Class of 2017 - QB Jack Coan (NY) Verbal to Wisconsin | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 QB Jack Coan (NY) Verbal to Wisconsin

Jack Coan would be the perfect fit for Dinoball and a huge NYS pickup for the Cuse.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Coan must not have paid for the most recent Scout combine. Downgraded to a 3* and out of the top 300 without even taking a snap...
Might be worth $9.95 to hear Dohn spin it on TOS.

Last edited:
Might be worth $9.95 to hear Dohn spin it on TOS.
According to him he did his job and watched some game tapes. Also talked to some people. What a joke.

well dohner the boner must not have talked to

Boston College

Indiana

Louisville

Maryland

Miami

Michigan

Nebraska

Northwestern

Rutgers

Syracuse

Temple

Wake Forest

West Virginia AND

Wisconsin because they would disagree with his eyeballs and the 'people he talked to'.

Reactions: CIL
Coan must not have paid for the most recent Scout combine. Downgraded to a 3* and out of the top 300 without even taking a snap...
This is great news! He must have some serious interest in Syracuse. ;)

Predictable...

Seems like we did all we could for an initial visit...gonna be a battle with the big boys

Who are the "big boys" in this battle? Heard Michigan early then they took someone higher on their board, then heard Stanford and they never offered a scholarship and signed someone at the top of their board, Notre Dame doesn't seem overly interested, Penn State has their 2017 QB, Miami has guys higher on the food chain than Coan also. So what offers does he have where he'll be the true #1 QB coming in for the 2017 class?

Of the actual offers that are in the public domain it would seem the biggest competition is Wisconsin, Northwestern, WVU, Maryland and Louisville. While all have had better recent history I'm not sure I would call any of them "big boys" when it comes to D-I football. If we truly want to be competitive and recruit a Top 30 QB (not shooting for the moon) then they will have multiple P5 offers or they wouldn't be a Top 30 QB.

Imo, this doesn't seem as hopeless from a recruiting standpoint as some propose. If he's gonna commit early (as most top QB do) then we would seem to be in the class of his best available options if we want him as a top of the board guy.

Who are the "big boys" in this battle? Heard Michigan early then they took someone higher on their board, then heard Stanford and they never offered a scholarship and signed someone at the top of their board, Notre Dame doesn't seem overly interested, Penn State has their 2017 QB, Miami has guys higher on the food chain than Coan also. So what offers does he have where he'll be the true #1 QB coming in for the 2017 class?

Of the actual offers that are in the public domain it would seem the biggest competition is Wisconsin, Northwestern, WVU, Maryland and Louisville. While all have had better recent history I'm not sure I would call any of them "big boys" when it comes to D-I football. If we truly want to be competitive and recruit a Top 30 QB (not shooting for the moon) then they will have multiple P5 offers or they wouldn't be a Top 30 QB.

Imo, this doesn't seem as hopeless from a recruiting standpoint as some propose. If he's gonna commit early (as most top QB do) then we would seem to be in the class of his best available options if we want him as a top of the board guy.

that's just it. a lot of the schools that would've been players have committed QB's early. But naturally things will change.

He may not be our top guy at this point? I don't know

Stanford just got a commit from their top guy so they're not going to be an option.

I hope it is Kasim Hill who SU is going to go after the hardest.. He to me is by far the best QB that we are after. I think all along HCDB has Hill his #1 guy. It is just my opinion tho. I would like Hill on the Hill. :)

Coan looks like a Wisconsin QB. Slow, pocket QB. Perfect for their style.

His loss.

(I've never said that before. That's how confident I am in Babers and this program. Not that my level of confidence means a damn thing. Ok now I'm just babbling. Why are you still reading this?)

Said from day 1 it would be tough to get into his "schools considered". The staff did a good job getting him up here and making him think a little bit but in the end we just never stacked up to other schools.

Need a regional QB like Devito now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom