Class of 2014 - QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan

Now that I think about it, why would he tweet about a conference instead of about an individual team? It's not like he has a desperate need to join any one conference, based on the teams he was trying to join.

No.. now stop right there.. don't over analyze it ...it's Twitter.

FYI classes at Wisconsin start on 1-20 so he has time to late enroll there, unlike Florida. We shall see

I asked the guys on the Bucky's 5th quarter blog about their interest in O'Korn. Here was the response:

so we don’t have a whole lot of info on it yet. We also don’t even officially have a coaching staff yet outside of the HC, so we don’t have a read on what their recruiting tendencies are. Chryst is known as a bit of a QB guru around here, so it’s probably going to come down to who how he feels about the young guys in the program. Honestly, I’m not even sure he’s had any meaningful time to sit down with them yet.

Wiscy has a bunch of QB's on the roster already. O'Korn could get buried on their depth chart. Hmmm... that's what traders call talking my position!

I asked the guys on the Bucky's 5th quarter blog about their interest in O'Korn. Here was the response:

so we don’t have a whole lot of info on it yet. We also don’t even officially have a coaching staff yet outside of the HC, so we don’t have a read on what their recruiting tendencies are. Chryst is known as a bit of a QB guru around here, so it’s probably going to come down to who how he feels about the young guys in the program. Honestly, I’m not even sure he’s had any meaningful time to sit down with them yet.

Great info--thanks!

Wiscy has a bunch of QB's on the roster already. O'Korn could get buried on their depth chart. Hmmm... that's what traders call talking my position!
Plus at least one they're expecting to sign, and a Pitt commit trying to follow Chryst to Wisconsin.

Chryst is a QB guru? When's the last time either school had a good QB? I guess it's all relative.

Chryst is a QB guru? When's the last time either school had a good QB? I guess it's all relative.

Yeah that was a bit odd. He was at UW when Wilson was there I believe but he had been developed at NC State. Here's hoping the kid goes with QB guru Lester(hey we can throw that term around too, why not?!)

There is a Twitter pic of Jameis Winston with O'Korn at the church service. It's from Winston and he is calling O'Korn the next great QB at Texas. Gulp.

If its Texas I'm going to dawn the nickname Nostradamus

I presume everyone wants O'Korn here but in reality he won't be available until 2016 so I'm not that concerned We will have quality by then ready for the field Eric Dungey will red-shirt and be ready in'16. If we see him sooner we is cooked again Hunt will start this coming season and AJ will be behind him so we might be in the oven already.

If Dungey redshirts he won't be available until 2016 either. I'm not understanding the point.

I see that he is now following the coaches at FL. With Driskell leaving there I'm thinking Fl.

The whole release thing is irritating. I'd love to see a kid sue over it.
I think that the Messersmith/McNally decision would triumph. It's like the baseball reserve clause. I could see an immediate injunction from enforcing it, due to irreparable harm, i.e., ineligibility.

Florida started classes a week ago and today was their late registration deadline. So no way he can enroll there early. He can still enroll at SU but doesn't look like that will happen

Florida started classes a week ago and today was their late registration deadline. So no way he can enroll there early. He can still enroll at SU but doesn't look like that will happen
Unless he already has and it's slipped under the radar.

Or unless he's not concerned with getting in for spring ball and is fine with enrolling over the summer.

he definitely wanted to enroll somewhere for the spring but that door is closing. If he hasn't been granted his release he can't register anywhere I would assume. All I know is, now that Chryst is taking the Pitt QB recruit with him, SU is his best option for a potential spring enrollment but the kid can't be too interested in us.

he definitely wanted to enroll somewhere for the spring but that door is closing. If he hasn't been granted his release he can't register anywhere I would assume. All I know is, now that Chryst is taking the Pitt QB recruit with him, SU is his best option for a potential spring enrollment but the kid can't be too interested in us.
He wasn't given his release ... Only reason he is still there

if he wants to enroill early its likely us if not enroll in summer somewhere else

He wasn't given his release ... Only reason he is still there
It's pretty awful that a school can dictate a kid's future to such a degree. Whether he comes to Syracuse or not, it's beyond absurd that he doesn't have any say in the matter until Houston decides it's okay for him to leave.

What a crock.

It's pretty awful that a school can dictate a kid's future to such a degree. Whether he comes to Syracuse or not, it's beyond absurd that he doesn't have any say in the matter until Houston decides it's okay for him to leave.

What a crock.

Shades of Pitt / Flacco.