Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure why people think VT, GT, Miami and NCS are considered easy games next year. We could easily lose all four. Playing at Pitt and BC are not easy games either.
Agreed they are all games we could easily lose. But they are also games we can win. I don't see any game on the schedule that leads me to believe we can't win IF...

we didn't play any teams we couldn't beat this year and that didn't go so well either.

But given what we saw if we had McCord last year we beat BC and the Clemson/GT games would have been much more interesting with any kind of passing game,

The 3 in the middle were blowouts once we had no offense at all.

we didn't play any teams we couldn't beat this year and that didn't go so well either.

But given what we saw if we had McCord last year we beat BC and the Clemson/GT games would have been much more interesting with any kind of passing game,

The 3 in the middle were blowouts once we had no offense at all.
We still have to account for opponents improving their rosters and development as well. Some teams will have better personnel. Some may get worse.

Last edited:
if nothing else we have improved the potential talent level of many positions across the board..

QB - McCord might not save as many plays or run, but the throwing catch windows will be much improved, now do we have a 2nd player who can keep the ship moving if needed?

WR - time will tell, but size and speed will be better and with better throwing, all might look improved

RB - LA comes back and the size upgrade will help

DL - at least some options to hope we find some kind of pass rush

ST - Ga kid and Pena if he stays and still have most of who we had last yr as well

if nothing else we have improved the potential talent level of many positions across the board..

QB - McCord might not save as many plays or run, but the throwing catch windows will be much improved, now do we have a 2nd player who can keep the ship moving if needed?

WR - time will tell, but size and speed will be better and with better throwing, all might look improved

RB - LA comes back and the size upgrade will help

DL - at least some options to hope we find some kind of pass rush

ST - Ga kid and Pena if he stays and still have most of who we had last yr as well
OL Is a work in progress.

I didn’t say that. It’s not a knock on McCord.

But they were missing the best WR in all of college football.
They still had Treyveon and Emeka out there, it's not like they had no weapons.

McCord

Not as high on or current wide receivers other than OG as others. I was watching the TexAM game and saw how one of their receivers constantly came back from his original route to help his qb on poorly thrown balls. Other than OG never really remember any of our receivers trying to come off their original route or get any separation. I feel prior to camp you will see a entirely new wr room from last season other than OG.

Not as high on or current wide receivers other than OG as others. I was watching the TexAM game and saw how one of their receivers constantly came back from his original route to help his qb on poorly thrown balls. Other than OG never really remember any of our receivers trying to come off their original route or get any separation. I feel prior to camp you will see an entirely new wr room from last season other than OG.
The one time Donovan Brown did he ended up with a really long TD. Think it was 80+ yards if I recall.

Edit: went back and looked, 86 yds vs Western Michigan. Can still remember the play as Shrader scrambled to his right and Brown came back down the sideline and proceeded to catch and break across the field and then raced to the end zone.

Last edited:
IF and it is a big IF we can put together a good OL, we have the talent to actually win the ACC next year. The schedule is as good as it is going to get. McCord is the real deal. OG please be healthy, LA, Dan, Alford, Pena if back as well as all of the other WRs and we have an O that has lots of weapons. I actually think that Tremble is going to start and really turn some heads. On D we need another interior player and hopefully we close with the DB picking us. Point is we truly have a chance to beat every team we play. Of course, we are going to need luck and bounces to go our way, but I think our ceiling next year is actually the playoffs.
McCord is the best QB we have had since Donovan. Ryan was good but this kid is better. Lots of IFs Lots of Hope.
There is NO doubt that our O-line will be better. GUARANTEED. Go Orange

Not as high on or current wide receivers other than OG as others. I was watching the TexAM game and saw how one of their receivers constantly came back from his original route to help his qb on poorly thrown balls. Other than OG never really remember any of our receivers trying to come off their original route or get any separation. I feel prior to camp you will see a entirely new wr room from last season other than OG.
Scramble drill practice might help in the passing game.

That was a fun interview getting to know more about Kyle, all of the connections he has to some of our coaches, and his recruitment (& false narratives), the NIL numbers he hears from other players, and so much more. We are lucky to have him as our QB1 for next season. He recognizes the opportunity and the schedule... and all the talent that is coming in along with more talent he is recruiting.

For those that came from the North Country, there was some Brian Leonard talk around 15:20. Even though he went to that university that I won't mention by name, he was always someone I'd root for since I played hoops with and against his brother Nate. Good family.

Around 19:20... starts talking Marvin Jr. It is crazy that they've been playing together since 8th grade! That is legit a QB/WR connection.

Last edited:
That was a fun interview getting to know more about Kyle, all of the connections he has to some of our coaches, and his recruitment (& false narratives), the NIL numbers he hears from other players, and so much more. We are lucky to have him as our QB1 for next season. He recognizes the opportunity and the schedule... and all the talent that is coming in along with more talent he is recruiting.

For those that came from the North Country, there was some Brian Leonard talk around 15:20. Even though he went to that university that I won't mention by name, he was always someone I'd root for since I played hoops with and against his brother Nate. Good family.
Yeah Kyle seems like a really likable guy. Easy to root for him. Really excited for Spring Ball!

Interesting mention of Brian Leonard. Haven't heard that name in a long time. Did we ever have a chance with him?

Interesting mention of Brian Leonard. Haven't heard that name in a long time. Did we ever have a chance with him?
I think he almost took a late visit here after he had committed to Rutgers

The Leonard brothers were also very good basketball players. Tough, hard nosed players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom