Class of 2014 - QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan

How about his True Freshman stats at Houston. When he threw for 28 TD's and ran for 1 for a total of 29 TD's

Hunt has 24 TOTAL TD's in his career 11 passing and 13 rushing.
I deleted my post...I thought you were referring to Allen.

Is TCU running a new style of offense with more than one QB on the field. It sounds like all these guys are trying to go there. :)

How about his True Freshman stats at Houston. When he threw for 28 TD's and ran for 1 for a total of 29 TD's

Hunt has 24 TOTAL TD's in his career 11 passing and 13 rushing.
Let's take a quick look at the Houston schedule. And keep in mind this is the same school that made Case Keenum throw the ball 70 times a game.

Southern University
Temple
Rice
UTSA
Memphis
BYU
Rutgers
USF
Lville
Cincy
SMU
Vandy

What a loaded schedule! Houston is in a talent-rich state and area -- there's no reason he shouldn't have good players playing there. Against UCF, Ville and Cincy, SU's peers, he lost every game and completed less than 50% of his passes. You can tout stats and trot them out to make it sound like a great idea, but once you put them in context, evidence falls apart. He got benched for a WR, too.

Let's take a quick look at the Houston schedule. And keep in mind this is the same school that made Case Keenum throw the ball 70 times a game.

Southern University
Temple
Rice
UTSA
Memphis
BYU
Rutgers
USF
Lville
Cincy
SMU
Vandy

What a loaded schedule! Houston is in a talent-rich state and area -- there's no reason he shouldn't have good players playing there. Against UCF, Ville and Cincy, SU's peers, he lost every game and completed less than 50% of his passes. You can tout stats and trot them out to make it sound like a great idea, but once you put them in context, evidence falls apart. He got benched for a WR, too.
Syracuse QB passing stats in 2014:

vs Villanova: 22-35, 184 yards, 0 TD (Riley Dixon threw the only TD this game), 0 INT
vs CMU: 20-30, 175 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
vs MD: 14-28, 219 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT
vs ND: 22-38, 294 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT
vs Louisville: 17-32, 201 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT (last game with Hunt)
vs FSU: 21-36, 256 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT
vs Wake: 22-32, 171 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
vs Clemson: 12-27, 82 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT
vs NC St: 22-42, 307 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
vs Duke: 17-32, 105 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT
vs Pitt: 10-19, 149 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT
vs BC: 8-20, 66 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT

Quarterbacks who will be on the roster (presumably) when O'Korn gains eligbility will have combined for career stats of: 117-215 (54.4%), 1188 yards, 4 TD/12 INT

O'Korn's career numbers, by comparison: 349-619 (56.4%), 4068 yards, 34 TD/18 INT

I know that O'Korn isn't exactly a sure thing based on his performance last year and the fact that he was in a QB friendly system, but come on...let's not act like we have a lot of other viable options. It's worth taking a chance.

Last edited:

Southern University
Temple
Rice
UTSA
Memphis
BYU
Rutgers
USF
Lville
Cincy
SMU
Vandy

wow he lost every game? single handily or with help?

vs Villanova: 22-35, 184 yards, 0 TD (Riley Dixon threw the only TD this game), 0 INT

I know that O'Korn isn't exactly a sure thing based on his performance last year and the fact that he was in a QB friendly system, but come on...let's not act like we have a lot of other viable options. It's worth taking a chance.

He really had 2 bad games last year. 2 were good and 1 was average. The 2 bad games were really bad especially the season opener.

I agree with you that he's worth taking a chance on. And I do think he's good -- not entirely sure HOW good -- but to say he'd automatically be the best QB on the team is far from a foregone conclusion, which is what I was trying to say.

wow he lost every game? single handily or with help?
His stats in those games tend to lead that he played poorly against the best teams on his schedule. Teams he'd be facing nearly every week in the ACC.

Houston was pegged third in the AAC this year but that has not gone to plan – at all. Houston opened the season and brand new TDECU Stadium with a 27-7 loss to UTSA in which O’Korn tossed four interceptions, and things haven’t gotten much better from there. For the year O’Korn is completely a shade under 52 percent of his passes for 188.8 yards per game with six touchdowns and eight interceptions. After throwing a pick every 25.9 throws as a freshman, O’Korn’s interception rate has more than doubled to one oskie for every 11.1 attempts.

Head coach Tony Levine replaced O’Korn during the Cougars’ 17-12 loss to Central Florida after he connected on just 12-of-26 passes for 98 yards with no scores and two interceptions for the versatile sophomore Greg Ward, Jr. - have you ever heard a more perfect NASCAR name in your life? – who completed 10-of-17 passes for 116 yards with no interceptions in the loss.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...john-okorn-for-versatile-backup-greg-ward-jr/

12 for 26 with 98 yards and 2 INT, 0 TD seems like the box score for out Qbs 75% of the time.
I would love to give him a shot, but you gotta wonder what the heck happened... thats quite a regression in stats.

I agree with you that he's worth taking a chance on. And I do think he's good -- not entirely sure HOW good -- but to say he'd automatically be the best QB on the team is far from a foregone conclusion, which is what I was trying to say.

His stats in those games tend to lead that he played poorly against the best teams on his schedule. Teams he'd be facing nearly every week in the ACC.
But to your second point...his best game by far was against BYU (300+ yards, 3 TD, 0 INT), which is a team that went to a bowl game this year.

Quarterbacks who will be on the roster (presumably) when O'Korn gains eligbility will have combined for career stats of: 117-215 (54.4%), 1188 yards, 4 TD/12 INT

O'Korn's career numbers, by comparison: 349-619 (56.4%), 4068 yards, 34 TD/18 INT

Jesus, we really only had 5 passing touchdowns ALL SEASON?? That is borderline impossible.

Jesus, we really only had 5 passing touchdowns ALL SEASON?? That is borderline impossible.

Pretty hard to make the 12 TD passes we threw in 2013 look really good, but dammit 2014 did just that! You would think we have been running the triple option the last two seasons.

Offensive futility matched only by our barn-burning RB rushing TD total...

Offensive futility matched only by our barn-burning RB rushing TD total...
Hunt only had 3 TD passes in what, half a season. AJ throws two, in his first start…..but that was it! Our offense was so bad last year. I have no idea why there is even a debate about O'KORN….LET'S GO OUT AND OFFER THE KID!!!!

Hunt only had 3 TD passes in what, half a season. AJ throws two, in his first start…..but that was it! Our offense was so bad last year. I have no idea why there is even a debate about O'KORN….LET'S GO OUT AND OFFER THE KID!!!!
Hunt only threw 1 touchdown this season before he got hurt. AJ threw four but had 8 picks. No touchdowns for Wilson.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Am told that John O'Korn is considering #Texas & #UF among his transfer options. He threw 34 TDs, 18 INTs in 2 yrs at #Houston.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Am told that John O'Korn is considering #Texas & #UF among his transfer options. He threw 34 TDs, 18 INTs in 2 yrs at #Houston.

Well so much for that.

Well that sucks for us...Terrible