throws. If he had more of a rushing attack, Purdue could be a top 5 big 10 team.
If their defense continues to play like they did yesterday, they might already be a top 5 B1G team.

Rewatching the game this morning, something struck me about the 4th and 1 where Gadsden took it to the house. We didn’t panic, we didn’t frantically call a TO and deliberate intently on the playcall.

Anae just calmly, and quickly, made a decision, called the play, and off we went. Such a HUGE difference from past years. I can’t express how much better we’ll be with a competent OC. Night and day difference.

Rewatching the game this morning, something struck me about the 4th and 1 where Gadsden took it to the house. We didn’t panic, we didn’t frantically call a TO and deliberate intently on the playcall.

Anae just calmly, and quickly, made a decision, called the play, and off we went. Such a HUGE difference from past years. I can’t express how much better we’ll be with a competent OC. Night and day difference.

Anae has some big b@lls

He also didn’t panic when Shrader went out and Wilson made a laser pass to a receiver. Wilson has looked very capable in limited snaps. With him and Lamson next year we should be fine at qb. The freshman coming in also has potential.
If the worst should occur as it does almost every season and we lose Garrett prematurely, I actually feel confident in Wilson and Anae being able to keep the poop off the fan and things rolling. Probably unfounded, but idk just seems like Wilson has some confidence and tools, and Anae is pretty competent.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom