Class of 2020 - QB Dan Villari (NY/Michigan) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/11/22) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dan Villari (NY/Michigan) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting offer; since it came now it seems that both our new offense coaches must see him as a good bet for their schemes!

During his Michigan recruitment ...
If Stroud would’ve picked Michigan, Villari said he was planning to wait until National Signing Day on Feb. 5 to see if three schools – Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh and Syracuse – would give him a scholarship offer.

Seems like with Daniels cooling off a bit, this could be the QB move they want. Also fits the new offensive scheme of getting athletic guys on the field.

Former SU player John Kinder's QB on LI. Can't hurt? I know John didn't play much while at SU - hope his experience wasn't soured by that.

Coach Kinder is from LI and played QB at SU, so he might be playing a role in this.

Villari threw for a little over 1300 yards and 13 TDs as a senior at Plainridge. The thing that made himself special was his running. He ran for over 1500 yards and 25 TDs as a senior. A guy who is 6’4, 235 and can throw and run would be a great fit for the offense we are putting in here. He could line up at QB, WR, TE, H-back. You name it. As Money says, Coach Anae and Coach Beck are good at identifying useful pieces for the offense and tweaking things to leverage the weapons they have.

Villari is the type of guy they could carve out a role for and leverage his unique talents really well. I think we are selling him on this and if he likes what he hears, we have a great chance to bring him in.

ok oK ok I was hoping for some offensive position offers coming out this week this certainly fits that bill. Fits the description of what the new staff is looking for in a QB. Would be a wonderful addition to our squad and able to come in a challenge for QB1.

Please tell me this guy can throw. Every highlight I see makes me think we have yet another mostly run/very little pass guy coming in. All i see are runs and floating passes. I don't see any real arm strength. It's like Garrett Shrader 2.0.

:|

NOTE- Twitter says he has a strong arm so maybe I am just seeing the wrong highlights

Last edited:
Sigh.

Please tell me this guy can throw. Every highlight I see makes me think we have yet another mostly run/very little pass guy coming in. All i see are runs and floating passes. I don't see any real arm strength. It's like Garrett Shrader 2.0.

We need an offense that is close to 50% passing, and uses a lot of the middle of the field in the intermediate game when passing

:|
I’m no quarterbakologist, but this kid looks like he throws the ball 50 yards with a flick of the wrist. And, I think that Shrader has a strong arm, he just has crappy mechanics.

I’m no quarterbakologist, but this kid looks like he throws the ball 50 yards with a flick of the wrist. And, I think that Shrader has a strong arm, he just has crappy mechanics.
Fair. But can he throw the ball 15 yards into a tight window? Thats what we are lacking.

Maybe he can. I am seeing lots of people smarter than me on the Twittersphere excited about him

Rumors are John Harbaugh is sniffing around a return to the NFL and has relayed this info to potential recruits (which seems shocking but honest) so current players Im sure are aware as well.

Raiders and Bears are the potential landing spots.

As a side note how about an offense with 2 QBs that have the potential to run, I might like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom