Class of 2019 - QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20) | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20)

Grizzly Adams will bring us back to glory!

ffeaf515-05f7-45f0-b147-3ae010b85f60_text.gif

The thing about Shrader that I keep coming back to is his HS rankings. If we'd landed that kid out of HS, there wouldn't be a second thought about him starting.

Also factor in that he performed as a true frosh against elite defenses like Auburn, Tennessee, LSU, etc. and I think we can extrapolate that he's got the chops to play P5.

Now, we have an incumbent in place who also came in with accolades [Elite 11], but who has struggled on the field. DeVito is going to have his work cut out for him to hang onto the job. Glad Shrader's in for spring ball -- that will help accelerate his developmental curve in our system.

May the best player win the PT. Don't care which one of them it is. But we need to have a winning season and get back to a bowl THIS YEAR. Which to me means that DeVito -- even if he wins the starting role -- will be on a much shorter leash if he doesn't move the sticks and put points on the board. Dino can't afford another 4 - 5 win season.

We’re not even sure Shrader is eligible this season are we? Doesn’t he have to be granted a waiver?

Yes.
I can not say I am keeping up with all the transfer rule changes, but I thought he would be eligible due to covid to make a one time transfer without a waiver.

I can not say I am keeping up with all the transfer rule changes, but I thought he would be eligible due to covid to make a one time transfer without a waiver.
That's not official.

That's not official.

The Council affirmed its preference to vote as soon as April on a legislative proposal that would provide student-athletes the opportunity to compete immediately after transfer, no matter what sport they play.

We should know soon.

I don’t care if he looks like a ZZ Top member if can win games. He has some skills that we can use. I think he will make some plays that will make you jump out of your seat and others that will leave you scratching your head.
I think those Sorority Members might think differently

The Council affirmed its preference to vote as soon as April on a legislative proposal that would provide student-athletes the opportunity to compete immediately after transfer, no matter what sport they play.

We should know soon.
Someone needs to shoot a legal arrow across their bow before they decide.

I would figure shrader already filed his appeal and has lawyers working on it in case immediate eligibility does not happen.

Just read on ESPN that one time transfer without sitting a year was approved by NCAA today. So GS is officially in play for the upcoming season. The QB room officially is more competitive today and thats a good thing for the team.

Has this guy transferred to syracuse yet? If not, wth is taking so long?

I am not a fan of this rule at all. It's going to lead to a lot of impulsive decisions by 18-20 year olds, and the ruining of recruiting classes that coaching staffs work year-round to put together. The attrition and turnover is going to be horrifying. Not a fan at all.

However, I am happy that this means Garrett can play this year.
If a regular student can transfer colleges why can't a student-athlete? If a coach can leave a team and immediately go coach somewhere else why can't a student-athlete? All these rules exist to protect the institutions, not the players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom