Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

I did not hear anything about a decision day all I was told was that things are looking very good and certain staff members wouldn't be surprised if a commitment with amount soon for somebody else.

Woof. Sorry. Voice to text sucks. I'm currently traveling and recruiting in South Carolina. That was supposed to say "certain staff members would be surprised if he committed soon to another school."

I look at it this way - there is a slot for one QB in this class and Anthony Brown, along with a few others, have been pegged by the staff since very early on for that spot. If he commits that spot is gone.

Now that doesn't mean that we won't have a few spots open for "best available player" types and I think that's where Haskins falls in. I'd recruit him, but not count on him, and see where it goes. If he comes, fantastic. If not, you still have a very, very good QB prospect in Brown in the class.
I think they can take 2. When Hunt graduates, you have Wilson, Long, and Dungey as definite QBs. Womack is coming in with experience at DB and WR, so who knows if he'll be considered a QB.

I did not hear anything about a decision day all I was told was that things are looking very good and certain staff members wouldn't be surprised if a commitment with amount soon for somebody else.

Woof. Sorry. Voice to text sucks. I'm currently traveling and recruiting in South Carolina. That was supposed to say "certain staff members would be surprised if he committed soon to another school."

As others have mentioned Brown was #1 on the staffs QB board so the staff will take his commitment and not think twice. I trust their judgement and would be very excited to have a QB with offers from BC, Duke, Wake and VT prior to his sr. yr. I would be more worried about WHEN some of the big boys come calling once some of the QB dominos start to fall with Brown rather than our chances with Haskins.

JackBower44 (or anyone else with ears on the hill or in NJ) does Brown have any relationships with any other recruits in NJ we could develop if he did commit?

Blacksburg, Virginia.
th

CuseLegacy said:
Not this weekend. Hear he is taking a visit to another school.

Gotta love recruiting. Things change daily.

Just curious...where did you hear this?

Because a visit to Va Tech has been expected since the offer, so it's nothing new. Can't imagine it would interfere with anything previously planned.

Last edited:
And looks like you were correct! Just saw it tweeted, visiting VaTech next weekend, and then deciding.

Yeah well if she was that wise she wouldn't have just been up on the second floor of the tobacco barn throwing tomato cages down a steep set of stairs with no railing... with visions of falling dancing in her head. ;)
If I had a nickel for every time I'd done that....um, I'd be broke.

Unfortunate, but I can see why he pushed it off. What's the point of committing, and then going on a visit the very next weekend. I still feel good that we eventually get him.

Unfortunate, but I can see why he pushed it off. What's the point of committing, and then going on a visit the very next weekend. I still feel good that we eventually get him.
Agreed. I'd prefer he get visits out of the way now. Can you imagine if he committed, and then kept going on visits, how riled up people would get?

Yeah, I was just hoping to get another commitment as soon as possible. I have to remember recruiting is a marathon, not a sprint.

Agreed. I'd prefer he get visits out of the way now. Can you imagine if he committed, and then kept going on visits, how riled up people would get?

Ya, he's probably doing himself a favor by pushing it. Remember he said in an article even if I do commit i'm still going to visit VT. So we knew it was coming. Maybe someone told him it would be a better idea to hold off? If we are able to get him to commit after his VT visit I think it will be good for everyone's nervous system.

anomander said:
Ya, he's probably doing himself a favor by pushing it. Remember he said in an article even if I do commit i'm still going to visit VT. So we knew it was coming. Maybe someone told him it would be a better idea to hold off? If we are able to get him to commit after his VT visit I think it will be good for everyone's nervous system.

And perception.

I hope the staff told him to hold off and get the visits out of his system. That said, I am going to be majorly bummed if we do not acquire his services.