Class of 2014 - QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/01/08/john-okorn-houston-cougars-transferring

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound junior-to-be has three years to play two seasons. After being named the American Athletic Conference's Rookie of the Year as a true freshman in 2013, O’Korn entered this past season with high expectations but lost his starting job after five games to converted wide receiver Greg Ward, Jr.

O’Korn’s commitment to Houston was consider a coup as the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., native set single-season records at nationally renowned powerhouse St. Thomas Aquinas as a senior and was named MVP of the Florida Class 7A state title game. O’Korn only started at Aquinas his senior year, by which time then-Houston coach Tony Levine had already offered him a scholarship. Although offers from SEC and ACC schools came in as O’Korn’s star rose, he stayed loyal to Houston.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/01/08/john-okorn-houston-cougars-transferring

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound junior-to-be has three years to play two seasons. After being named the American Athletic Conference's Rookie of the Year as a true freshman in 2013, O’Korn entered this past season with high expectations but lost his starting job after five games to converted wide receiver Greg Ward, Jr.

O’Korn’s commitment to Houston was consider a coup as the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., native set single-season records at nationally renowned powerhouse St. Thomas Aquinas as a senior and was named MVP of the Florida Class 7A state title game. O’Korn only started at Aquinas his senior year, by which time then-Houston coach Tony Levine had already offered him a scholarship. Although offers from SEC and ACC schools came in as O’Korn’s star rose, he stayed loyal to Houston.
I like this O'Korn kid. I watched him play and start last season as a true freshman and he looked good. This year, I noticed, a more athletic dual threat type QB…with some serious skills had replaced him and I wondered what happened to O'Korn. He is a drop back pocket passer and had some interest in the Cuse coming out of Florida in High School.

I like this O'Korn kid. I watched him play and start last season as a true freshman and he looked good. This year, I noticed, a more athletic dual threat type QB…with some serious skills had replaced him and I wondered what happened to O'Korn. He is a drop back pocket passer and had some interest in the Cuse coming out of Florida in High School.

He's way better than anything we have on the roster now.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 2m2 minutes ago
Per @ThayerEvansSI, Houston QB John O’Korn is transferring. Will be a hot free agent, I imagine.

Heard Houston gave him permission to talk to 4 schools.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 2m2 minutes ago
Per @ThayerEvansSI, Houston QB John O’Korn is transferring. Will be a hot free agent, I imagine.

Heard Houston gave him permission to talk to 4 schools.

I would have to believe we are on that list as well since we were in on him late.

I would have to believe we are on that list as well since we were in on him late.

Gosh I hope so. Kid looked good his freshman year. Sounds like he just didn't fit the offense this past year - still has talent. I could deal with Hunt for one more year if we have O'Korn on the horizon for two years after that.

Gosh I hope so. Kid looked good his freshman year. Sounds like he just didn't fit the offense this past year - still has talent. I could deal with Hunt for one more year if we have O'Korn on the horizon for two years after that.

On top of that I think the change in design of the offense would lend itself better to a QB like O'Korn (more of your standard drop back QB) so this could actually be a job saving get for Lester and Shafer.

fwiw the kid did get benched for an ex-WR turned QB. Not sure if he was injured, but he didn't look nearly as good as he did his Freshman year.

fwiw the kid did get benched for an ex-WR turned QB. Not sure if he was injured, but he didn't look nearly as good as he did his Freshman year.
Houston was pegged third in the AAC this year but that has not gone to plan – at all. Houston opened the season and brand new TDECU Stadium with a 27-7 loss to UTSA in which O’Korn tossed four interceptions, and things haven’t gotten much better from there. For the year O’Korn is completely a shade under 52 percent of his passes for 188.8 yards per game with six touchdowns and eight interceptions. After throwing a pick every 25.9 throws as a freshman, O’Korn’s interception rate has more than doubled to one oskie for every 11.1 attempts.

Head coach Tony Levine replaced O’Korn during the Cougars’ 17-12 loss to Central Florida after he connected on just 12-of-26 passes for 98 yards with no scores and two interceptions for the versatile sophomore Greg Ward, Jr. - have you ever heard a more perfect NASCAR name in your life? – who completed 10-of-17 passes for 116 yards with no interceptions in the loss.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...john-okorn-for-versatile-backup-greg-ward-jr/

Houston was pegged third in the AAC this year but that has not gone to plan – at all. Houston opened the season and brand new TDECU Stadium with a 27-7 loss to UTSA in which O’Korn tossed four interceptions, and things haven’t gotten much better from there. For the year O’Korn is completely a shade under 52 percent of his passes for 188.8 yards per game with six touchdowns and eight interceptions. After throwing a pick every 25.9 throws as a freshman, O’Korn’s interception rate has more than doubled to one oskie for every 11.1 attempts.

Head coach Tony Levine replaced O’Korn during the Cougars’ 17-12 loss to Central Florida after he connected on just 12-of-26 passes for 98 yards with no scores and two interceptions for the versatile sophomore Greg Ward, Jr. - have you ever heard a more perfect NASCAR name in your life? – who completed 10-of-17 passes for 116 yards with no interceptions in the loss.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...john-okorn-for-versatile-backup-greg-ward-jr/
Then, he should fit right in.

th

What stats?

His HS stats?

How about his True Freshman stats at Houston. When he threw for 28 TD's and ran for 1 for a total of 29 TD's

Hunt has 24 TOTAL TD's in his career 11 passing and 13 rushing.