Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

Which one is brown in that pic? (Please say on the left).

How is the program at St. John-Vianny? Are there any other players there we may be looking at?

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...anney_quarterback_anthony_brown_visits_c.html

St. John Vianney quarterback Anthony Brown a potential quarterback option for Rutgers

By Todderick Hunt | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com The Star-Ledger
Follow on Twitter
on March 16, 2015 at 3:30 PM, updated March 16, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Thursday, St. John Vianney (Holmdel, N.J.) quarterback Anthony Brown, visited Rutgers from 10 a.m. (ET) to 2 p.m, accompanied by his father, Anthony Sr.

The 6-2, 185-pounder holds offers from Syracuse, Northwestern, Wake Forest, Air Force, Temple and Old Dominion, but still awaits a Rutgers offer, following his trip to campus.

"(Kyle Flood) told me about the offering period and how just because you don't have an offer yet doesn't mean they don't want you," said Brown, the No. 25 recruit in the NJ.com Top 50. "That was something I learned while there."

Rutgers went into the 2016 recruiting cycle concentrating their efforts on two quarterbacks -- Bergen Catholic's (Oradell, N.J.) Jarrett Guarantano and Bullis School's (Potomac, Md.) Dwayne Haskins, Jr.

But the staff has been forced to seek additional options as it appears their recruitment could play out over time.

Quarterback recruiting is unlike that of any other position as only one player can play at a time. Hence, the top quarterbacks often come off the board early, creating a sense of urgency for programs to land their guy expeditiously.

Rutgers recently offered Anthony Russo, a 6-4, 220-pounder from Archbishop Wood (Warminster, Pa.), and they've now begun to evaluate Brown, the top dual-threat quarterback in New Jersey.

But it all comes down to fit and whether they believe Brown's skill-set translates to what they hope to accomplish in their pro-style offense.

A three-star recruit, Brown currently runs a wide open spread attack with an emphasis on read option.

However, Madei Williams, former Syracuse quarterback, who also played professionally overseas, believes Brown has the tools to make the transition. Williams is a highly sought-after trainer of some of the top quarterbacks in New Jersey, and he had high praise for the talented junior.

"He's one of those kids similar to Brandon (Wimbush), that is a guy who is a pass-first type of quarterback, who has the ability to extend plays and make things happen with his feet," Williams said of Brown, last November. "He's just a naturally smooth and gifted athlete, but he's patient enough to go through his full progression and let the play, play out."

Brown says he enjoyed his time on campus but would need an offer from Rutgers to truly factor them into the equation.

"The visit went great. I like the school, everything about the visit was great. But it's just hard for me to really consider the school without an offer," he said.

In 2014, Brown accumulated 2,144 passing yards and 24 TDs through the air (to only five INTs) on 139-of-221 passing. He also rushed for 708 yards and eight additional TDs.

Brown has been told by Syracuse coaches that he's the top quarterback on their board.

Stick with NJ.com to find out if Brown eventually receives a Rutgers opportunity.

Backup option for freaking Rutgers...

...or the highest priority QB for Syracuse?

Come on, Action Brown. You know what to do.

Playing for New York St, the Empire State, or the jabronis of New Brunswick.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...anney_quarterback_anthony_brown_visits_c.html

St. John Vianney quarterback Anthony Brown a potential quarterback option for Rutgers

By Todderick Hunt | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com The Star-Ledger
Follow on Twitter
on March 16, 2015 at 3:30 PM, updated March 16, 2015 at 4:21 PM

"(Kyle Flood) told me about the offering period and how just because you don't have an offer yet doesn't mean they don't want you," said Brown, the No. 25 recruit in the NJ.com Top 50. "That was something I learned while there."

"The visit went great. I like the school, everything about the visit was great. But it's just hard for me to really consider the school without an offer," he said.

Stick with NJ.com to find out if Brown eventually receives a Rutgers opportunity.

In other words, this kid isn't stupid. Do kids really fall for the "just because you don't have an offer yet doesn't mean they don't want you" BS?

I know I can't keep my mouth shut and it gets me in trouble some times, but I'd call that BS in a second!

I think this battle will rage on for a little while, Brown's offer list will undoubtedly grow, and I like our chances. This is why:

We'll have been one of the first on him.
We'll have been one of the first to offer and tell him that he's our First Priority.
The staff has already spent time integrating him into some of the thing's they're doing.
The bond is growing.
Mom and dad were both on his visit, an unofficial visit, that they took on their own dime. The consideration is serious.
Our staff has shown an ability to be persistent on the trail, others will come and go in terms of their pursuit aggressiveness. We've heard from multiple people that our message is consistent.
There's a contingent of NJ kids that are bonding very well. The lynchpin is Pickard.
More NJ kids are coming to visit and getting offers, it only helps.

All of the above is contingent upon him remaining our #1 priority and how much time we're willing to give him.

Ultimately, I think he ends up here should that be what the staff really wants. The more NJ the better IMO.

I think this battle will rage on for a little while, Brown's offer list will undoubtedly grow, and I like our chances. This is why:

We'll have been one of the first on him.
We'll have been one of the first to offer and tell him that he's our First Priority.
The staff has already spent time integrating him into some of the thing's they're doing.
The bond is growing.
Mom and dad were both on his visit, an unofficial visit, that they took on their own dime. The consideration is serious.
Our staff has shown an ability to be persistent on the trail, others will come and go in terms of their pursuit aggressiveness. We've heard from multiple people that our message is consistent.
There's a contingent of NJ kids that are bonding very well. The lynchpin is Pickard.
More NJ kids are coming to visit and getting offers, it only helps.

All of the above is contingent upon him remaining our #1 priority and how much time we're willing to give him.

Ultimately, I think he ends up here should that be what the staff really wants. The more NJ the better IMO.
Not to mention, we have a pretty good advocate in his ear at all times in Madei Williams, who still clearly bleeds orange.

Action Brown‏@AnthonyBrown_2 2h2 hours ago

Received an offer from UConn today
1f43e.png

From twitter:

Blessed to receive an offer from Boston College #WeAreBC http://t.co/75wLIZrb5s

I've come around on the WeAre thing. I used to think it stupid and derivative. Now I think every northeastern school should use it. We can be #WeAreSU and Rutgers can be #WeAreFAMILY.

Used to get a kick when Rutgers would do it. Just felt so unsure, especially since it was a question when they said it. "We Are...RU?" I always threw a "no" out there in response.

From twitter:

Blessed to receive an offer from Boston College #WeAreBC http://t.co/75wLIZrb5s

I've come around on the WeAre thing. I used to think it stupid and derivative. Now I think every northeastern school should use it. We can be #WeAreSU and Rutgers can be #WeAreFAMILY.
SU's been using it for years. Haven't you seen the ineffective chant the cheerleaders try from the field pitting one half of the Dome against the other? PSU thinks they have the monopoly on it anyway.

SU's been using it for years. Haven't you seen the ineffective chant the cheerleaders try from the field pitting one half of the Dome against the other? PSU thinks they have the monopoly on it anyway.

I think psu tried to change it to we are ashamed but it didnt catch on.

I think psu tried to change it to we are ashamed but it didnt catch on.
That's because only 3 people are actually ashamed of what happened, the rest are appalled that the football players and head coach/enabler were punished..