Class of 2017 - QB Jack Coan (NY) Verbal to Wisconsin | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 QB Jack Coan (NY) Verbal to Wisconsin

It's nice that they're talking about a Long Island kid who used to be a lax commit and is now getting football scholarship offers, and skip right from his Miami offer to Michigan and Rutgers without mentioning the in-state D1 school that oh by the way is a lacrosse national power whose best player in football and arguably best player in lacrosse is also from Long Island.

It's nice that they're talking about a Long Island kid who used to be a lax commit and is now getting football scholarship offers, and skip right from his Miami offer to Michigan and Rutgers without mentioning the in-state D1 school that oh by the way is a lacrosse national power whose best player in football and arguably best player in lacrosse is also from Long Island.

Of course, there is no possible way he commits to crappy ole Cuse. Just like there was no way Robert Washington would commit to us, as people like smirky RU homer Dohn would believe. Now that RW is committed, there is no way he sticks with crappy ole Cuse. Same old same old. Of course, we need to stick it to everyone and land the kid.

When you have a premier program like the State U of Jersey interested, why bother talking about anyone else?

Articles like these that leave out a Syracuse offer in his own state drive me nuts. It is exactly why we need to have a big signature win this year to help national perception. I feel recruiting is doing well but I believe with a solid season and big win it will be a shot in the arm that we could use.

Articles like these that leave out a Syracuse offer in his own state drive me nuts. It is exactly why we need to have a big signature win this year to help national perception. I feel recruiting is doing well but I believe with a solid season and big win it will be a shot in the arm that we could use.
On the bright side, I can say with 100% certainty that Coan is very aware of our most famous football/lacrosse star from Long Island, even if these national "pundits" don't want to mention the connection.

On the bright side, I can say with 100% certainty that Coan is very aware of our most famous football/lacrosse star from Long Island, even if these national "pundits" don't want to mention the connection.

Which is good but I guess my issue is lack of respect. It feels as though we are an after thought. I get that we haven't been good but all teams go through lulls. Which is why a respectable season and a big win I think would be great for perception. I am happy with the kids we have coming in and hope to keep that trend.

Which is good but I guess my issue is lack of respect. It feels as though we are an after thought. I get that we haven't been good but all teams go through lulls. Which is why a respectable season and a big win I think would be great for perception. I am happy with the kids we have coming in and hope to keep that trend.
Oh I know, it irritates me as well. I'm just saying, no matter what the idiots in the press say, Coan is very much aware of what SU has to offer. So in reality, it doesn't matter what they say. But I agree with you.

From the Rovals article that CL has been going through for guys like Hansard...

201. Jack Coan, 4-star quarterback, Sayville (NY) Sayville: Coan is an incredible talent out of New York and someone that the Syracuse coaching staff should make a priority. Keeping in state talent in state is something that needs to be more of a focus. However, Coan has told CuseConfidential.com that he is looking at high profile teams.

(In other words - it's Michigan)

201. Jack Coan, 4-star quarterback, Sayville (NY) Sayville: Coan is an incredible talent out of New York and someone that the Syracuse coaching staff should make a priority. Keeping in state talent in state is something that needs to be more of a focus. However, Coan has told . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . that he is looking at high profile teams.

Jack-Nicholson.gif

201. Jack Coan, 4-star quarterback, Sayville (NY) Sayville: Coan is an incredible talent out of New York and someone that the Syracuse coaching staff should make a priority. Keeping in state talent in state is something that needs to be more of a focus. However, Coan has told . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . that he is looking at high profile teams.

LOL. I was trying to only post positive things from that article. Warm fuzzies if you will. ;)

jekelish said:
From the Rovals article that CL has been going through for guys like Hansard... 201. Jack Coan, 4-star quarterback, Sayville (NY) Sayville: Coan is an incredible talent out of New York and someone that the Syracuse coaching staff should make a priority. Keeping in state talent in state is something that needs to be more of a focus. However, Coan has told . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . that he is looking at high profile teams. (In other words - it's Michigan)

Another brick in the wall

Has Coan even visited Syracuse yet? I think we all know where this one is going...

Ann Arbor.

That's fine. His loss. We've got a great Frosh QB, 2 really good looking QB recruits in the '16 class, and a number of other QB recruits that we're looking at in '17.

It's nice to be at a point now where if we lose out on a "blue chip" NYS recruit who has stars in his eyes, it really doesn't matter. Get on the Orange Express or get run over by it.

Any new insider news on this kid re: whether or not we've made contact? Here's a guy from in-state that Babers and company should be all over with the Garrappolo and Romo innuendos and playing up how Don MacPherson, another QB from LI, came within whiskers of winning the Heisman at SU.

I think since our earlier contact with him it was the old staff of HCSS. I think by the time we get to a final run on this guy and with our new head coach Dino Babers, you will see a team waiting for him to take over or to fight to take over loaded with top tier talented receivers and a team ready to back you all theway and a stadium full of the up most enthusiastic fans around, including Ann Arbor. Bring your talent to the Hill and be one of the ones to put the final touches on putting Syracuse back up where they were meant to be.

That's fine. His loss. We've got a great Frosh QB, 2 really good looking QB recruits in the '16 class, and a number of other QB recruits that we're looking at in '17.

It's nice to be at a point now where if we lose out on a "blue chip" NYS recruit who has stars in his eyes, it really doesn't matter. Get on the Orange Express or get run over by it.

Wow what a difference 4 months makes. I made this post right after the LSU game. How things have changed since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom