Class of 2020 - QB Dan Villari (NY/Michigan) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/11/22) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dan Villari (NY/Michigan) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it doesn’t spook Lamson. However, if it does, that means Villari is probably the real deal in which case, I’d be happier than heck.

Villari’s career here will be fun to follow with Beck’s pedigree. Did the QB master find another gem? In any event we needed more competition in the QB room so this is a nice development to see.

Other thing to add is that this staff we have now (Anae/Beck) are on record of liking to recruit great athletes at QB and let the chips fall. And he does fit that bill size/athleticism wise.

Last edited:
My questions about his recruitment still haven't been answered. (Like, why didn't we offer him in HS.)

But, then, the board doesn't exist to answer my questions.

I have one more, though:

Is Ristorante Grimaldi still in business? Somehow, that seems like an appropriate question following this commitment.
Odd recruiting profile on 247. Only rated an 84 out of H.S. Those guys typically get offers from mid majors, and a handful of (I hate to say it) lower tier P5 schools like us, Purdue, Indiana, etc. His lone P5 offer was from a bluish blood program in Michigan, and then a handful of FCS schools, and a few G6. Crootin confuses me.
At the very least, he will push Shrader, and the other QBs to compete, and bring out their best.

My questions about his recruitment still haven't been answered. (Like, why didn't we offer him in HS.)

But, then, the board doesn't exist to answer my questions.

I have one more, though:

Is Ristorante Grimaldi still in business? Somehow, that seems like an appropriate question following this commitment.
He had a great senior year. Cuse came in late like other teams but there wasnt much info on him. Michigan had a commit that medically retired so they added Villari in place of him. They liked his potential. None of us know how good he will be but its a QB that the new staff wanted. Theyve had success with QB's with similar skill sets.

Last edited:
4 years left, yeah this could be great for him and for SU. Hope we have great competition this year. Will he enroll for Spring?
I would be shocked if he does not enroll for the spring semester and play spring football. He didn’t come here to be a backup. If he wants a legit shot at the starting job, he needs to be on campus ASAP.

Not worried about the WRs. Of the 10 scholarship WRs 9 are freshman or sophomores. Come fall they'll have another spring under their belt and an offseason of weight room. They just need some time and reps. Lets hope now we get a great teacher for them. There's no more smurfs. Unit is starting to look the part.

rSO Anthony Queeley 6-2 205
FR Umari Hatcher 6-3 170
FR Kendall Long 6-2 210
SR Devaughn Cooper 5-11 175
FR Trebor Pena 6-0 185
SO Isaiah Jones 6-4 205
FR Damien Alford 6-6 215
rFR Courtney Jackson 5-11 185
FR Ja'Vontae Williams 6-1 210
FR Oronde Gadsden 6-5 210
our young WRs kinda looked like Bamas did last night.. confused and dropping passes. young Wrs being young

The avatar switch worked!

jim carrey harry GIF

Coach Kinder is from LI and played QB at SU, so he might be playing a role in this.

Villari threw for a little over 1300 yards and 13 TDs as a senior at Plainridge. The thing that made himself special was his running. He ran for over 1500 yards and 25 TDs as a senior. A guy who is 6’4, 235 and can throw and run would be a great fit for the offense we are putting in here. He could line up at QB, WR, TE, H-back. You name it. As Money says, Coach Anae and Coach Beck are good at identifying useful pieces for the offense and tweaking things to leverage the weapons they have.

Villari is the type of guy they could carve out a role for and leverage his unique talents really well. I think we are selling him on this and if he likes what he hears, we have a great chance to bring him in.
I like the way he throws. Much better technique than our present starter

Can we run the wishbone with nothing but QBs?

Asking for a friend, seriously though can you image the sets, formations and plays that Ana’s is going to come up with for the Shredder and this kid!
Isn’t the multiple running-throwing options out of the backfield more of a single wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom