Class of 2022 - QB Braden Davis (DE) Transferring From South Carolina to Syracuse (5/11/23) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Braden Davis (DE) Transferring From South Carolina to Syracuse (5/11/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're dreaming if you think the 3rd string will get reps. The 2nd string won't even get reps unless GS is hurt and even then he might not.
I was told that Lamson was going to get series in the first two games.

Lamson had not even cemented Qb2 status. I highly doubt that information is correct.

Agreed. Hey it's April and we are going to tell a QB who is competing for the back up spot that you are going to get series in the first two games come September. I doubt it

Reactions: CIL
I was told Lamson was promised he could return punts and play corner if need be.

Football player position as well. In the two series he would be calling his own plays. Kind of like Peyton Manning. They were calling it the "OMAHA package" Part of the kitchen sink gameplan

Maybe Lamson didnt tell his friend the truth but that is what was relayed to me on the flight.
If they were trying to prevent him from transferring it’s not that unusual to think there would have been some dangling of playing time.

I was told that Lamson was going to get series in the first two games.
Would you honestly put money that a backup won't get time in the Colgate game? I'm all over that if you would.

If they were trying to prevent him from transferring it’s not that unusual to think there would have been some dangling of playing time.
The player i sat next to said that Lamson was told this during his meeting. Of any player on the team this kid would know

The player i sat next to said that Lamson was told this during his meeting. Of any player on the team this kid would know
This player needs a secret name…kind of like Deep Throat. But it should be football related….

This player needs a secret name…kind of like Deep Throat. But it should be football related….
1689172851246.png

Pause

I'm guessing Lamson was a bit ahead at winning the #2 spot but nothing official in the spring. I would say the staff likely said the #2 guy is getting series in the first two games. The first two games are against Colgate and Western Michigan. Doesn't seem all that strange to me.

But if you are indicating the series would be mixed in during the first half before we are blowing them out that would be interesting and surprising to me. Especially considering he still left. That just wouldn't make sense to me.

Ok. Fess up. Shrader took you up in his plane, didn't he?
Ok he was the pilot but me and the other guy were sitting in the back:) Actually it was a united flight from Chicago to Syracuse and thank God the middle seat was empty. Super nice kid very smart and i completely believe him. I don't think that Lamson handled it well, but you can't blame him for believing in himself. I give him credit for laying out his plans to the coaches and asking for a chance to win the job in the fall. I'm sure they countered with we will game plan some series for you the first two games. Again, I was told that being homesick was not the issue. I hope he does well at Stanford. Regardless of how he does on the field he is going to get a great degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom