Class of 2014 - QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan

It would be nice to flip a verbal to a Texas school. A little "tit for tat" :p

The situation is so fluid, this is a prime example why not to get your panties in a bunch when it comes to the recruiting class. We're going to lose recruits but there's going to be other opportunities that open up as well. This would be a hell of a recovery to offset the Zach Allen loss.

Call me crazy, but I think this kid is just as good as Allen from what I have seen of their short tape. If there is anyway we could somehow steal this kid, that would be excellent.

Maybe one selling point is he can come in and compete right away?

No real inside info on this, but do know that hcss does still have a good relationship with Bob Casullo.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Nice to know that Shafer doesn't burn bridges.

He looks a ton better in the last half of the video. First half he seems weak in the upper body and has a lazy sidearmed release.

If we could somehow grab this kid, and then land Laray, even with the loss of ZA I think we would have to consider this class a giant win, all things considered.

If we could somehow grab this kid, and then land Laray, even with the loss of ZA I think we would have to consider this class a giant win, all things considered.

But the class isn't rated very high, none of these players are any good, and not nearly enough stars

285_top_10_list.jpg

I for one look forward to seeing John "Freak on a Leash" O'Korn in Syracuse Orange.
That might be a very optimistic post considering he isn't yet even a verbal. But I would agree he would be a very good player in orange uniform and acoutrements.

I could be wrong but it seems there is no point in offering this kid if the staff doesn't have some sort of "in", this late in the game anyway. Seems like a decent sign that he at least mentioned the offer on twitter, no point if you have zero interest. Not saying we get him but sounds like we might have a chance to at least get in his ear and make things interesting.

Bring in Casullo and Roger Harriott (kidding on Harriott). Remember Harriott accepted the Syracuse RB job and then a few days later he changed his mind? Harriott is still running the University school program down there and churning out D1 recruits.

I'm not very optimistic that we'll end up landing Korn. He's got some nice offers, bit of a head scratcher that he chose Houston to being with.

ESPN scouts - Doesn't have a rocket arm, but is very accurate with the ball and has a super quick release. Utilizes his pinpoint accuracy, quick release, and lookoff ability to deliver the ball to the leverage point of receivers. Additionally, lists his 40 time as 4.97, so definitely a pocket passer.

Sounds like he's a perfect fit for a west coast type offense.

Hmmm my first impression was Andrew Robinson (that was GROBs qb?) but this kid looks more athletic. I would not mind getting him.

ESPN scouts - Doesn't have a rocket arm, but is very accurate with the ball and has a super quick release. Utilizes his pinpoint accuracy, quick release, and lookoff ability to deliver the ball to the leverage point of receivers. Additionally, lists his 40 time as 4.97, so definitely a pocket passer.

Sounds like he's a perfect fit for a west coast type offense.

After watching his film from the second half of his Sr season, there is no way that kid only runs a 4.97. He is a guy that will be closer to 4.7 by the time he hits campus (wherever that may be).

Like this tidbit from Scout!

things I learned from two weekends of the state championship games in Orlando, Fla. All video is in high definition.
1) I learned that signal callers Mike White and John O’Korn are two very good quarterback prospects. Both have great size. White is 6-foot- 5 and 195 pounds and O’Korn stands 6-foot-4 and weighs 205-pounds. They both have big arms and they both can run.
10 minutes after leading Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) University School to a state championship win over Madison County, USF offered White a scholarship. He committed to Willie Taggart right on the spot. Meanwhile O’Korn has been committed to Houston for some time. There’s no question he will pick up more offers just based off of his awesome state title performance for St. Thomas Aquinas in their win over Tallahassee Lincoln.