Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

Dohn put Guarantano #1 ...lol

Dohn is arguable the worst of the lot. The guy has absolutely zero experience with playing or coaching in the game of football. And when I write zero, I mean zero. He was a beat writer for UCLA for a small bit I believe, then left to be a site publisher before getting the "analyst" job.

He actually should apologize to people for his behavior and "unbiased" opinion. Absolute joke.

I just think it puts Madei in an odd spot and makes it harder for him to push SU for Brown, because it's like he's saying he can't coach up Long, or that the SU coaches are stringing AJ along with no intention of letting him see the field (not a good message).

Also does this mean Womack and/or Dungey don't redshirt? Would we want 3 QBs fighting for that spot and only Austin Wilson with the experience?

Can we pitch the position to a recruit with a guaranteed redshirt attached? I know many programs do, but we are not in the position to suggest we don't have playing time available for at least a year. PT and early opportunity is part of our pitch I thought.

It's all probably not as big a thing as I am making it sound, but I do feel the AJ redshirt messes up the recruiting a bit.
I don't think it has anything to do with Madei. His job is to teach these kids to be the best QB they can be. It is up to them to pick a school and then compete for a job. As Phat said "any QB worrying about the QB's on SU's roster they're probably not that good."

Madei Williams is now some uber QB consultant. My god! SU needs to grease the wheels and figure out how to use these connections to get a functional QB into the program.
Really? We want guys Madei trains. Why not Nunes or Bill Scharr students?

Really? We want guys Madei trains. Why not Nunes or Bill Scharr students?
45dadbd9551fa0faa1b84d1023b0b038279608fd1274725f104df76ddd7ce5e7.jpg

Would you say this is the the number one QB that were pursing right now? I would say haskins but we seem to be totally out of the picture unless Washington jumps on board but I'm still uncertain that will bring us back into the picture.

Would you say this is the the number one QB that were pursing right now? I would say haskins but we seem to be totally out of the picture unless Washington jumps on board but I'm still uncertain that will bring us back into the picture.
I believe I read in another thread that Brown is the #1 guy on our board. That means the staff believes we have a realistic shot. We'll offer others who are more highly rated but not spend too much time and resources unless there is genuine interest.

Lester said Brown is the top QB on the board.

though I'd conclude he's probably 1 of 3 or 4 that were tops on the board.

Based on my understanding of the situation, brown is the guy we want (that we have a shot to get).

Haskins wants to play with Robert Washington. He has expressed this via Twitter many times. Does this mean he wouldn't go to a perennial powerhouse to play with him if Washington chooses SU? I have no idea, but I'm inclined to believe if Washington chooses a big time school over us, Haskins has a better than decent shot to end up with him. If Washington goes SU, it at least gets us in the door and a conversation starter for one of the best QB prospects in the country.

However, as things currently stand, we are not even remotely in it for Haskins. If Washington comes our way, I expect us to get involved with Haskins very quickly to see just how serious he is about playing with RW no matter where he goes.

It seems really likely at this point Brown will have us as a favorite and could easily be ours. There is no guarantee Haskins wants to come here even if we get RW. If Brown wants in we grab him and run. If Washington says yes to SU, and Haskins wants to come along, SU should start celebrating immediately as we would have two of the top QB prospects on the entire east coast coming our way.

But my firm belief is we want Brown and he might well be the #2 player on our wishlist/board overall behind Robert Washington.

Would love, love love love, to land Anthony Brown.

Dohn is arguable the worst of the lot. The guy has absolutely zero experience with playing or coaching in the game of football. And when I write zero, I mean zero. He was a beat writer for UCLA for a small bit I believe, then left to be a site publisher before getting the "analyst" job.

He actually should apologize to people for his behavior and "unbiased" opinion. Absolute joke.
Just to play Devil's Advocate, but there are many people who have played the game who don't understand it. Or, like our 2013 OC, there are many coaches who don't understand it either.

The thing to remember about Brown is that he's only played QB for a very brief time, and he's already blowing up into one of the most highly coveted QB prospects in the northeast. I fully expect him to blow up into a borderline 4-star prospect with another year under his belt.

We want this kid.

It's too late.

You should also eat more kale. I hear people eat kale these days.
Mmmmm…I could really go for a nice tall, cold glass of Veggie Boy right now.

Do we have to worry about Rutgers coming into play withBrown if they strike out with Guarantano/Haskins(I believe I read that those were the only two offers they had out right now) , do we root for them to get one of those 2?

Do we have to worry about Rutgers coming into play withBrown if they strike out with Guarantano/Haskins(I believe I read that those were the only two offers they had out right now) , do we root for them to get one of those 2?

I believe we root for them to miss all of them. However, they will not be getting Haskins that's a lock. And I'd be shocked if Brown, a Madei Williams guy, would suddenly swing in that direction.

I don't think we can count out Rutgers here, but I think we're still probably in the lead. It helps that we're recruiting a couple of his friends pretty hard, too.