Class of 2014 - QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan

Well if " a source" says so, it must be true!! If we flip a couple of Wisky's recruits they'd have enough room for him!

Give me the Rocco-O'Korn double play please! He can still register at either school for spring semester.

Give me the Rocco-O'Korn double play please! He can still register at either school for spring semester.
Interesting that Rocco resigned this week from St. Thomas Aquinas, for other opportunities. We have two OL recruits coming in from his state champ team, and O'Korn is considering transferring to SU. I know nothing, but find a kind of coincidental synergy in all this.

Some guy named Shaun DePasquale @fcsscout tweeted 4 days ago that O'Korn has chosen Syracuse.

Kinda went unnoticed.

Hmm... interesting.

Some guy named Shaun DePasquale @fcsscout tweeted 4 days ago that O'Korn has chosen Syracuse.

Kinda went unnoticed.
Comments on there question whether it is legit or based off a Wikipedia page that says the same.

"With John O'Korn picking Syracuse, 'Cuse becomes a real darkhorse in the ACC for 2016. O'Korn has legit skills & size to be a force."

Get everyone's hopes up. :D

Comments on there question whether it is legit or based off a Wikipedia page that says the same.

"With John O'Korn picking Syracuse, 'Cuse becomes a real darkhorse in the ACC for 2016. O'Korn has legit skills & size to be a force."

Speaking of Wikipedia, the mention of Syracuse has since been removed from O'Korn's page.

i love the idea of O'Korn and Dungey battling for the job after this year. AJ and Austin are good kids, from all acounts, but they do not appear to be program changers.

With Grimes to Marshall, we do have an available scholarship, correct?

Just because there is one available doesn't mean that they will use it now.

Could see AJ becoming a Shamarko type of safety. Probably can't hit as hard as Shamarko but I could definitely see AJ being more athletic in coverage.

Just because there is one available doesn't mean that they will use it now.
This is true, but even as much as I believe Dungey could be a player at QB, with how shaky that position has been for us I think it'd be foolish to turn O'Korn away, if he wants to come here.

No, at quarterback.

There is no way AJ could hold off O'Korn/Dungey at QB. It is not even a fair fight look at the difference in size, accuracy and poise. AJ showed a little but remember BC and Clemson he was awful in terms of accuracy.

Dungey was picked by ESPN as our number 1 recruit. Based on his tape he seems to have all of the tools. O'Korn if he can get his mojo back is exceptional. Kid has a rifle. AJ is a player for sure but he just doesnt have the size, or arm strenght to compete with these guys in my opinion. Now if he gets stronger who knows as he is a warrior and looking back at this year to judge him isnt fair at all. Bottom line is that we would have three solid guys competing which is a good thing

This is true, but even as much as I believe Dungey could be a player at QB, with how shaky that position has been for us I think it'd be foolish to turn O'Korn away, if he wants to come here.

Yes but if they weren't going to recruit a QB this class until Hunt went down why do you think they would recruit another one now with Dungey and the JUCO Mahoney on board. I don't think it happens.

Yes but if they weren't going to recruit a QB this class until Hunt went down why do you think they would recruit another one now with Dungey and the JUCO Mahoney on board. I don't think it happens.
Well, I have a hard time putting a preferred walk-on -- despite how solid Mahoney's tape looked -- as a reason why we wouldn't be willing to bring in another QB.

Well, I have a hard time putting a preferred walk-on -- despite how solid Mahoney's tape looked -- as a reason why we wouldn't be willing to bring in another QB.

Well it's not what you or I think but rather what this staff feels their needs are regarding recruiting.

Well it's not what you or I think but rather what this staff feels their needs are regarding recruiting.
I know, and at the same time, there is speculation that QB is going to be a priority with the 2016 class. O'Korn is, essentially, a member of the '16 class, only he's a guy who we already know can play at this level. I wouldn't be surprised if they treat him as a target with an eye toward that class.