Class of 2019 - QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20)

NCAA D1 Council delays votes on athlete compensation, transfers - oregonlive.com

The NCAA delayed votes on legislation that would permit college athletes to cash in on their popularity for the first time and to transfer to another school without having to sit out one year.
Given the delay in voting and no projections on when the vote will occur, I wonder if Syracuse and Shrader have already submitted a waiver request for 2021 based on the fact that the transfer was made because the NCAA said that they were going to implement the change in January.

1st time I've felt comfortable at QB in a while. A QB injury shouldn't be an automatic death to the season like it has been the past few years.

Yeah. It's like having 4 centers in basketball...

Sounds like not yet
Considering over 80% of waiver requests were approved this past season and indications were that a blanket one time exemption would be in place for next, I can't beleive that even the NCAA can blow this one u[. Bleich likely would have received the waiver if his request did not lean on medical incompetence at Florida.

Considering over 80% of waiver requests were approved this past season and indications were that a blanket one time exemption would be in place for next, I can't beleive that even the NCAA can blow this one u[. Bleich likely would have received the waiver if his request did not lean on medical incompetence at Florida.
It will forever blow my mind that in a season where nobody lost a year of eligibility, the NCAA didn't waive everyone's transfer.

Given the delay in voting and no projections on when the vote will occur, I wonder if Syracuse and Shrader have already submitted a waiver request for 2021 based on the fact that the transfer was made because the NCAA said that they were going to implement the change in January.
Why even bother? The NCAA isn’t going to award a waiver to a program like Syracuse. They aren’t profitable enough for the NCAA. It’s the risk Shrader took by picking Syracuse instead of a factory school without the vote having already occurred.

Why even bother? The NCAA isn’t going to award a waiver to a program like Syracuse. They aren’t profitable enough for the NCAA. It’s the risk Shrader took by picking Syracuse instead of a factory school without the vote having already occurred.
It’s not profits, it’s lawyering and agents and back channels

If I were coach, unless my compliance office said otherwise, I would parallel path the waiver with the NCAA council and their supposed vote on the one year waiver. I mean why wouldn't you given what has transpired? What is the possible downside?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom