Class of 2020 - QB Dan Villari (NY/Michigan) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/11/22) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dan Villari (NY/Michigan) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to Dan Villari on the local orange nation show on ESPN Syracuse Radio.

Kid looked up to Eric Dungey (brings a tear to my eye lol)

Anae and Beck was a huge decision in coming here. Respects them a lot. (instant pay off with our new coaching hires)

Dreamed of going to Cuse.

Harbaugh told him he always has a spot at Michigan if transferring did not work out. (speaks volumes of his character)

Loves using his physicality in the running game. He wants to run people over and hurdle ppl. (refer to him looking up to Dungey)

He feels he can make any throw on the field with his arm.

LETS GO IM PUMPED

Just listened to Dan Villari on the local orange nation show on ESPN Syracuse Radio.

Kid looked up to Eric Dungey (brings a tear to my eye lol)

Anae and Beck was a huge decision in coming here. Respects them a lot. (instant pay off with our new coaching hires)

Dreamed of going to Cuse.

Harbaugh told him he always has a spot at Michigan if transferring did not work out. (speaks volumes of his character)

Loves using his physicality in the running game. He wants to run people over and hurdle ppl. (refer to him looking up to Dungey)

He feels he can make any throw on the field with his arm.

LETS GO IM PUMPED
If he doesn't ninja kick someone on the field over the time he's eligible here this pickup was wasted.

I just want a wide-open quarterback competition in the spring with each player getting a shot. None of this "Shrader is the incumbent and we've got only so many reps to give out so he'll get half of them" stuff. Expect an exodus among those who don't get the job each year so they all need to get their shot.

Capture_ED_Purple.PNG

Agreed but we don't know if he thinks this QB is better than what we have. All we know is we needed a 4th QB in the room and our staff offered this kid.

It is funny how quickly people jump to conclusions and they should look at the Georgia kid before jumping to conclusions. Predicting the QB position might be the hardest job in sports.
Guys who are experts and spend their whole career gauging qb’s, whiff. It’s such an inaccurate science.

I like guys who don’t blink when they get punched in the face. Because so much of the position is about being able to deliver in the face of pressure.

The athleticism is a given. But his HS film he’s putting the ball in tight windows without much receiver separation. Typically HS guys are throwing to wide open WR’s, so I definitely like that.

It’s obviously a highlight tape, but there’s definitely some good stuff there prior to 2 years worth of work under Harbaugh.
Valleri shows an accurate arm, but on almost every throw he immediately locks on to his primary target. As young college QBs develop, they learn to see the entire field and pick out an open secondary or tertiary receiver. The really good NFL QBs (Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes) take this a step futher with the unique ability to fool the coverage by "looking off" the intended receiver, or even throwing a "no-look" pass on occasion.
To take his game to the next level. it's something Vallari needs to work on IMO.

Yes, I am. Arbiter is a self-appointed role on the board. I've certainly graciously accepted additional arbitration appointments from myself and simply forgotten.

As for my schedule... have you ever seen my appointment book for seeing people in Hell?
I’ll be sitting across the table from you!

Valleri shows an accurate arm, but on almost every throw he immediately locks on to his primary target. As young college QBs develop, they learn to see the entire field and pick out an open secondary or tertiary receiver. The really good NFL QBs (Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes) take this a step futher with the unique ability to fool the coverage by "looking off" the intended receiver, or even throwing a "no-look" pass on occasion.
To take his game to the next level. it's something Vallari needs to work on IMO.
In HS the primary guy is usually open!

QB is obviously the toughest position to find playing time. Only 1 can play. Can't worry about hurt feelings. Load up the roster and let the chips fall where they may.

"A rising tide lifts all boats" JFK

Let the competition begin.

Anytime I hear “big arm” THATS all I ever heard with devito and that got us no where. Would love a game manager. Smart decision maker and someone who can lead a team. Please let’s just start there
think I read the kids 23-0 in his last two HS years, that screams winner and good game manager to me. This is going to be fun. Love me some shrader but its going to be a great competition. I'd like to believe all these coaches know how to keep everyone happy, somehow utilize them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom