QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford

Out of curiosity do we KNOW Lamson was QB3 or that just a logical assumption since he’s portaling?

If the coaches were really surprised by this that makes me think they didn’t tell him he was #3.

And based on what I saw in spring game Lamson should be QB2

We don’t know, I personally think he was 2.
Out of curiosity do we KNOW Lamson was QB3 or that just a logical assumption since he’s portaling?

If the coaches were really surprised by this that makes me think they didn’t tell him he was #3.

No we don’t know, I personally think he was 2.

We don’t know, I personally think he was 2.

No we don’t know, I personally think he was 2.
Didnt Dino say he lost his backup to Wes

Tommy: Huge recruit never really clicked at SU.
Dungy: Every team on the west coast passed becomes a legend for us.
Shrader: From WR to a great player and leader
Carlos: As highly a rated and recruited QB as SU has landed in decades.
Lamson: lightly recruited, passed on by all the west coast teams. Injured, stars in 2 spring games.
What this tells me is that finding a great QB is very beyond difficult. Its truly a crap shoot. Ones team cast-off is anothers Star.
Only time and true game action determines the real winners. Heck TD was a practice super star who regressed in real games. Dungey might not have thrown a great ball but he sure new how to win.
So as to the kid we are going after nobody on this board or for that matter on the staff truly know how he will do.

It’s all speculation. No one here that has posted really knows or if they do haven’t indicated why he decided to leave.

Tommy: Huge recruit never really clicked at SU.
Dungy: Every team on the west coast passed becomes a legend for us.
Shrader: From WR to a great player and leader
Carlos: As highly a rated and recruited QB as SU has landed in decades.
Lamson: lightly recruited, passed on by all the west coast teams. Injured, stars in 2 spring games.
What this tells me is that finding a great QB is very beyond difficult. Its truly a crap shoot. Ones team cast-off is anothers Star.
Only time and true game action determines the real winners. Heck TD was a practice super star who regressed in real games. Dungey might not have thrown a great ball but he sure new how to win.
So as to the kid we are going after nobody on this board or for that matter on the staff truly know how he will do.
Agree completely. People making Lamson out to be a star in spring games could be totally right or completely wrong. Nobody knows. It's a small sample size.

I'll ride and die with Shrader and hope he doesnt get hurt. After that, who knows. Everything is a roller coaster every year now. Hard to plan beyond the next season.

True, Shrader is #1 and we've only seen CDW a few times and do we really know if he can lead us to a victory over an average team? Same for Lamson with even less evidence.

The positive sign from a negative result: we've come in 2nd or 3rd for several 3/4 star QBs that did start and star for other teams...so I think the coaches know how to spot future QBs.

True, Shrader is #1 and we've only seen CDW a few times and do we really know if he can lead us to a victory over an average team? Same for Lamson with even less evidence.

The positive sign from a negative result: we've come in 2nd or 3rd for several 3/4 star QBs that did start and star for other teams...so I think the coaches know how to spot future QBs.
Im not sure Dino does. Beck yes. In the past Gilbert and others under him no other than the Lewis

Well we were told prior to the Spring game that both QBs earned consideration for the number 2 spot. To the point where the coaches flipped a coin to see who would start the scrimmage.

I hold out hope that Lamson returns. The chance to be 2/3 here has to be better than what he will find out there. Plus he knows the system, and Beck is a solid coach/mentor. But regardless, the coaches still have to try and lock up at least one more QB.

I wonder where he ends up. I hope its a great academic school west coast if he wants close to home. He came across as such a nice kid. Hope he does well

"Always be closing"

Then we ran off a future NFL QB over another NFL QB...I think Shrader should be able to stick with a team as a 2nd or 3rd string QB.

Shrader graded as a top 10 qb in the nation last season

If he has a similar season, shrader likely will be a day 2 pick in the draft next season and will challenge for a starting role somewhere.

Could be once again, huge for Syracuse in regards to recruiting

Shrader graded as a top 10 qb in the nation last season

If he has a similar season, shrader likely will be a day 2 pick in the draft next season and will challenge for a starting role somewhere.

Could be once again, huge for Syracuse in regards to recruiting
NFL? No.

NFL? No.
Which NFL team do you scout for? Totally cool having an NFL scout on our board! Now that we know your a professional scout, that clarifies the hard "no" you gave. :rolleyes: Listen I am not saying he is a shoe in but he has a shot...maybe something goes right for him. Why not wait and see?

Yes I do. No one knows how G S will perform or have any ill effects from the surgery he is coming off from. The way Lamson played during the Spring was far ahead of Wilson. The main point of a Spring game is to figure out who is your best QB. Even tho GS can't play til summer, feel JL should have had the opportunity to compete. IF GS wins it fine but at least put it out there. I couldn't picture Alabama, Georgia, S.Carolina, (ex:
LaNorris) naming starting QB until after Spring game or completion of summer drills.. to laugh at it would show ignorance and lack of their knowledge.

Yes I do. No one knows how G S will perform or have any ill effects from the surgery he is coming off from. The way Lamson played during the Spring was far ahead of Wilson. The main point of a Spring game is to figure out who is your best QB. Even tho GS can't play til summer, feel JL should have had the opportunity to compete. IF GS wins it fine but at least put it out there. I couldn't picture Alabama, Georgia, S.Carolina, (ex:
LaNorris) naming starting QB until after Spring game or completion of summer drills.. to laugh at it would show ignorance and lack of their knowledge.

Does anyone actually know why he is leaving

Does Lamson have any offers yet? Maybe he’s just seeing what’s out there.

Does Lamson have any offers yet? Maybe he’s just seeing what’s out there.

Which seems like a dangerous game if we replace him with a portal player and he’s left with nowhere to go. Which is happening with a lot of players.

Which seems like a dangerous game if we replace him with a portal player and he’s left with nowhere to go. Which is happening with a lot of players.

I imagine it’s a conversation he can have with the coaches and keep communication open but it is a risk.

There is a possibility he's both back AND we add a portal QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom