Class of 2014 - Qadree Ollison, RB, Canisius HS | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Qadree Ollison, RB, Canisius HS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dohn, the Rutgers homer, was reporting that we had coaches there...didn't say who

And for all the Rob Moore haters, Daoust is recruiting Ollison as well

On The Trail

The recruiting rivalry is not as intense as some of those down in Florida or the SEC, but Penn State and Pittsburgh are often going head-to-head for prospects. The two are going at it once more for a three-star running back.

Qadree Ollison (Buffalo, N.Y./Canisius) is deciding 3:15 p.m. on Monday at his high school after taking visits to Penn State and Pitt this week. He took in Pitt on an official visit earlier this week for the Florida State game, and he will visit Penn State beginning on Friday.

At this juncture, it looks like the Nittany Lions will be on the receiving end of Ollison’s verbal commitment. Although he officially lists a final five, it is realistically down to Penn State and Pitt, and he recently canceled an official visit to Wisconsin once he learned his Penn State offer became committable. Wisconsin looked to be one of the favorites, but the communication between the two parties has tapered off recently.

Penn State is a school Ollison has been high on all along, and he was at the Lions’ spring game despite not having an offer at the time. He also hastily put together a visit to Penn State for this coming weekend. Penn State has mined Canisius before, too, as offensive lineman John Urschel is from the school.

There are a few factors in Pitt’s corner, however. The atmosphere at Heinz Field was, as one high school coach put it, “like a Steelers game.” The crowd support has often been criticized by recruits and opposing coaches. The Panthers also have an opening at running back following Rushel Shell’s exit.

Ollison’s decision will become public Monday, but it is hard to see him picking a school other

This thread is to funny with the continual flip-flopping. I have come to the reasoned conclusion no one actually has any solid info. on where this kid is going and we are likely in it as much as any other school listed. That's better than the definitive posts that there is no chance he is coming here from the past week. Glad we still got a chance.
On The Trail

The recruiting rivalry is not as intense as some of those down in Florida or the SEC, but Penn State and Pittsburgh are often going head-to-head for prospects. The two are going at it once more for a three-star running back.

Qadree Ollison (Buffalo, N.Y./Canisius) is deciding 3:15 p.m. on Monday at his high school after taking visits to Penn State and Pitt this week. He took in Pitt on an official visit earlier this week for the Florida State game, and he will visit Penn State beginning on Friday.

At this juncture, it looks like the Nittany Lions will be on the receiving end of Ollison’s verbal commitment. Although he officially lists a final five, it is realistically down to Penn State and Pitt, and he recently canceled an official visit to Wisconsin once he learned his Penn State offer became committable. Wisconsin looked to be one of the favorites, but the communication between the two parties has tapered off recently.

Penn State is a school Ollison has been high on all along, and he was at the Lions’ spring game despite not having an offer at the time. He also hastily put together a visit to Penn State for this coming weekend. Penn State has mined Canisius before, too, as offensive lineman John Urschel is from the school.

There are a few factors in Pitt’s corner, however. The atmosphere at Heinz Field was, as one high school coach put it, “like a Steelers game.” The crowd support has often been criticized by recruits and opposing coaches. The Panthers also have an opening at running back following Rushel Shell’s exit.

Ollison’s decision will become public Monday, but it is hard to see him picking a school other
It was clear to me that SU was out of it with olli months ago. Move on guys. I could care less on any kid that doesn't want to be here, and if our coach's are going to his games, good luck to the young man. PSU is not SMU, they will be relevant because of who they are. But they aren't bowling, and can sit and watch the bowl games on TV for the next 4 years. As for Pitt, lousy stadium and campus IMHO, but they will probably draw anyway. After Mondays announcement, maybe we can focus on some kids that actually have interest in coming here? Just a thought.

It was clear to me that SU was out of it with olli months ago. Move on guys. I could care less on any kid that doesn't want to be here, and if our coach's are going to his games, good luck to the young man. PSU is not SMU, they will be relevant because of who they are. But they aren't bowling, and can sit and watch the bowl games on TV for the next 4 years. As for Pitt, lousy stadium and campus IMHO, but they will probably draw anyway. After Mondays announcement, maybe we can focus on some kids that actually have interest in coming here? Just a thought.
it was clear to you. well why didnt you call shafer and tell him so because apparently he thought we had a bit of a chance...

These are recruits we absolutely have to have if we ever want to get back to where we think we belong. Extremely disappointing, didn't even seem like it was close either.

SU must get all the big NY recruits, especially the Upstate players. Very disappointing.

These are recruits we absolutely have to have if we ever want to get back to where we think we belong. Extremely disappointing, didn't even seem like it was close either.
It's just a shame. Our RB recruiting has been horrendous. Zero quality depth on current roster. Oh well. ;-)

Great, let's close this thread!

it was clear to you. well why didnt you call shafer and tell him so because apparently he thought we had a bit of a chance...
He did an interview with ESPN...
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9505297
He did an interview back in July and stated although he had 5 tops, he was focusing on Pitt and PSU as they had alot of tradition at RB and he could play right away. This was right after he canceled a camp with us, so what school did he pick? This wasn't a knock on Shafer and his team.

No surprise here, he chooses Pitt

It's alright - we've secured verbals from more recruits that Pitt wanted than vice versa. We're in good shape IMO.

I agree, seems like Pitt has fallen off a cliff in terms of recruiting and play on the field (and yes i am aware we are 0-2).

We got Custis, a player they wanted, and they got Ollison. Considering our needs from a roster perspective, I'll take that trade anyday of the week. It would have been nice to get him but RB and LB (his natural defense position if he was to be be switched) are two positions that we aren't sorely lacking quality depth at.

It's just a shame. Our RB recruiting has been horrendous. Zero quality depth on current roster. Oh well. ;-)

Less worried about the position, more worried about where the recruit is from.

Please someone lock this thread, its a waste of time to keep posting about this guy.

Please someone lock this thread, its a waste of time to keep posting about this guy.
This is without a doubt my favorite post of the season. Kinda reminds me of Dr. Strange Love. No fighting in the War room. Bagger you have made my night classic post

Defeatist attitude. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

There is still hope Zach Allen may come here after he graduates at TCU!

There is still hope Zach Allen may come here after he graduates at TCU!
Not even remotely close. If Pitt fires Chryst maybe Qadree reconsiders and comes to SU.

Not even remotely close. If Pitt fires Chryst maybe Qadree reconsiders and comes to SU.

Can't see Pitt doing that again, they have quite the track record for coaches, but say a Jim Tressel is still available and another tank season......who knows. As for Allen, just kidding, we need 4 year QBs that want to be here, like the kid at PSU to be a success. We have it in AJ, Mitch and Wilson.

This is without a doubt my favorite post of the season. Kinda reminds me of Dr. Strange Love. No fighting in the War room. Bagger you have made my night classic post
Bumping request to let this thread go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom