Class of 2014 - QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan

That initial list that O'Korn gave Bailey was equal parts fantasy and reality. Some were places he'd like to go but not necessarily places that would consider picking him up. Even the places giving him consideration we shouldn't assume would extend an offer. That includes SU.

That initial list that O'Korn gave Bailey was equal parts fantasy and reality. Some were places he'd like to go but not necessarily places that would consider picking him up. Even the places giving him consideration we shouldn't assume would extend an offer. That includes SU.

I think SU wants him but we don't appear to be a priority for him. I also hink the new Houston coach wants to talk to him before a release is granted.

I think SU wants him but we don't appear to be a priority for him. I also hink the new Houston coach wants to talk to him before a release is granted.
What a massive leap you're taking here. What reason do you possibly have to suggest SU isn't a priority for him? There's absolutely no news out there suggesting that.

What a massive leap you're taking here. What reason do you possibly have to suggest SU isn't a priority for him? There's absolutely no news out there suggesting that.
There doesn't appear to be solid news about any team out there. Jump ball.

It's pretty awful that a school can dictate a kid's future to such a degree. Whether he comes to Syracuse or not, it's beyond absurd that he doesn't have any say in the matter until Houston decides it's okay for him to leave.

What a crock.
I agree and they also have the power to not renew a kids scholarship whenever they want

But the problem for SU is numbers. Not likely to be room if he can't/doesn't enroll early.

I agree and they also have the power to not renew a kids scholarship whenever they want
With the advent of 4-year scholarships, this dynamic will change somewhat.

Yeah I suppose you are both correct. Seems like the place he wanted first doesn't want him and he still hasn't even been given his release. I hope we can land him, as uncertain as 2015 is(ie how will Hunt do as a senior) 2016 is that much more uncertain

Are there any rules regarding enrolling at another college while on still on scholorship at a different istitution? I wonder if a one might be able to register, if it is allowed, for classes and then drop the class prior to being charged (I believe if you drop with in 2 weeks you get all your money back?). Which would buy an extra couple of weeks of flexability.

Are there any rules regarding enrolling at another college while on still on scholorship at a different istitution? I wonder if a one might be able to register, if it is allowed, for classes and then drop the class prior to being charged (I believe if you drop with in 2 weeks you get all your money back?). Which would buy an extra couple of weeks of flexability.
No, you can attend another school as long as you pay your own way.

Just when I thought I had all of the reasons not to like that jack hole (winston). Doesn't matter, no one will likely remember him in a few years from now other than his mates (cell mates that is). I know harsh, but probably true.

No real reason for an early enrol, he has to sit out a full year anyway.

It has to do with the numbers of commits that can be taken in this class. You can't go over 85 schollies on the roster and you also can't go over 25 in one class year. If he could enroll early he could be counted back on the 2014 class.

It has to do with the numbers of commits that can be taken in this class. You can't go over 85 schollies on the roster and you also can't go over 25 in one class year. If he could enroll early he could be counted back on the 2014 class.

and could also practice in the spring as well, it's probably best that he was enrolled this spring

I don't believe transfers count against any signing limit. 85 obviously. But getting anybody in here for spring practice is biggest reason.

Pretty clear he isn't going to come here, isn't it. Classes are almost two weeks in

Classes already started at UF too, even earlier than SU started. Texas apparently isn't interested in him, which leaves Wisconsin, who starts classes next week. If they aren't interested, this kid will probably have to enroll somewhere for fall semester. First he needs to be released from his scholarship at Houston. People are killing Houston for it but their new coach just got there, I think he wants to talk to the kid before potentially releasing him.

He
Classes already started at UF too, even earlier than SU started. Texas apparently isn't interested in him, which leaves Wisconsin, who starts classes next week. If they aren't interested, this kid will probably have to enroll somewhere for fall semester. First he needs to be released from his scholarship at Houston. People are killing Houston for it but their new coach just got there, I think he wants to talk to the kid before potentially releasing him.

He should be killed for it- pick up the phone if you want to talk to the kid but in the meantime he's running out the clock on him. Nothing like putting your needs ahead of the players. What a jackwagon

I was more thinking of from his perspective, I can not see why he would care about the issue you mention. Do you mean SU would not take him unless he enroled early? I think we would.

John O'Korn ‏@JohnOKorn 11h11 hours ago
THANK YOU to everyone who made my time at the University of Houston a memorable one. I'll never forget my time as a Cougar!

Well at least that sounds like the kid finally got his release.