Purdue Post Game Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Post Game Thread

If the worst should occur as it does almost every season and we loose Garrett prematurely, I actually feel confident in Wilson and Anae being able to keep the poop off the fan and things rolling. Probably unfounded, but idk just seems like Wilson has some confidence and tools, and Anae is pretty competent.
Wilson has a laser arm. Fun watching him warm up.

This is exactly how I felt. Squib that thing.
Drop back, throw, catch. Hard to see that not taking 7 seconds. Heck. Just grab the receivers the first play. They get a holding penalty, and have a couple of seconds at most for the next play.

He also didn’t panic when Shrader went out and Wilson made a laser pass to a receiver. Wilson has looked very capable in limited snaps. With him and Lamson next year we should be fine at qb. The freshman coming in also has potential.
He is freaking fast!

Can we go back to Shrader’s jersey? Several posters mentioned how he was getting pulled repeatedly by his shirt tails. What was up with that? Seemed to happen 4-5 times. Was he wearing something else under his regular jersey that hung low and could get pulled on easier?

The Purdue board is really alleging mafia/illegal sports gambling involment in the fixing of this game by the refs LMAO
I never paid Purdue much attention because I always thought they were boring.

Appears I was wrong? Do they always meltdown like this? I gotta start following them more if they’re this entertaining.

The Purdue board is really alleging mafia/illegal sports gambling involment in the fixing of this game by the refs LMAO
I read that, too. At least one rational Purdue fan is squashing that. In another thread, a guy says now that Frost is out at Nebraska the crosshairs will be firmly on Brohm and Purdue. Does anyone really care about Purdue?

I never paid Purdue much attention because I always thought they were boring.

Appears I was wrong? Do they always meltdown like this? I gotta start following them more if they’re this entertaining.
They share the demeanor of a certain special teams coach we’ve recently become acquainted with.

Hey Matt, the next time a guy at the top of Section 130 calls over to say hi to you as you are walking up the stairs, don’t look at him and keep walking!

You should have said when I looked at you, "Hi, it's Dick from Michigan". I wouldn't have walked past if I knew it was you. Sorry again, my friend.

Wow that missed wheel route was a huge play. That’s almost always a touchdown. Big sequence.
Yup. We probably could’ve won it the easy way right then and there.

Wow that missed wheel route was a huge play. That’s almost always a touchdown. Big sequence.

That pass was coming right toward me (4th row, 30 yard line). As the ball was in the air, I said out loud, "he put nice touch on that ball", but it hung in the air just a moment too long, and the defender tipped it away.

So that one is my fault.

Last edited:
I watched most of the game, then had to leave for my son's hockey game. Heard the final call on radio. Came home, watched the rest on DVR. Watched every minute of the celebration/alma mater. Watched all the press conferences, and then just watched the condensed game on YouTube.

3-0 and beating the Big 10 is rare, so I don't want to get cheated in enjoying every moment of it.

Yeah, I hear ya. I was at the game, totally exhausted from the effort. And then as soon as I got home, I watched the entire thing straight through again.

That pass was coming right toward me (4th row, 30 yard line). As the ball was in the air, I said out loud, "he put nice touch on that ball", but it hung in the air just a moment too long, and the defender tipped it away.

So that one is my fault.
Don't blame your self. He short-armed it. Was never going to hit Tucker in stride

Purdue podcaster still isn’t sure about Sean Tucker’s name the morning after. At the 4min 30sec mark. Incredible.

And in the last 10 seconds of the pod calls Syracuse fans morons. Real professional

I'm really enjoying Purdue's whining and tears...am I bad?

If Garrett is a top drafted CB then Jones is clearly an NFL wideout

Y'know, he kind of reminds me of Scott Schwedes. Not a really big guy, super fast, ran great routes and had good hands, could make the catch over the middle.

How many years did he play for the Dolphins, something like 6 or so? Charlie Jones is that kind of receiver. He would have been a star playing with the Dan Fouts Charger teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom